TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why does the park "desperately" need a dark ride? I don't get this thought.

Not sure why a dark ride has been made such a big deal here. I for one, could care less if the park has a dark ride.

A dark ride is needed for many reasons. It helps round out the park's offerings by providing more variety. Dark rides can generally be enjoyed by the whole family so families generally love them. They give patrons an opportunity to escape the sun or rain.

This is huge. Cedar Point is no stranger to rainy days and yet there's next to nothing to do when it's raining (especially considering CP's insane inclement weather policies). Having at least one major ride under cover would be huge to rounding out a day at Cedar Point.

In line for another ride on Mantis right now, you know a ride isn't that good when only a handful of switchbacks is being used on the last day. I'm looking forward to the conversion.

Oh and the painting is complete.

image.thumb.jpg.a38febca073f12141f6991ef830aae22.jpg

I highly doubt Rougarou will be open by the end of the season because there has been no mention of the new trains arriving at the park. Plus, I imagine installing the retractable station floor will take a while to get done, and then they have to test the ride for a few weeks before it opens.

Going back to the dark ride idea, instead of being themed to the old Pirates ride, what do you think about be themed to the even older Earthquake ride? Or just get two so there is no argument!

Did anyone see this posted on Cedar Point's Facebook Page?

If Mantis had an obituary...(courtesy of team member Kelly):

MANTIS

May 11, 1996 - October 19, 2014

Mantis, 18, of Sandusky, Ohio will be put to rest on Sunday, October 19, 2014.

Mantis was born on May 11, 1996 in Sandusky Ohio. It loved summer times, standing, and making guests of all ages smile. It is survived by Top Thrill Dragster of 11 years and several other brothers and sisters that are a very important part of the Cedar Point coaster family.

Visiting hours are Sunday, October 19th from 11 am until 8 pm. Mantis was a great neighbor to Iron Dragon, who, in a statement, had said, "Mantis will be missed."

It is preceded in death by WildCat and Disaster Transport in 2012. At this time, the coaster family is asking for no donations and would appreciate private time over the winter to regroup.

I wonder for going to see you complete re-design of the station since they have to take the roof off to put the new track in anyway...

If I'm not mistaken they repainted the station. I am assuming everything will be happening under the current station. Why go from above when there is so much room under the stations currently to just hoist up and install from there.

The track won't change, only maybe brakes, sensors, different mechanisms for locking and unlocking the harnesses, etc.

I wonder for going to see you complete re-design of the station since they have to take the roof off to put the new track in anyway...

If I'm not mistaken they repainted the station. I am assuming everything will be happening under the current station. Why go from above when there is so much room under the stations currently to just hoist up and install from there.

The track won't change, only maybe brakes, sensors, different mechanisms for locking and unlocking the harnesses, etc.

If we see any changes to the station, I hope for a bigger/longer station. However I am in agreement that we won't see anything change in size, other then the new roof and paint.