TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

ummm, WT is reliable, It's just Dragster that's a pain in the A**

Every time since i've been to CP from 02' to now, it's been open every time.

Well WT has had quite a bit of downtime. Just not nearly as long, or as reported as TTD.

WT had some downtime in it's first year due to stress fractures in the track. Extra supports were added in the off season, and the ride hasn't been run as fast as it ran early in it's first season.

It's eason ended early also the season before last, or the one before(can't remember 100%) due to electrical problems.

But regardless, WT still is much more reliable than TTD.

Though mechanically speaking TTD ran pretty well last year. It's just that TTD needs good weather to run. Rain, wind,cold all seriously affect it's ability to run. It's very much a "fair weather" ride.

It's very much a "fair weather" ride.

Which isn't exactly something that Sandusky is known for.

I think you can count how many times the temperature hits 80 in the summer on one hand.

Ya its definetly a fair weather ride, but sandusky does have a lot of nice days in the summer.

I've been lucky I've been to CP in 2003, 2004, and 2005 and I've gotten plenty of rides on TTD. I'm hoping for a giant dive machine or maybe a 4D but I wouldn't complain if it was another hyper but over 500 foot with heaps of elements.

I would be disappointed if it was a flyer or a floorless, and I can't see why they would build coasters they already have at Geauga Lake - the place is doing it hard enough as it is.

the last three times I've been there, WT has been closed, so I didn't know that, I guess I have bad luck, but it wasn't even closed for short term, either. The sign out front said Wicked Twister won't be operating today. I'm hoping to get on it this year, as my gf still doesn't have the credit (in 5 times going there) because it wasn't running.

BTW, I've never had trouble getting on TTD, even when it's been closed for me, it's always opened up later in the day.

I've been lucky I've been to CP in 2003, 2004, and 2005 and I've gotten plenty of rides on TTD. I'm hoping for a giant dive machine or maybe a 4D but I wouldn't complain if it was another hyper but over 500 foot with heaps of elements.

I would be disappointed if it was a flyer or a floorless, and I can't see why they would build coasters they already have at Geauga Lake - the place is doing it hard enough as it is.

I think you'll be dissappointed to know that a 500 foot coaster is not in the works. And thats logic speaking.

CP hasn't made a serious crack at a coaster with some actual ride elements to it since MF, since then they've built 2 which are basically one hit wonders...(WT only has 2 spinning verticle pikes... oooh uber thrilling! and TTD has crappy air time, and a not so intense launch, only thing its really got going for it thats impressive is its hight and speed) This time, though, I think Cedar Point will go for something that is thrilling, and has some real content of its own.

On their launchers, I'm half and half. During my first visit in '03, TTD was down both days, but WT was fine. Last year, TTD was running both days, but not WT. I wonder which will be up when I go this year?

Back on topic for '07: I forget how much space WWL took up, but I'm sure they could fit a large coaster in there. Personally I'm hoping for a 4-D. Its something pretty unique, as only 2 other parks have one. Otherwise, Maybe a hyper-Floorless? That would be a record breaker thats feasible. Or a hyper dive machine, as others have suggested. I just want something verticle that's not launched there (MF doesnt count, since its only 80*)

I'd guess the chances of a 4D are slim to none. They've been burned by prototypes the past few times. And are probably not going to want to get something unproven.

I'd say the chances of it being B&M are pretty good. Especially considering how many B&M's have been installed recently in other Cedar Fair parks.

^Unfortunately, the world is moving into a steel age. Woodies are scarce, and the only chance of getting one is if GCI designs us one (which I would not mind one bit ) I say chances are were getting a BM. Hopefully something verticle, or a hyper-floorless. Some record thats breakable, yet not that risky...

Well, whatever the attraction may be, I can't wait! This time around, I hope they put more thought into the upcoming attraction...instead of trying to break world records....More like focusing on the coaster's layout.... making it Long, twisted, fun and fast....Not Tall, fast and short. (should it be a coaster, though most likely it will be)

I'm hoping for either a B&M Floorless, or Another top-notch B&M Inverter...can't get enough of an Inverted coaster!....If they have a enourmous amout of space, i'd might want to see a GCI woodie (Though I overall prefer steel coasters more) Whatever they come up with, i'm sure i'll be fun

What about a 500 feet Diving coaster ? That would be so funny. But I think it will be a Floorless, but not the "tallest" coaster ever built ! Wait a few years, then they will break that record *again and again*

Not unless Intamin has developed a dive machine.

B&M won't build much over 200 feet. And even if they would go that tall it would be way too expenisve.

And if CP bought a 500 foot Intamin dive machine prototype, well then they'd obviously be suckers for punishement.

The thing with WT and TTD is like the thing in SFMM when they only habe one or the other open but never the two on the same day.

I think the 2007 project will be major!Probably deuling to beat SFMM to the 18 coaster record but thats it!I doubt they'll go for height, spped or anythin like that!Maybe some new inversions but i don't wanna pick a type of coaster just yet.

Maybe like SFMM superman.

P.s. I do wish it was a 5oo footer!