TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I wonder how the trains will be designed to run on Mantis' structure.

I bet you anything floorless trains are way lighter than stand up trains. Plus, the gauge of the track is for 4 across trains...I don't see how this shouldn't be super easy. The only big change is going to be the station.

As far as capacity, that sounds just like any B&M coaster anywhere. 3 trains should actually be feasible now that it will take about half the time to load. The control panel is going to be a lot simpler as well now that 16 buttons aren't necessary to release seats and harnesses. Less work for the ride ops means better capacity.

As far as capacity, that sounds just like any B&M coaster anywhere. 3 trains should actually be feasible now that it will take about half the time to load.

Will it really take less time to load? Remember that on floorless coasters not only do you have to wait for the train to be perfectly aligned (which means that for a few seconds it's moving very slowly before stopping unlike mantis now which stops faster) but you also have the floor which has to lower and come up.

Just a thought, as I actually don't remember how long it took to load the train when I rode it.

As far as capacity, that sounds just like any B&M coaster anywhere. 3 trains should actually be feasible now that it will take about half the time to load.

Will it really take less time to load? Remember that on floorless coasters not only do you have to wait for the train to be perfectly aligned (which means that for a few seconds it's moving very slowly before stopping unlike mantis now which stops faster) but you also have the floor which has to lower and come up.

Just a thought, as I actually don't remember how long it took to load the train when I rode it.

Absolutely. Floorless coasters are unload, load, check restraints, and dispatch. Standup coasters are more like unload, load, check if guests are standing up, then check restraints, readjust seats for guests that failed to stand up, and then dispatch. The moving floors do add a few seconds to the load cycles but not as much as you think. The newer floorless coasters feature very fast moving floors that I believe take about 3 or 4 seconds to drop or raise as compared to Bizarro's which take 6 or 7. And being at Cedar Point, I'd expect some quick interval times for Rougarou similar to Raptor's or Gatekeeper's.

^Sorry, I'm just a bit of a stickler on grammar. Probably a hypocrite too, since my grammar is not so great.

That is why it's important for folks to fill out their profile properly and list their location. This way people can tell if it is someone from a foreign country that might struggle with English grammar/spelling or someone that is just lazily punching it into their smart phone and hitting send.

What's with the complaining about the name?????????

Even if there was a shitty SLC named Old Fashioned Nacho with Guac Favorite IPA Amazeballs #1 Bourbon coaster I still wouldn't want to ride it.

That made-up name is still better than The Tickler.

Personally, I think the name Rougarou is cool. Gives it a hint of "exotic" amongst the English-named rides.

The only problem that I have with Rougarou is recognition. It's not like Sasquatch, a name that almost everyone knows is synonymous with Bigfoot. It's a pretty obscure Cajun bayou legend. It would make more sense in a park in that region of the country. But it's similar to the way the Schwarzkopf Monster at Six Flags Over Mid-America was named MoMo. We thought it was just a monster or maybe some lake giant octopus myth. MoMo is actually a Southwest Missouri bigfoot type creature. So I don't think many people will care too much about the name, and the swamp re-themeing and explanation of the name will add another culture's werewolf legend to most people's imagination, just as most of us on here didn't know about it until recently.

Phase 1: Attraction is teased

Phase 2: Expectations are set too high

Phase 3: Attraction is announced

Phase 4: Complaining

Phase 5: Complaining about complaining

Phase 6: Arguing about complaining

Phase 7: Complaining about arguing about complaining

Phase 8: Attraction is finished

Phase 9: Trip reports and photos

Phase 10: Speculation for next attraction

^Sorry, I'm just a bit of a stickler on grammar. Probably a hypocrite too, since my grammar is not so great.

That is why it's important for folks to fill out their profile properly and list their location. This way people can tell if it is someone from a foreign country that might struggle with English grammar/spelling or someone that is just lazily punching it into their smart phone and hitting send.

OMG who the **** cares??

Dark ride? I wish they would open it September 19th in 2015. They could resurrect Pirate Ride. It will be a WMG type of ride. You shoot down the pirate ship, and then you get shot down, and go through 2 barrel rolls. That would be the world's best dark ride!

Wait.... what?

Phase 1: Attraction is teased

Phase 2: Expectations are set too high

Phase 3: Attraction is announced

Phase 4: Complaining

Phase 5: Complaining about complaining

Phase 6: Arguing about complaining

Phase 7: Complaining about arguing about complaining

Phase 8: Attraction is finished

Phase 9: Trip reports and photos

Phase 10: Speculation for next attraction

So true. I really don't see the need to complain over Rougarou because it looks like it will be a great ride!

I thought people didn't like WMG.

If Cedar Fair decided to do another WMG-type dark ride........

1. No shooting

2. Lighter Screens

3. Garner Holt Animatronics.

I wonder if Canada's Wonderland was going to add some fiberglass caverns but didn't get to because of the cold winter. That would have made the ride about 5% better.

OMG who the **** cares??

Obviously I do or else I wouldn't have responded?

There are rules about intelligent posting (proper grammar and spelling) and the post that tarheel referenced was very close to violating those rules. I had to read the post a couple of times to try and understand the question that this person was asking.

But there is always the chance that this person is from another country and may only know limited English so you have to give his first post the benefit of the doubt. That was my reasoning behind having the country of origin specified in one's profile.

OMG who the **** cares??

Obviously I do or else I wouldn't have responded?

There are rules about intelligent posting (proper grammar and spelling) and the post that tarheel referenced was very close to violating those rules. I had to read the post a couple of times to try and understand the question that this person was asking.

But there is always the chance that this person is from another country and may only know limited English so you have to give his first post the benefit of the doubt. That was my reasoning behind having the country of origin specified in one's profile.

The backseat moderating stops now, please. The IP of the original post that triggered this gripefest resolves to France, if anyone's interested.

Let's leave moderating to the moderators. Thank you.

I now return you to the CP Discussion Thread, which is already in progress.

Hopefully Rougarou will bring the crowds Cedar Point hopes to have. 2014 was far from their best year...and nothing about Rougarou is truly "groundbreaking".

An old-school B&M floorless coaster will open next year. This is beyond groundbreaking, it's a miracle.

Hopefully Rougarou will bring the crowds Cedar Point hopes to have. 2014 was far from their best year...and nothing about Rougarou is truly "groundbreaking".

Someone is taking a crappy stand-up and putting floorless trains on it which has been an enthusiast pipe dream for years but has never been done. I'd say that's groundbreaking. They're taking arguably and in my mind the worst coaster in the park and making it good. Will Rougarou be as good as Millennium Force, Raptor, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster or Gatekeeper? Probably not... but it's going to be another high quality coaster that I'll probably ride a ton every time I visit the park, and it's amazing that they're getting a fun ride out of an awful ride for a minimal investment. When we went for 3 days this year we rode every adult coaster multiple times except Mantis which we avoided like the plague and didn't even ride once.

There's nothing not to love about this.