TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

How does early entry work? Do they check at the turnstiles for your platinum pass and keep all regular guests behind the turnstiles until opening time or do they let all guests into the park behind a barrier and you just flash your pass / key / etc. to get past the barrier?

How does early entry work? Do they check at the turnstiles for your platinum pass and keep all regular guests behind the turnstiles until opening time or do they let all guests into the park behind a barrier and you just flash your pass / key / etc. to get past the barrier?

The second one. They set up a barrier kind of near the Sky Ride station, that way there's no backup at the turnstiles.

Going May 18th-21st with some friends, (we all work at Dorney Park) and it will be my first time visiting CP. Anybody have do's and dont's? if there is any 'donts' at CP!
Don't trust the Dippin' Dots guy.

Dont waste your time on Mean Streak, Gemini, or magnum. The other coasters are the must do's

Woah woah woah slow down. Mean streak, sure. The other two you mentioned are well-respected rides. They may not be your cup of tea, but don't tell someone not to bother riding them.

I honestly don't think Cedar Point has a bad coaster thanks to Mantis becoming Rougarou. Corkscrew is the closest thing to being a bad coaster and even that isn't terrible. Mean Streak is decent but ride in the first row of any car and lean forward a little or it's ridiculously rough.

One enthusiast telling another enthusiast who has never been to Cedar Point before not to bother riding Magnum is one of the most laughable things I've heard on these forums in a while. Really?

But seriously, DONT be a sheep and get in line for Raptor first thing in the morning like everyone else. It'll have a pretty short line later in the afternoon.

DO take a moment and enjoy a walk on the beach at some point. You can walk all the way from Magnum to Wicked Twister, and it'll be a nice relaxing break in your day.

DO's:

Get in early and ride MF and possibly Maverick before opening

Start at the back of the park and work forward

If you really want to do the water rides, do all 3 at once (Thunder Canyon, Shoot the Rapids, Snake River Falls) and then change clothes since you will be soaked.

If possible, take a mid afternoon break and walk the beach or just get away for a bit. I love walking through the museum in Frontier Town

See a show!

DON'T:

Get in a line no matter what. Gatekeeper's wait times drop off considerably once everyone has moved on. Just because it's at the front doesn't mean you have to do it first.

Take the Sky Ride 1st thing in the morning. The line will be long and you can always come back to it.

Bring any unnecessary loose objects with you. I leave my camera in the car for the morning rides and retrieve it later so I don't need to rent a locker for every ride.

I agree with all of those. Raptor and Gatekeeper should only be ridden in the morning if the forecast calls for wind and you see them running when you get to the park as they're the first 2 coasters to close when it's windy.

You can actually get on both rides with short waits (especially Raptor) during Early Entry but your time would be better spent at Maverick or Millennium Force because Raptor and Gatekeeper's lines get really short later on.

... Mean Streak is decent but ride in the first row of any car and lean forward a little or it's ridiculously rough.

Since you have to sit in a certain row and lean forward or otherwise you experience a ridiculously rough ride does not make it a 'decent' ride to me. Even though that is the only way to ride it if you don't want it to feel like a leprechaun is trapped in the back of the seat you are sitting in kicking your lower back and kidneys out during the whole ride.

I agree that it's a ridiculous way to ride any coaster, but I still suggest doing it because it works. Maybe I'm more generous than most when labeling a coaster "decent" instead of writing it off as a bad ride. You bring up a fair point.

Getting on the topic of lockers, are there any centrally and conveniently located all day lockers? I'd like to bring my dslr and not have to trek to the front of the park or the car to get it every time i want to use it or put it away

... Mean Streak is decent but ride in the first row of any car and lean forward a little or it's ridiculously rough.

Since you have to sit in a certain row and lean forward or otherwise you experience a ridiculously rough ride does not make it a 'decent' ride to me. Even though that is the only way to ride it if you don't want it to feel like a leprechaun is trapped in the back of the seat you are sitting in kicking your lower back and kidneys out during the whole ride.

Mean Streak really wasn't rough at all to me when I rode it last season. I just thought the ride was boring. I mean, it's a massive coaster, yet the train is going extremely slow half of the time.

Getting on the topic of fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, are there any centrally and conveniently located all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? I'd like to bring my dslr and not have to trek to the front of the park or the car to get it every time i want to use it or put it away

We usually go to either the TTD lcokers or the MF lcokers and put stuff in there like that. Those seem to be the easiest if you have to have a lcoker for a bit.