TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Kiddie Kingdom get shuffled around a bit - move the Carousel to Frontiertown and then move the kiddie rides to the east side of the Coliseum where Chaos used to be. It would open up a nice chunk of land along the main midway to be re-landscaped.

Here's what my idea for Cedar Point to do with Kiddy Kingdom, move all the kiddie rides to Camp Snoopy and move the carousel to Frontiertown. That would free up some space for Cedar Point to build a small family dark ride for Planet Snoopy themed around "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" special.

This might be a long shot, but does anyone here know where I can find one of those desktop Millennium Force displays? I saw the park made some back like 5 years ago. I wasn't aware of them because I hadn't visited the park ever until this past season. I want one lol But the park doesn't make them anymore and I can't find any on like Ebay or anywhere. Any idea where I can find one or if anyone wants to sell one that's in decent shape?

This might be a long shot, but does anyone here know where I can find one of those desktop Millennium Force displays? I saw the park made some back like 5 years ago. I wasn't aware of them because I hadn't visited the park ever until this past season. I want one lol But the park doesn't make them anymore and I can't find any on like Ebay or anywhere. Any idea where I can find one or if anyone wants to sell one that's in decent shape?

Last I checked they were available on the Cedar Point Marketplace on their website. Let me go check if they're still there.

*Edit: They don't appear to be. Good luck finding one, I want one too! Maybe there are a few left in the gift shops?

Edited by Coastin Eric

Last I checked they were available on the Cedar Point Marketplace on their website. Let me go check if they're still there.

Unfortunately I haven't seen them there, maybe I've been looking in the wrong spot lol

^Are you by chance confusing the carousel directly inside the entrance area with the carousel in the middle of Kiddie Kingdom? Why not Frontiertown, which used to have a carousel way back when (and I believe was moved to Dorney).

Actually Kiddie Kingdom's carousel would make a nice addition to Frontier Trail either in the MF area or closer to Thunder Canyon/Shoot The Rapids/Petting Farm.

^Are you by chance confusing the carousel directly inside the entrance area with the carousel in the middle of Kiddie Kingdom? Why not Frontiertown, which used to have a carousel way back when (and I believe was moved to Dorney).

Actually Kiddie Kingdom's carousel would make a nice addition to Frontier Trail either in the MF area or closer to Thunder Canyon/Shoot The Rapids/Petting Farm.

They use the roundhouse in Frontier Town for a haunted walk-through during Halloweekends (the Asylum, or the Eternity Infirmary as it's called now, I believe). It's been quite awhile since I've gone during the regular season, but I would think they leave all the props and maze in there during the year. Were they to move this carousel, do you think they'd build another roundhouse or move the one it's currently occupying?

Additionally, where will Midnight Syndicate perform next year? We saw their show this past September and really enjoyed it.

I could see an entirely new structure built to house the carousel if they were to decide moving it.

Didn't get to experience Haunt this year but have read a lot of good things about the Midnight Syndicate show. Jack Aldrich Theater may be a bit small for that type of show yet it's bigger than the other venues the park has (Red Garter Saloon, Lusty Lil's).

They use the roundhouse in Frontier Town for a haunted walk-through during Halloweekends (the Asylum, or the Eternity Infirmary as it's called now, I believe). It's been quite awhile since I've gone during the regular season, but I would think they leave all the props and maze in there during the year. Were they to move this carousel, do you think they'd build another roundhouse or move the one it's currently occupying?

Additionally, where will Midnight Syndicate perform next year? We saw their show this past September and really enjoyed it.

Cedar Point could do a "Ghost tour" in the roundhouse instead of a maze of sorts. It would be new to Cedar Fair, because I don't think they do "Ghost" Tours at cedar fair parks. I did do a "Ghost" tour when I visited London, and its actually a common attraction there. It would probably more geared towards families. Just a thought.

Cedar Point could do a "Ghost tour" in the roundhouse instead of a maze of sorts. It would be new to Cedar Fair, because I don't think they do "Ghost" Tours at cedar fair parks. I did do a "Ghost" tour when I visited London, and its actually a common attraction there. It would probably more geared towards families. Just a thought.

Interestingly enough, the carousel that used to be in Frontiertown was rumored to be haunted, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch! They have a replica of the "haunted horse" in the Town Hall Museum, but the original one is over at the Merry-go-Round Museum in downtown Sandusky.

It's fun to think about what might be replacing the Good Time Theatre, but here's some other food for thought. Alan Schilke mentioned RMC's schedule beyond 2015 in an IAAPA interview. He said RMC is working on 3 coasters for 2016, 4 for 2017 and there are openings for 2018. Wildfire has been announced for 2016 and 2017 includes S&S work. Could Mean Streak be one of these projects? I hope so. If and I mean IF Mean Streak is one of the projects I don't think it will happen until at least 2017. Hopefully the coaster gods can work some magic and make this happen.

If Mean Streak does get Iron Horsed they will be even more likely to get a GCI, which would be amazing.

huh

A few pages back there was speculation that with the theater being removed and the possible removal of employee housing on the peninsula that there would be room for a GCI woodie. This is just speculation. I believe he's saying that if Mean Streak were to get the Iron Horse treatment then a GCI could fill that gap created by the loss of a wooden coaster.

^ Cedar Point has been doing an excellent job lately with their website and social media marketing. They're going out of their way to let the fans know that they're reading and considering all of the online feedback they get either on their social media pages or on coaster fan sites like this one and whenever it's reasonable to do so they usually give the fans what the want.

Fans wanted better webcams, they got them. Then fans complained about the fact that they wanted still webcams back and they put them back. Fans started asking stupid questions about Rougarou including the whining about the heartline and Cedar Point brought this up in a blog post and promised to address it. Fans want more behind the scenes content and they're getting a ton of it. The park also gives you great incentives to interact with them online like the "tweet ups" and special offers. They also poke fun at fan feedback all the time like when Tony asked everyone to make terrible drawings of the new coaster's layout so he could share them.

Cedar Point deserves a lot of credit for the great job they do interacting with people online and providing interesting content that they know the fans want to see. Many small parks do a great job with this (like Holiday World) but larger parks rarely provide any interesting content online.

^ Cedar Point has been doing an excellent job lately with their website and social media marketing. They're going out of their way to let the fans know that they're reading and considering all of the online feedback they get either on their social media pages or on coaster fan sites like this one and whenever it's reasonable to do so they usually give the fans what the want.

Fans wanted better webcams, they got them. Then fans complained about the fact that they wanted still webcams back and they put them back. Fans started asking stupid questions about Rougarou including the whining about the heartline and Cedar Point brought this up in a blog post and promised to address it. Fans want more behind the scenes content and they're getting a ton of it. The park also gives you great incentives to interact with them online like the "tweet ups" and special offers. They also poke fun at fan feedback all the time like when Tony asked everyone to make terrible drawings of the new coaster's layout so he could share them.

Cedar Point deserves a lot of credit for the great job they do interacting with people online and providing interesting content that they know the fans want to see. Many small parks do a great job with this (like Holiday World) but larger parks rarely provide any interesting content online.

Yes! Cedar Point is phenomenal with using the internet to satisfy fans. Pointcast is one of the best things they do, in my opinion, but they also respond to a bunch of the contents on their Facebook, tweet-ups are above and beyond, webcams, and Tony's blog all work together to keep us satisfied. I don't even have a twitter but I check cedar point's twitter and Tony's twitter.

This may be a dumb question, but why do all of the coasters have their trains removed while Pipe Scream's is just shrink-wrapped and left on the track. I know it's not a real coaster, but doesn't it still need it's wheels replaced at the very least?