TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I liked Chickie and Pete's at Cedar Point but for some reason I found the food (especially the crab fries) to be much better at Dorney. Then again we usually drop a good hundred bucks at the one at Dorney and the majority of that is on drinks so maybe my judgement is a little off when I go there.

Drunk Jojo rolls are the best Jojo rolls.

Chickie and Pete's has a bathroom still, and I actually liked the food I had and it's way better than most places at the park.

The bathroom is not for the public anymore. My daughter had to go in the middle of our meal, and tried to use it but a staff member told us it was no longer a bathroom and that the closest one was at the arcade. The same thing happened to a friend of mine at the restaurant as well.

The food was horrid. We ate there twice....once we got the pizza and it was nothing but pizza sauce, and the other time we got the philly steak and it was dry as can be. The fries were good, but not worth the $9 they are asking for them.

Love Cedar Point, haven't been since summer Maverick opened.

Had an opportunity to go last Summer, but skipped out. Gatekeeper looks like an average B&M that meanders through the course. Was not interested in taking a day to make the trek out to the park. Although if a quality dive coaster gets installed in the next couple years, that may change my opinion.

As of late, I only ride Gatekeeper in the back. The first drop is pretty forceful, and the immelman too. I enjoy both of those a lot. The two zero G rolls surve a purpose of being weightless, not forceful. The dive loop can be meh. All in all I don't think it's bad. I really enjoy it and I'll go on it probably two or three times I go to the park. I just don't wait over 30 minutes for it lol

I have ridden gatekeeper about 8 times. four in front and four in back. both sides twice. Back makes the ride a lot better. I would much rather just ride an invert. GK is graceful and smooth and beautiful, Its a solid coaster, though I found it kind of boring. All in all not bad. Id take raptor or Maverick any day of the week over it. Hopefully wingriders fizzle out and don't pop up at every park because there really are better choices out there

The guys at coaster-net made a recent video mentioning that at last year's tour, Tony Clark hinted about a big announcement of sorts (or maybe just teasers) for 2015's winter chill out. Very intriguing considering all the recent developments at Cedar Point. If you could get any info on this, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Cedar Point needs to do something about it's food offerings. Besides the franchises it's brought in (Chickie and Pete's, Famous Daves, TGI Fridays, Chick Fil A, Pinks and Boardwalk Fries) the food is all amazingly bad. I know Midway Market has it's fans but that's just crappy picnic grove food and I don't know what anyone sees in the place.

I love this park but the food selection needs serious help.

Since the park does have those franchise tie-ins I have no problems with their other food offerings. i have a choice and I'll avoid the low quality food. Quality food service is a huge pain in the butt for parks, if they want to sublet in order to bring in quality I have no problem with that. I have a problem when the vendors they partner with are subpar or unspectacular.

Most of the parks that do a good job with that kind of stuff are heavily themed parks -- SDC/DW and of course Disney, for example. Knoebels is an exception to that, but their culinary offerings are generally park/fair variety, just done very well. No one's ever confused a Cedar Fair park for Epcot, but I've always thought Cedar Point had a lot of room to improve in that respect. In a perfect world, I'd prefer well-themed, high-quality stuff developed in-house. However, if that's not possible, dependable franchises and chains are still a lot better than most of what Cedar Point's done on their own.

I actually went to Chickie's and Pete's on opening day last season, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Way better than most of the food at CP. I'll stick to there, Famous Dave's, and Johnny Rockets. Oh, and Auntie Anne's pretzels

I also sampled Chickie & Pete's during Halloweekends last year and found them to be the best fries I've ever had. I'd really like it if Cedar Point sold Boardwalk Fries in other places than that one cart. I remember the Boardwalk Fries at Hersheypark and Dutch Wonderland being quite good. As for now, though, I'm satisfied with the dining options in the park and in the Breakers. I'm curious as to whether the new Surf Lounge will offer food or just drinks.

Actually I do have hope for a Rougarou train reveal, Tony Clark has teased a month ago that the trains hadn't arrived YET and also one of the tweets about the chill out was you guys are in for a tReat, with the R capitalized so yes I have a good feeling we'll see them tomorrow. Stay tuned!

I actually went to Chickie's and Pete's on opening day last season, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Way better than most of the food at CP. I'll stick to there, Famous Dave's, and Johnny Rockets. Oh, and Auntie Anne's pretzels

I definitely agree with this. While spending three days at the park over the summer, nearly every major meal I ate was at Chickie's and Pete's. The food was far better than anything else the park had to offer and had a pretty cool view of raptor to enjoy while you ate. The fries were especially top notch.