TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think it is a great idea. People of certain body heights do take a bit of abuse in the neck area from the hard restraints so a little padding can only make it better.

Same. I never had an issue with the old hard restraints, but I think the new ones will be an improvement.

Do you think they'll still make you take your earrings out to ride? That happened to a couple of my friends when we rode it. It's not huge deal but it is a little bit annoying. I always thought it was because of the restraints; I always hit my ears on them.

This is awesome - perhaps even more-so than the Mantis/Rougarou transformation.

I had not had an issue with the old restraints during the past two seasons - once I knew where to properly brace for two of the tightest transitions. But every member of my family said that they got an ear slapping and/or headache on the ride, so they are very happy with this change. I am sure that a lot of the GP will be as well.

Something I have to get off my chest.

We have reservations for hotel breakers for opening weekend. We(6 of us) are staying in a suite that is costing us over $500. Included in the package are some after 4pm tickets. We have season passes, but one of the couples that is staying with us does not so they are using the tickets and would like to spend the full day in the park. When we booked the room over the phone, we were under the impression that they were full day tickets. Now here is the problem......

I just called the hotel to see if they could upgrade the after 4pm tickets to a full day ticket. They told us no, and that in order for them to go a full day that they must purchase additional full day tickets.

Why wouldn't you want people to upgrade? I have upgraded at Disney and other parks, and they have never batted an eye at taking my money. So now, they are just going to chill out at the hotel until 4 instead of hitting the park. We would have gladly paid to upgrade, and now that's $$ that the park is missing out on and not making the guest very happy.

Normally I don't like to whine about things, but for some reason this is bothering me. Now before you say that we are being cheap, let me tell you a little story behind the couple that is using the tickets.

The family that is joining us has had a tough go of it and we are inviting them as our guest at no charge this weekend. The single mother is trying to raise her child by herself because of the father passing suddenly last year. They do not have the money to do things like this and need to get away for a while, so we thought of them when making the reservation.Due to the fact that we are paying for the entire deal, we can not afford to purchase full day tickets for them as we have a budget for this trip ourselfs.

Ok...I am done venting for now....

Something I have to get off my chest.

We have reservations for hotel breakers for opening weekend. We(6 of us) are staying in a suite that is costing us over $500. Included in the package are some after 4pm tickets. We have season passes, but one of the couples that is staying with us does not so they are using the tickets and would like to spend the full day in the park. When we booked the room over the phone, we were under the impression that they were full day tickets. Now here is the problem......

I just called the hotel to see if they could upgrade the after 4pm tickets to a full day ticket. They told us no, and that in order for them to go a full day that they must purchase additional full day tickets.

Why wouldn't you want people to upgrade? I have upgraded at Disney and other parks, and they have never batted an eye at taking my money. So now, they are just going to chill out at the hotel until 4 instead of hitting the park. We would have gladly paid to upgrade, and now that's $$ that the park is missing out on and not making the guest very happy.

Normally I don't like to whine about things, but for some reason this is bothering me. Now before you say that we are being cheap, let me tell you a little story behind the couple that is using the tickets.

The family that is joining us has had a tough go of it and we are inviting them as our guest at no charge this weekend. The single mother is trying to raise her child by herself because of the father passing suddenly last year. They do not have the money to do things like this and need to get away for a while, so we thought of them when making the reservation.Due to the fact that we are paying for the entire deal, we can not afford to purchase full day tickets for them as we have a budget for this trip ourselfs.

Ok...I am done venting for now....

Ask again at check in. You would think they would work with you.

So excited to see the new restraints on Maverick. We are making a trip up to the park this summer, and this will be a nice improvement over the previous restraints. I know that coaster enthusiast learn how to "ride" the coaster, by leaning into the turns and such to avoid the "neck chopping." However, the General Public may not know this, so these restraints will be a huge benefit to the GP as well!

I actually really really like the strap restraints they have on I305 because of how well they allow you to really feel the nuances of the track and the rotations. I don't find it painful with the other restraints, but I like that I don't feel the transitions on only my thighs with the new ones. The airtime and forces are strong enough on Maverick as well as I305 that the the vest doesn't affect your ability to feel them, it just allows the forces to be more dispersed which is nice because the round bars for your legs are not overly ergonomic.

Really looking forward to Maverick with the new restraints! Hoping for a surprise opening on media day for Rougarou to show them off but doubt it since Maverick will not be open that night for passholder night. In any case I'll be first in line on opening day!