TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The real question: Where would they PUT a 500 foot roller coaster??

And Mean Streak is much better than it used to be. It's vaguely enjoyable now. If you don't sit over the wheels. And sit near the front of the train. And if you hold your breasts, my female friends have told me.

Where? Anywhere they want! You have to understand that if a park really wants something big like this, even if it seems like to you there is no room for it, if they really want it they WILL find a way to make it work and fit, whatever that entails.

^ I would imagine that it would be very crowded, since it's Halloween. Saturday will be extremely crowded as well. Personally, I wouldn't go without a FastLane+, but that's just me. If it does get too cold, yes, they will start to shut down rides. 42-45 degrees is the temperature range where rides will start to close. You may want to contact the park and ask them about their temperature policy if there's a cold forecast.

Every indication is that is upcoming weekend is going to be fairly slow, and this comes from park sources. Families will avoid Halloween so they can take their kids out, and cold temperatures that are exacerbated by close proximity to the lake will most likely cut crowds down. I actually find it pretty stunning that Cedar Point is even open this upcoming weekend as the weather around Lake Erie perennially sucks at this time.

This Sunday (weather permitting) could be a golden opportunity for marathons as 'HalloWeekends" is over Saturday November 1st. Most of the current advertising says HalloWeekends is over this day, and really only the park calendar says the park is open but with no special events.

Sunday is "Guest Appreciation Day" so they're offering discounted admission, merchandise deals, game deals and a lot of dollar food. Link.

I don't think this will bring all that many people in but they're making a desperate attempt to get people to show up. The fact that Saturday's forecast has been calling for rain or even snow and winds over 20 MPH that will likely close Dragster, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Windseeker and Sky Ride (not that anyone goes to the park for the last 2) may make some more people go on Sunday too but I still agree that it's going to be dead.

By the way it seems like the park is having a lot of issues with wind closing rides this month. Is this typical of October on Lake Erie (it wouldn't surprise me) or is it just a coincidence? I know October on Lake Erie is generally very cold but I didn't know if wind was more prevalent than normal also.

Edited by coasterbill

At this time i will be at the park some Saturday night and most of the day Sunday. Saturday i will go see some of the shows leave watch some football then go back and do some of the outside haunts Just hopping that most of the rides are open Sunday the weather looks OK not much wind now for Sunday.

The fact that Saturday's forecast has been calling for rain or even snow and winds over 20 MPH that will likely close Dragster, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Windseeker and Sky Ride (not that anyone goes to the park for the last 3)

Hey now. GateKeeper still gives more rides than any other ride in the entire park. Enthusiasts might not like it, but the GP goes nuts over it. Not as much as Millennium Force, but it's definitely a ride that people get pretty disappointed if it's closed.

By the way it seems like the park is having a lot of issues with wind closing rides this month. Is this typical of October on Lake Erie (it wouldn't surprise me) or is it just a coincidence? I know October on Lake Erie is generally very cold but I didn't know if wind was more prevalent than normal also.

Wind is usually an issue this time of year. This is my 3rd year living here and I can say that going into fall/winter has always been cold, rainy, and windy. More-so wind this year rather than rain, but high winds are nothing out of the ordinary in October, nonetheless.

Hey now. GateKeeper still gives more rides than any other ride in the entire park. Enthusiasts might not like it, but the GP goes nuts over it. Not as much as Millennium Force, but it's definitely a ride that people get pretty disappointed if it's closed.

Woops... that was really an honest mistake. I meant to say the last 2. I'm actually a huge fan of Gatekeeper. I'm a huge fan of Sky Ride and Windseeker too but if they're closed it wouldn't stop me from visiting though I might regret it later as the Sky Ride is a godsend in that huge park... especially when visiting for multiple days. I'm very active but after our annual 3 day visit over Labor Day weekend my legs still need a few days to recover and that's WITH riding the Sky Ride on average probably about 5 or 6 times a day, lol.

Being that the weather for Saturday is supposed to be a high of 39 degrees and a 50% chance of snow, I would assume that the park will be near deserted on Saturday.

We plan on going for the final operating day of the year on sunday. They are calling for slightly better weather. Not sure what the temperature requirements are for the coasters to run, but I hope it's warm enough for millennium force.

Plan B would be to hit up all the haunted houses and shows.

Camper Village was removed this last off season for more cabins for Lighthouse Point.

Only some of Camper Village was removed for that. There's still a bit of it left. Not much for anything huge, though.

Yeah, there still some sites left (and more than one would think). It's just all a part of Lighthouse Point now, hence the reason Camper Village no longer is listed as a resort option. All in all, I like the expansion of Lighthouse Point.

I love the clothes hanger still on the rack in the closet!

Hahaha, that's great. I had to go back and look after you posted this.

Wind is usually an issue this time of year. This is my 3rd year living here and I can say that going into fall/winter has always been cold, rainy, and windy. More-so wind this year rather than rain, but high winds are nothing out of the ordinary in October, nonetheless.

I went the last day of the season in 2012. Temps were in the upper 30s to lower 40s. The wind was really whipping when we got there and there was rain near the peninsula. As we were riding Millennium Force, it actually started to rain and then sleet (talk about painful). WindSeeker, Power Tower, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster & Raptor were not running (there were probably more but that's about all I can think of right now). Thankfully, the haunted houses were open on the last day of the season that year, so we were able to hit up Boeckling's Eerie Estate & Eden Musee.

We just went for Mantis' closing day recently and I had been watching the weather forecast like a hawk. It was all over the place. I wanted to go down to get my last rides in on Mantis, but I had also yet to ride GateKeeper yet, so I really wanted to make sure I got that in. The winds were forecast to be somewhat up there, but as the day came closer they went down. When we arrived, it was actually a pleasant day. GateKeeper wasn't open when we arrived, but I knew it'd only be a matter of time before it did because WindSeeker was operating. Wind and low temps can make or break a day there. But, forecasting is forecasting, it could not be that windy. It's a gamble either way.

Camper Village was removed this last off season for more cabins for Lighthouse Point.

Only some of Camper Village was removed for that. There's still a bit of it left. Not much for anything huge, though.

The only thing left are the cement slab sites that were put in the first phase of Lighthouse Point. Other then that all actual camp sites are gone. And the whole area is now considered Lighthouse Point. Sorry for any confusion on this minute detail.

Apparently it's supposed to feel like 30 with the wind. F*** that. I'm going Sunday. I'll probably end up going by myself but I should still had fun. I went to Universal Orlando by meself( well.. kind of, my friend got sick in the first hour )

Should I get a fast pass?