TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Was there Saturday and Sunday... Saturday all the big coasters closed except for Maverick which ran off-on throughout the day. Supposedly, winds of 90+mph gusts at the top of the rides. We ended up riding Mean Streak (trimless which made the first half really awesome), Blue Streak, Iron Dragon, etc... Saw a show and walked around.

Sunday was picture perfect though... Every ride was open, crowds light and just an incredible day to be there. Rode everything except Maverick and Gemini for whatever reason, with Millennium Force being my final ride of the season in the front seat using my fast-pass ticket I had all year and never used. Really good last ride!

Also did Slingshot which was my second time on such a ride... Really crazy! Amazing views of the park up top.

But honestly, you could not ask for a better day at the park!

Anybody with some experience be able to tell me how busy it might be on opening day? I made my first trip ever just a few months ago and had a BLAST! Even though I live in Texas, I'm picking up a season pass for Cedar Fair parks and traveling to King's Dominion, Cedar Point twice, Canada's Wonderland, and King's Island. But I'm most interested in opening day at Cedar Point at the moment. Thank you!

Here is a video I made over the summer. Please let me know how it is.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/qOvxheWE5fs[/youtu_be]

**Before you comment asking why I didn't film Gatekeeper, the reason there is no Gatekeeper footage is because on the day I filmed towards the front of the park Gatekeeper was down. It was one of the three days in a row that it was down.**

Here is a video I made over the summer. Please let me know how it is.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/qOvxheWE5fs[/youtu_be]

**Before you comment asking why I didn't film Gatekeeper, the reason there is no Gatekeeper footage is because on the day I filmed towards the front of the park Gatekeeper was down. It was one of the three days in a row that it was down.**

Great video, one of the best videos I have seen of Cedar Point!

The only thing that could make it better is if you included some shots besides rides, but other than that, perfect

Edited by nicman

^^^ Very nicely done! Brings back memories of summer and my 1 and only visit to the Point. It was for Coastermania and that weekend. That was the "suck weekend" with the park closed Saturday (I did get 4 rides in) and Sunday for the water main break!