TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Rougarou Update... and apparently they have already done some testing as they show a brief clip of it in the video around the 0:40 second mark.

The nerd in me is geeking out over watching the floor drop mechanisms go up and down. No shame.

I'm actually excited to see this sign come together as Cedar Fair has done great work with their signs of late so can't wait to see what it becomes.

The other day a rougarou commercial aired and it had an animation of the sign. It looked pretty simple, and undetailed. Of course it could be different in real life, but the part standing looks identical

Looks great. I wonder if Cedar Point is happy with the paint job? The rails look awfully worn already.

I'm sure it really doesn't matter. Plus they had Mantis running while the paint was being put on so that counts for a lot of the wear and tear on the rails.

See you there we staying at breakers over the same weekend lol!

Stu K

Me too! I'm also from the UK and it's my first ever trip to Cedar Point. I'm scared of how long the queues are going to be though with it being memorial day weekend...

Fast Lane plus at Cedar Point is well worth it. I go to Cedar Point a lot and have only done Fast Lane once but it was the best and most relaxing trip we had. Walking on Maverick three times in a row with it having over an hour wait was an awesome feeling.

Looks great. I wonder if Cedar Point is happy with the paint job? The rails look awfully worn already.

I actually don't think they painted over the worn parts on the rails. If you watch the first Rougarou File they released last fall you notice the painters avoided the worn areas. Here is a link to the clip.

I actually don't think they painted over the worn parts on the rails. If you watch the first Rougarou File they released last fall you notice the painters avoided the worn areas. Here is a link to the clip.

This would make sense as they painted the worn areas on Millennium Force and paint was stripping off those areas very soon into that season.

Look at at the 1:50 mark, they are painting the rails and "worn areas." The paint didn't have as much time to set then it might usually have. Mantis was still in operation every weekend while they painted.

Look at at the 1:50 mark, they are painting the rails and "worn areas." The paint didn't have as much time to set then it might usually have. Mantis was still in operation every weekend while they painted.

Possibly. If you look at the 2:05 mark you see the painters clearly avoiding the worn areas. Regardless I don't believe Cedar Point will be upset with the paint job.

So I wonder what CP is going to do with all the spare parts from Mantis' trains. Six Flags could probably use them for RR, GS, and GL

or the other 2 B&M standups in the cf chain

I appreciate your cynicism but the stand-ups in the Six Flags chain are much more similar to Mantis than Vortex etc;

So I wonder what CP is going to do with all the spare parts from Mantis' trains. Six Flags could probably use them for RR, GS, and GL

The trains themselves, except for the lead cars (one went to the roller coaster museum, one CP will use for HalloWeekends, not sure about #3) were actually scrapped. Generic B&M parts were kept, but everything else metal was sent to the scrap yard. So if anything, there really isn't any spare parts that could be sent out to other parks/rides.

The trains themselves, except for the lead cars (one went to the roller coaster museum, one CP will use for HalloWeekends, not sure about #3) were actually scrapped. Generic B&M parts were kept, but everything else metal was sent to the scrap yard. So if anything, there really isn't any spare parts that could be sent out to other parks/rides.

Oh I see. Thanks for the info

See you there we staying at breakers over the same weekend lol!

Stu K

Me too! I'm also from the UK and it's my first ever trip to Cedar Point. I'm scared of how long the queues are going to be though with it being memorial day weekend...

I went in the middle of Summer on the last week of July for 2 days on the Wednesday and Thursday (the only week I could get off and fly from Korea) for what was probably my only ever trip and this was before fast-plus+ and we still managed to get almost everything done using the second day to hit Maverick in the morning (we missed it the second day) the water park and re-rides on most of the major coasters. Although it helped I had friends who had been before and knew the crowd. When I saw Raptor with almost a 2 hour line and Mantis with a huge line, I thought i'd have to make a few tough decisions on what I'd miss out of due to time but my friends knew when to go back to find them practically walk-on even in summer. So i'd assume with fast pass + you'll have no problems getting everything you want.