TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Smallish trip report.

Headed up to CP from Indy on Friday. I hadn't been in a couple of months, since I stopped smoking actually, for one last trip. It worked out that I was going for the final days of Mantis.

Mandatory selfie

Last Stand for me

Weeeeee

More...Weeeee

Mantis Fast Lane Plus pass won from the tweetup on Saturday

Pointcast interviews being done

Mantis tattoo anyone?

Last train thru the loop.

Was a great weekend for sure. Sunday turned out to be the best day but the coldest. Thanks to Tony and all of the CP staff for an amazing weekend.

Mantis was my first, last, and only standup.

Same here! Unless I go to Carowinds & Kings Dominion. (Hopefully)

I rode shockwave at KD for the credit and accidentally punched myself in the face at one point. Add that to "The Nutcrackers" (the bicycle seats), and it was not worth it.

The more quickly stand up roller coasters die/leave/get converted... the better.

New blog entry on CP's Website

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/The-Rougarou-Files?mobile=0

The best sentence in that blog "Oh, and you'll get an answer to that heartline question." I still wonder how the figured out to get it to work. I'm just assuming that because floorless trains sit higher it's the equivalent of standing up since stand up riders vary in heights anyways.

Mantis wasn't that bad of a stand-up, especialy if you compare it to Carowind's and CGA's Vortex. The only bad part was the twisty section after the mid-course and flatspin/corkscrew.

If B&M were to contimue making stand-ups like Georgia Scorcher, which is the best of the genre, then stand-ups don't necessarily need to disappear.

New blog entry on CP's Website

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/The-Rougarou-Files?mobile=0

The best sentence in that blog "Oh, and you'll get an answer to that heartline question." I still wonder how the figured out to get it to work. I'm just assuming that because floorless trains sit higher it's the equivalent of standing up since stand up riders vary in heights anyways.

However you look at it, both hearltlines are at least approximate to each other or this probably wouldn't be happening.

If B&M were to contimue making stand-ups like Georgia Scorcher, which is the best of the genre, then stand-ups don't necessarily need to disappear.

True. Personally, I would like to see that.

I have never been on Scorcher, but it seems like Scorcher's twisty ending is pretty similar to Mantis's (which is nearly identical to Iron Wolf's). What is it that makes everyone say Mantis's ending is terrible but Scorcher's is good?

So I'd assume that station work will star shortly and be complete before winter. New trains will wait until spring? What else is there? Brake upgrade?

The new trains will probably come in spring so that their trains are not sitting in the station collecting dust. All they really need to do besides that is finish painting near the station, fix the station up then it would be ready. If it was a brake upgrade which I don't think would happen it would be magnetic brakes if they do not already have them.

Let's just put it this way, most stand up coasters suck.

Yeah, I do not know why parks instal them all of them are horrible except Green Lantern. Even B & M can't always make good standup coasters. They hurt a lot especially if you are a boy.

When did they stop making standup coasters?

B&M made the last stand-up in 1999 with Georgia Scorcher at Six Flags Over Georgia. B&M still has stand-ups listed on their website.

Do you think B & M will ever make another one?