TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

To weigh in on the trim/no trim Mantis/Chang thing, keep in mind that Mantis's drop is ten degrees steeper and has a slight left-to-right bank. Chang's drop is straight. And I believe the space between elements was elongated for Chang. Essentially, Chang is like a slightly more drawn-out mirror of Mantis, for the first half, which seemed less intense to me when I rode both.

Having ridden both mantis and Chang (in both locations), Chang elements are not anymore drawn out than mantis's. However they may be reshaped a tweaked but I. My experience Chang is just as intense if not more intense than mantis. Where Chang kicks the crap out of mantis is a second half where it doesn't beat the crap out of you.

I remember green lantern kind of beating the crop out of me the whole entire ride like every time it hit a seam in the track, whereas I remember the first half of mantis being glass smooth, and then a couple of the transitions being harsh because you are in a standing position.

I guess I prefer Mantis to Green Lantern but I really hate both of them.

That's kind of funny to have a preference to two hates...oh who am I kidding, it's like choosing between republicans and democrats lol I'm looking forward to this transformation.

The lesser of two evils, perhaps?

It's almost like they're trying to get the ride converted to floorless before the season ends.

That would be near impossible. They still have to replace brakes, replace a lot of station, and I'm sure a lot more.

He wasn't being serious... they're obviously not really trying to do that.

It's almost like they're trying to get the ride converted to floorless before the season ends.

That would be near impossible. They still have to replace brakes, replace a lot of station, and I'm sure a lot more.

He wasn't being serious... they're obviously not really trying to do that.

I know that, I'm just saying that would be near impossible. I do agree with him though, they are doing a bunch of work now, that could wait until October 19th.

Did anyone notice in the Blade article about painting that it said if there was a small gust of wind, any paint being sprayed onto the coaster could end up on Gatekeeper? That's gotta be a pretty strong wind to blow paint from Mantis all the way to Gatekeeper!

They also mentioned the same firm painted Gatekeeper in 2012. Uh...at the factory maybe? So confused!

I thought they were teal or blue.

Also, I mistook the unpainted track in the middle as a crappy MS Paint trace. Now I see why they're repainting it.

Yeah they are a dark teal, but to me they are more green than blue. I think they should have just repainted the current ones since they look to be in pretty bad condition.