TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

While the last 2 posts made me laugh at least in those scenarios you heard something ridiculous from a source and wanted to know if it was true. What would be more appropriate is...

"Was Magnum originally supposed to be getting an RMC makeover featuring 6 inversions, including a zero-G stall"

or

"was Kingda Ka supposed to be a Dinn Corp launched woodie"

And next time please draw some layouts in paint or nobody can be expected to take you seriously. Come on people

I heard that Top Thrill Dragster was supposed to be imploded, to make way for a knock-off SLC. Can anyone comfirm this?

No, I've actually heard that Millennium Force was supposed to be removed for the world's tallest knock-off Boomerang.

How about that?

So, I know that MF was supposed to be built by B&M but they didn't want to go that high. But was Millie ever supposed to receive an inversion?

Since no one can genuinely, and respectfully, give you a response I will. I did a little research and found that in the original plans, the two year planning, there were rumors for a ten inversion coaster, a Morgan hyper, B&M and others. However, Intamin was the only one willing to go above 300 ft. As far as Millie ever having an inversion, I don't think there was ever plans for it to have an inversion. At least none of which I could find.

^More paint is applied each week. Looking really good so far. It's pretty neat how the teal color of the supports appears to change color based on your proximity to the ride.

I must say, the coverage of this roller coaster repaint has to be the most in-depth I have ever seen. If I didn't know any better, I would think this is the first time a park ever decided to repaint a coaster based on all of the ridiculous amounts of painting analysis and speculation.

So, I know that MF was supposed to be built by B&M but they didn't want to go that high. But was Millie ever supposed to receive an inversion?

Since no one can genuinely, and respectfully, give you a response I will. I did a little research and found that in the original plans, the two year planning, there were rumors for a ten inversion coaster, a Morgan hyper, B&M and others. However, Intamin was the only one willing to go above 300 ft. As far as Millie ever having an inversion, I don't think there was ever plans for it to have an inversion. At least none of which I could find.

Thanks, for answering my question. Now, this thread has turned into a laugh fest. I asked a question. Back on topic.

Yes back on topic.

I heard in 1969 Cedar Creek Mine ride was originally supposed to feature 3 inversions including a vertical loop, Immelmann, and a zero-G stall. However Arrow chose to pass on that idea. Please confirm if you know anything regarding this.

Yes back on topic.

I heard in 1969 Cedar Creek Mine ride was originally supposed to feature 3 inversions including a vertical loop, Immelmann, and a zero-G stall. However Arrow chose to pass on that idea. Please confirm if you know anything regarding this.

Can confirm, am the vertical loop that didn't get installed. I was installed in Full Throttle instead.

I've heard that in 1987 Iron Dragon was to be the world's first suspended looping coaster with an loop and a double corkscrew, But Arrow wasn't really ready to put inversions on suspended coaster yet. Please confirm if you know anything regarding this.

Here's a picture update of Rougarou from last Friday the 3rd!

Pretty...

20141003_165908.thumb.jpg.77b55dab312ebbf009ce109d3065c921.jpg

A cool perspective

20141003_174034.thumb.jpg.c9f2dd7afd492d5d389c7eb15c957e2e.jpg

Old vs New

20141003_173712.thumb.jpg.1b3bdaf0084fa5b6e8d009a79098a961.jpg

Hmmmm...the trim break isn't painted...What could that mean??

20141003_173909.thumb.jpg.10d0095044cee5f055a1a6381d702795.jpg

Love that big orange loop.

20141003_173933.thumb.jpg.04f2902db9a7e2d05924d0b85d17d470.jpg

The new colors are really cool.

20141003_174022.thumb.jpg.e8098bb75699511659da245ef18f418c.jpg

A mix of yellow, purple, teal, and orange.

20141003_173744.thumb.jpg.52f0b675c1e5ab26c889fd9883d7b9a5.jpg