TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

For the Early Entry...are there generally a lot of people? Also, what ride should I hit first for Early Entry? Rougarou maybe since it is new?

During early entry I've hit Maverick, Millennium, Raptor, Gatekeeper in that order and was in line for Dragster by 9:50. Millennium is the biggest wait during early entry but on most of my visits if it was the first or second ride I did the wait was no more than 10 minutes.

Just a heads up for those still interested... My Winter Chill Out photos have been upload: Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2015

I would have done a photo TR post for it, but since I was late to the party with getting the pictures edited and such, I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus, plenty of other TR's floating around already!

Just a heads up for those still interested... My Winter Chill Out photos have been upload: Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2015

I would have done a photo TR post for it, but since I was late to the party with getting the pictures edited and such, I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus, plenty of other TR's floating around already!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Robb sent out an email on this, but in case you didn't get it or not on his mailing list - Registration for Coastermania on June 5 is now open! Here is the link from Robb.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/coastermania

Am I reading that right? As long as you're a member of a coaster club and have a season pass the event is free? I mean besides having to buy the club membership and season pass.

Robb sent out an email on this, but in case you didn't get it or not on his mailing list - Registration for Coastermania on June 5 is now open! Here is the link from Robb.

Am I reading that right? As long as you're a member of a coaster club and have a season pass the event is free? I mean besides having to buy the club membership and season pass.

Always been free. Also always huge attendance (like over 1000) for a coaster event.

I didn't know that. Thanks! Since there is no extra charge I'd imagine it would get very busy. Ert lines would be crazy. Am I wrong?

Usually they have a bunch of stuff open. Stuff that's newer gets a big line, stuff that isn't, not so much. I haven't been in years because, hey, it isn't that exclusive. Traditionally, if you wanted to marathon on Magnum at midnight though, Coastermania could definitely do you right. But I really don't hang out with many people in the scene anymore, so it isn't my thing even at the best possible price ($0).

For the Early Entry...are there generally a lot of people? Also, what ride should I hit first for Early Entry? Rougarou maybe since it is new?

During early entry I've hit Maverick, Millennium, Raptor, Gatekeeper in that order and was in line for Dragster by 9:50. Millennium is the biggest wait during early entry but on most of my visits if it was the first or second ride I did the wait was no more than 10 minutes.

Good to know for my June trip! I can't wait to finally visit Cedar Point.

Are Millennium and Maverick more front seat or back seat rides? I plan on trying both but want some recommendations for our first ride the evening before.

Maverick and Millennium Force are good in any row, but the last row is the best.

I personally think 1-2 on MF is the best kept secret... Usually walk-on and due to the stadium seating, usually have a great front-seat view without the wait. I think there is far more airtime in the front (aside from front drop) in the front of the train, especially on warm nights.

On Maverick, any seat is good. But I do like the visuals up front.

It's always been free and that's the problem. Thousands of people attend now. I remember the early years, and you got a lot of ERT rides. Not anymore especially on rides like MF. It's like the park is open to the public. A great lunch is also included too! You get a shirt or sweatshirt free. Several years ago they gave us Gatekeeper jackets which they sell for $50.

They need to start charging to size down the crowds that are coming now. I don't mind paying for ERT's if you get lots of rides...

Good to know for my June trip! I can't wait to finally visit Cedar Point.

Are Millennium and Maverick more front seat or back seat rides? I plan on trying both but want some recommendations for our first ride the evening before.

As with what someone else said, 1-2 On millennium force is great. My preference is the front half of the train for more airtime. But really everybody I know has a different favorite spot on Millennium Force. For Maverick, My preference is the back seat all the way, I find it to be the most intense & unforgiving in the back seat, and that's why I love it.

Stunning photos. Thanks for sharing! Some of the best I've seen if the event!!

Whenever I hear there's airtime in the front I take it with a grain of salt. I try out those rows and I get little or no airtime. The views are nice, but I'm all about airtime. With that said, I will definitely give 1-2 on Millennium Force a shot. Another airtime row on one of my favorite coasters would be awesome.

CoasterMania is great, and the park always treats us fantastically! The biggest drawback, like others have mentioned, is that it is too overcrowded. The last time I went, I actually waited in line longer for some of the morning ERT coasters than I did during the regular part of the day.

I appreciate that they are trying to make it available to everyone by not charging, and I'm glad they are requiring registration now. But at some point, it becomes counter-productive to having "exclusive" ride time.

^ Maybe the park, in a future move, could charge a "donation" amount for CoasterMania,

with all the proceeds going to a supported charity, etc.? Maybe even Coasting for Kids?

A suggestion.

I would say the crowd spills over more into Saturday, if anything. You may get some there Thursday evening, but you're more likely to get people to stay Friday night into Saturday.

Thanks! I'll be there for 2-3 days during that week and want to plan accordingly.

We get our passes for Christmas each year from the inlaws, and they get us gold passes through KI. We want to upgrade to platinum and pay the difference...should there be any problem? I would think not, but just trying to find out for sure.