TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I like the new colors because they're something new and different. But I will have to say I liked the old ones better. Bizarre as the colors may have been, the red, yellow, and purple really POPPED, and I thought that was a great look. The orange looks okay too but it looks a bit...drab. It doesn't draw attention like the old colors did.

I agree. I liked the older colours more personally, and the new ones are okay but meh. I might be biased because I don't like orange to begin with...

^I agree. I don't mind the new colors, but I wish it was still two different track colors so that the twistyness would be more apparent..

Me too, especially as that's a common thing with CF's B&Ms.

Excuse me? Flight Deck, Afterburn, Intimidator, Diamondback, Banshee, Vortex (Carowinds), Behemoth, and Dominator would like to have a word with you!

Ok, maybe I should have said CP (as, until now all their B&Ms had this double track color scheme). I know they might not be the majority across all CF parks, but I would say that most B&Ms with these types of schemes belong to CF (or many of them).

^I agree. I don't mind the new colors, but I wish it was still two different track colors so that the twistyness would be more apparent..

Me too, especially as that's a common thing with CF's B&Ms.

Excuse me? Flight Deck, Afterburn, Intimidator, Diamondback, Banshee, Vortex (Carowinds), Behemoth, and Dominator would like to have a word with you!

Ok, maybe I should have said CP (as, until now all their B&Ms had this double track color scheme). I know they might not be the majority across all CF parks, but I would say that most B&Ms with these types of schemes belong to CF (or many of them).

What..? Raptor is all green and Gatekeeper is all blue......

^I've always thought of Mantis' colors as a rejected X-Men ride.

That being said, I'm still surprised that Disney bought the rights to Marvel. It really should have been Cedar Fair. It would have seriously evened out the score when it comes to Six Flags vs Cedar Fair. Six Flags has DC, Cedar Fair has Marvel.

Disney didn't buy just the rights, they outright bought Marvel as a whole. There's a difference on what you're thinking, which is licencing. Six Flags has the licence rights to use DC characters for their attractions. Disney owns Marvel, so they just didn't get the rights to use them, they own everything. Virtually impossible for any company outside of Disney in terms of amusement parks in the US to use the rights to Marvel, although Universal is the only except due to the previous existing contract before Disney bough Marvel.

Personally, Peanuts are the only licensed character for Cedar Fair and I think it should stay that way. Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the gang are such timeless characters that anyone living right now knows who they are, everyone from grandparents all the way down to toddlers. Not to mention, there's hopefully going to be more of a resurgence with the new Peanuts movie coming out next year. Just too bad it falls right at the end of the 2015 season so I don't see Cedar Fair doing anything to help promote the movie in the parks.

^

Eh, it's only one trim brake, it can't neuter the ride that much, can it? Plus, this could possibly provide some hangtime in loop. I'm sure Rougarou will still be a great ride.

I'm not a fan of trims, but I love how every other enthusiast interprets them as the end of the world.

I assumed that the trim was staying...last weekend when I visited I noticed the trim wasn't painted, but I DID notice that the stair well leading up to, and surrounding the trim, were painted the new color. But now it's been confirmed that it's actually painted. Maybe they won't actually use it...fingers crossed...

There's no reason to think the trim would be removed. Even if they're not going to use it, why would they remove it when they could much more easily just turn it off? Plus once they remove it then it's a big undertaking to put it back if they decide it would improve the ride experience.

I'm guessing that they'll either just leave the trim or test it with the trims on and off to see what provides a better experience.

There's no reason to think the trim would be removed. Even if they're not going to use it, why would they remove it when they could much more easily just turn it off? Plus once they remove it then it's a big undertaking to put it back if they decide it would improve the ride experience.

I'm guessing that they'll either just leave the trim or test it with the trims on and off to see what provides a better experience.

This sounds like a plausible route to take.

^Wow, Mantis/Rougarou looks better, now if only they can repaint Iron Dragon with colors to match Rougarou or at least give a fresh coat of gold and red paint.

Or just get rid of it...

No, Iron Dragon is part of an "engendered species" of roller coasters. There's only four Arrow Suspended coaster left in the world, I'll be damned if Cedar Point ever gets rid of Iron Dragon!

^Wow, Mantis/Rougarou looks better, now if only they can repaint Iron Dragon with colors to match Rougarou or at least give a fresh coat of gold and red paint.

Or just get rid of it...

As long as they replace it with an amazing GCI (Gold Striker style), GG woodie (Ravine Flyer/Voyage mix) or Intamin woodie