TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So, I know that MF was supposed to be built by B&M but they didn't want to go that high. But was Millie ever supposed to receive an inversion?

Maybe B&M had plans for Millennium Force to be the world's tallest looping coaster, but B&M backed out of the project and Intamin took over and did away with the inversions for MF.

So, I know that MF was supposed to be built by B&M but they didn't want to go that high. But was Millie ever supposed to receive an inversion?

Ah, sarcasm is funny.

I thought that the story was that the cost was higher for the track per feet and that Intamin had a cheaper price. Of course I could be wrong and I might just be spewing crap out of my mouth.

I'm glad someone understands because I don't. It's a question but it's a ridiculous question because it's based off of something you just made up for absolutely no reason. There is no reason to ever think that this was ever on the table or was even brought up by anyone before you just brought it up yesterday.

It would be like me asking if Rougarou was ever supposed to go under lake Erie and have a turnaround section at Canada's Wonderland before returning to Cedar Point and then attaching an MS paint mockup of this idea. Nobody has ever suggested this but since I just made it up I want to know if it was ever considered. If I were to justify this dumb question by suggesting that Canada's Wonderland removed their standup coaster to make room for the turnaround then it might actually be a better question than your question about Millennium Force having a loop because at least with my question something happened to make me think it might be possible if I were completely insane.

I'm glad someone understands because I don't. It's a question but it's a ridiculous question because it's based off of something you just made up for absolutely no reason. There is no reason to ever think that this was ever on the table or was even brought up by anyone before you just brought it up yesterday.

It would be like me asking if Rougarou was ever supposed to go under lake Erie and have a turnaround section at Canada's Wonderland before returning to Cedar Point and then attaching an MS paint mockup of this idea. Nobody has ever suggested this but since I just made it up I want to know if it was ever considered. If I were to justify this dumb question by suggesting that Canada's Wonderland removed their standup coaster to make room for the turnaround then it might actually be a better question than your question about Millennium Force having a loop because at least with my question something happened to make me think it might be possible if I were completely insane.

No? I asked a question, is there any reason a coaster couldn't go upside down? Atleast I'm not asking if Gatekeeper was really supposed to go backwards. You guys are going insane over a question. I didn't make it up, I found the picture on KICentral. I didn't mean to start anything by it. Just a simple question.

You guys are going insane over a question. I didn't make it up, I found the picture on KICentral.

Yea, not helping your case.....

Not trying to flame you but, Your question was waaaaaaay out of left field and had no reasoning behind it. That's like asking, I wonder if my Altima was originally supposed to have the GT-R engine in it?

Edited by DJeXeL

I don't want to derail this topic any further so I'll just let it go. But that's not the question you asked, we can go back 2 pages and see that. lol

Back on topic... Cedar Point announced on Twitter that Mantis will be open the next 2 Friday nights which is obviously unusual for this time of year. Great move by them.

I heard Kingda Ka was supposed to be a Dinn Corp launched woodie, can anyone confirm this?