TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That remake idea is amazing, fantastic job! Personally I would love to see that exact layout and profile be undertaken, with topper track and steel wheels being used like Outlaw Run. That way it would:

-Still be officially wooden

-Can be marketed as a special type of wooden coaster

-Maintain its speed better which is important because of the length of the ride

You may have created the best ride at Cedar Point!

Only 2 trains ? I doubt cp would do cut the capacity by a third

Realistically, this would increase capacity as people would actually ride it.

That's not to say I don't like Mean Streak, I love it. But I've seen it too many times have like 2 people in each train throughout the afternoon. Whether it's two trains or three (or even one), Iron Streak would be an improvement.

That remake idea is amazing, fantastic job! Personally I would love to see that exact layout and profile be undertaken, with topper track and steel wheels being used like Outlaw Run. That way it would:

-Still be officially wooden

-Can be marketed as a special type of wooden coaster

-Maintain its speed better which is important because of the length of the ride

You may have created the best ride at Cedar Point!

Thanks! About the speed, I actually put in a custom friction value into NoLimits to make it run as a steel coaster would. I do think that a topper track conversion would be a better choice though, but RMC hasn't done such a think yet so thats why I decided to go with an IBox conversion.

^Can't hybrids run with steel wheels? I remember during an IAAPA interview Alan Schilke talked almost as if they couldn't. Any ideas why?

If I remember right, Schilke said topper track allows for urethane or steel wheels, and the i-box is only urethane (or the other way around)

^Can't hybrids run with steel wheels? I remember during an IAAPA interview Alan Schilke talked almost as if they couldn't. Any ideas why?

If I remember right, Schilke said topper track allows for urethane or steel wheels, and the i-box is only urethane (or the other way around)

You're correct, just add nylon wheels to the I-Box, which is what they've used on Medusa and will be using on TC and WC.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

Only 2 trains ? I doubt cp would do cut the capacity by a third

Realistically, this would increase capacity as people would actually ride it.

That's not to say I don't like Mean Streak, I love it. But I've seen it too many times have like 2 people in each train throughout the afternoon. Whether it's two trains or three (or even one), Iron Streak would be an improvement.

There's a difference between capacity and how many people are actually ridding the ride at a given time. And contrary to popular belief. MS still gets a line for majority of the day, after working the ride for three years I think I would know.

I'm really starting to hope they never touch this ride. RMC's are fun but not as much fun as watching enthusiasts whine constantly about a coaster that's far from great... but not nearly as bad as anyone makes it out to be. Whenever it pops up in those "worst coaster ever" threads it's hard to keep from laughing.

The voting for coastermania attractions is now open.

(from cedarpoints website)

We Need Your Vote!

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015

It's time to vote!

Not as intense as a presidential election, but just as important!

We need your feedback on CoasterMania! and what rides you'd like to see open in the morning and evening.

So if you're planning on attending, please take a few moments to tell us what you'd like to ride. This will help us plan an itinerary, which we can then release to you so you can prepare to ride and ride and ride again!

Voting closes Monday, February 9 at 9 a.m.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/We-Need-Your-Vote

I think Iron Streak would be the best solution for CP. Retracting MS every year costs a lot in the long run, park guests aren't eating it up like at other coasters, CP doesn't need to use more space for it and MS will put another great coaster to the already good coaster line up.

Mean Streak still has it's fans, the 45 minutes line I saw one afternoon was very different from "2 people in each train throughout the afternoon" And the crew was running 3 trains efficiently. But among all the major coasters, people will probably miss it the least if it is gone.