TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ok here's the info

1. Turnpike Cars are gone

2. Wicked twister midway refresh, calypso is relocating next to the Ferris wheel and dodgem is also relocating over there

3. I305 restraints on Maverick confirmed.

4. They HINTED at RMC coming to the park. Tony Clark & Jason the GM of the park were giving us a slideshow presentation and a picture of Outlaw Run was clipped by really fast and they said "Whoops how did that get here" when they were asked questions about it later they just said "I don't know what your talking about"

Ok here's the info

1. Turnpike Cars are gone

2. Wicked twister midway refresh, calypso is relocating next to the Ferris wheel and dodgem is also relocating over there

3. I305 restraints on Maverick confirmed.

4. They HINTED at RMC coming to the park. Tony Clark & Jason the GM of the park were giving us a slideshow presentation and a picture of Outlaw Run was clipped by really fast and they said "Whoops how did that get here" when they were asked questions about it later they just said "I don't know what your talking about"

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT #4?! This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Has it been confirmed that maverick is getting new restraints like I305 or restrains like MF or TTD?

There is your answer.

These are Maverick's current trains...

They use a combination of a ancient 1960s lapbar and a thin, but hard shoulder restraint.

Intamin used these between 2004 and 2011.

maverick.thumb.JPG.3f370744677d95fda0d65fa71a20f073.JPG

If the park specifically mentioned Intimidator 305, then it's likely that the park will simply replace the hard shoulder part with a soft and flexible one.

Intamin first installed these on Bakken's spinning coaster in 2009. i305 got them in the summer of 2010, a few months after the ride's opening.

They haven't been used on any other ride.

inta13.jpg.f3f867ab5b4e081ec723fb9e82fadba9.jpg

Since 2013 however, Intamin has started using properly shaped lapbars, without an additional shoulder element:

inta.thumb.jpg.67f2b5a28ec0131fe91006d35341f15d.jpg

4846154674127503174.jpg.600184b6aeefd09055236c8ec17cda31.jpg

Edited by BDG

I think the lap bar would be best, also I think that the outlaw run picture is probably hinting towards a new woodie instead of a steel mean streak. Do you think a new RMC could be the 2016 coaster instead of a new Dive Machine?

Welp, today has been exciting. All great news, the new Wicked Twister midway is going to look great (similar to the new Gemini one), Mantis will be ride-able (and one of the better rides in the park), and Maverick has the chance to be my #2 coaster in the world now... This is possibly the best offseason for CP since Maverick was installed.

I couldn't have been more excited when I heard the Maverick news.

Unknown-2.jpeg.caebe5ee705bd0e290d64f709e197b14.jpeg

A few keys to what we learned today. I will have a full trip report with tons of pictures tommarow.

1.New restraints for maverick

2.New candy and fudge shop called sweet spot next to the pagoda.

3.Bumper cars being moved onto the wicked twister midway.

4. Say goodbye to sir rub a dubs tubs and turnpike cars.

5 . calypso being moved next to the giant wheel and being re-themed to tiki twirl.

6.They teased us with a quick shot of a rmc coaster.

7. The first floor less train is now on site (got to sit in it).

I will have more in my trip report.

From the picture and the description, it looks like Tiki Twirl (Calypso) is taking the place of the small entry area in front of the Wicked Twister station. For the people who were there, does that seem to be correct? (edit: maybe not, thanks for the answer below!)

Edited by The Great Zo

Considering the plot of land they've just removed (a nice chunk of it..) I don't think it's Iron Mean Streak. I think it's gonna be a custom RMC of some sort, or the B&M Dive Machine. I don't think they'd do so much to fool us as to spend tons of $ to move Calypso and retheme it, move the Bumper Cars, remove a Turnpike and Sir Rub A Dub Tubs. Seems a bit too much to see a "Mean Streak: Last Chance to Ride!" banner hanging in front of Mean Streak this season.

This is why I like CF much better then SF. They make an effort to relocate flats and keep them. SF makes an effort to remove flats and throw them in the dump.

Wouldn't mind seeing them take a crack at making mean streak not suck. Bout the only thing cedar point is missing is a really good wooden coaster.

I've heard Blue Streak's Airtime is insane.

I think if they can get a good non-looping wooden coaster, followed by a looping one, their line up would be stellar and would blow MM out of the water.

On second thought, why not compete with Magic Mountain with Gemini? I know it's unrealistic as it's already hybrid, but why not make an inversion on the current layout of Gemini? They can avoid the looping wooden coaster and save the spot for something more innovative (B&M 4D anyone?!)