TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

While I'm going to miss Mantis (it's one of my favorite coasters in the park) we all knew this was coming. I love the new name and logo, but I was kind of expecting a new style of floorless trains, similar to Banshee's.
I believe it's because the track is the "older" style track. Didn't they have to widen Banshee's track to accommodate the new style trains?

While I'm going to miss Mantis (it's one of my favorite coasters in the park) we all knew this was coming. I love the new name and logo, but I was kind of expecting a new style of floorless trains, similar to Banshee's.
I believe it's because the track is the "older" style track. Didn't they have to widen Banshee's track to accommodate the new style trains?

Wow I didn't even think of that. Thanks for clarifying

For the love of god, please don't count this as a new credit.

Anyways, it's a nice transformation of Mantis. I thought it was a good coaster with the stand-up trains, but hopefully the floorless trains will improve the ride. I'm glad that the layout wasn't changed since Mantis already has a great layout.

I like the new color scheme for the ride. Glad that CP is into recycling as Mantis was not all that great as a stand-up but it is a solid layout for a floorless.

I think we'll still have some headbanging in the twisted second half, which is what made Mantis bad IMO, just because of how quick some of those transitions can be.

Definitely more excited about the Breakers remodeling and of course...the new bar. I would have much rather seen RMC on Mean Streak before this, but perhaps Cedar Fair was too late to get in line?

While I agree that the ride will certainly be better than a stand up, I am not sure if the second half transitions will all that much easier on the head and neck than when it was a stand up.

Maybe a smidge.

Oh my lord! I am SO excited! I've been telling my friends this was an inevitability for the past 6+ years, and now, its finally true! I've always thought Mantis had a GREAT layout, but sucked ass due to standing up. Hopefully this will allow Mantis, or Rougarou, to really live up to what it could/should of been back in 1996.

Seriously CANNOT wait to try this baby out, as the old B&M standups have some great layouts, nice forces, and snappy transitions. SO FURKIN EXCIRTED!

Maybe I am just over-analyzing this, but Rougarou finishes the layout (drop to brake run) a few seconds faster than Mantis does now. Rougarou exits the corkscrew by the time Mantis makes it to the MCBR. Maybe this means that they aren't trimming it, or I am trusting the concept animation to much. What do you think?

Let's hope Cedar Point can run 3 trains on Rougarou, as Mantis was intended. Has anybody noticed the lack of trimming on the MCBR? And it looks like they will install some magnetic brakes on the final brake run.

By the way, I wonder how much a new set of rolling stock might cost...

IIRC, a new seat for RoS is about $100,000 (mechanisms and all.) Though that's obviously an Intamin sit down and not a B&M floorless, they are held to a similar level of quality, so I would assume it would be in a similar ballpark. So I'm going to guess $3.2 million per train.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be answering those questions with video interviews. Plus, we’ll be talking more about what else we’re adding to Rougarou (I’m looking at you, lighting and fog).

For those new to the ride animation party, please keep this in mind – digital renderings are just that. Renderings. While the ride itself is accurately represented, the area around the ride & the station may change their shapes. We hope to show you these bits and pieces along the way.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/RougaBlog

Sounds like we haven't seen everything...

I like what I'm seeing. While focusing on the Breakers overhaul, a refreshed ride experience should help keep the thrill-seekers happy. The color scheme of Rougarou is also a unique fresh look. Orange is not a bad color when used properly, and the screaming 1990s flat primary colors will now be a distant memory. Hopefully, fingers crossed, three train operation can successfully set up for Rougarou. With the faster loading of floorless coasters compared to stand-ups, this should be more than doable as Mantis could theoretically run three back in the day.

I would rather have Cedar Point focus on repainting Raptor and Top Thrill Dragster before touching Iron Dragon. Iron Dragon looks acceptable as it is as none of it is faded to the point an untrained eye would find it unappealing. Besides, most of the ride is back in the woods and not in plain view of most passerbys.