TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Woohoo!! No more crotch pain and leg pain!!!

Cedar Point fanboys everywhere are crying tears of joy right now. I've always thought Mantis's layout had a lot of potential that was ruined by the stand-up trains, and now (hopefully) it will run much much better!

I wonder if the trim brake on the first drop will be removed with this transformation?

Wondering why the newer vest restraints arent being used (ala Banshee and Gatekeeper)

I would guess it's due to clearances - aren't Banshee's trains wider than the old-style inverted trains?

Let's hope Cedar Point can run 3 trains on Rougarou, as Mantis was intended. Has anybody noticed the lack of trimming on the MCBR? And it looks like they will install some magnetic brakes on the final brake run.

By the way, I wonder how much a new set of rolling stock might cost...

Let's hope Cedar Point can run 3 trains on Rougarou, as Mantis was intended. Has anybody noticed the lack of trimming on the MCBR? And it looks like they will install some magnetic brakes on the final brake run.

By the way, I wonder how much a new set of rolling stock might cost...

It does do look in the picture that they will have 3 transfer tracks, so 3 trains? I really like Rougarou a lot. Way better than ugly Mantis.

OMG Some of you people in the thread, I will never get. I don't understand how people are seriously complaining about color scheme and signs. Come on people, stop the useless complaining.

Anyway... I'm excited for this announcement. To me, this is the year Cedar Point said, "Listen everyone, we get it. So you don't like Mantis all that much? We'll fix it. You say our Hotel is aging? We'll fix it!" I really have to hand it to Cedar Point this year. They're really taking great steps to improve their park. It's about quality, not quantity.

Maybe they'll listen about Mean Streak next year!

Anyway this is excactly what I wanted and I guess I'll have to get one last ride on Mantis.

Although I never had a problem with mantis and actually found it smooth except for one element. But it looks pretty cool. Wonder who will get the old trains SF or who ever buys the Togo Stand Up. Also does this count as another credit?

Looks like a great addition, the floorless trains should make the ride interesting and breathe some new life back into the attraction.

Now the only question is which park out there has the guts to retrofit a floorless coaster into a standup? Come on Dorney, no one likes Hydra anyways, the people want a stand up Jo-Jo roll. Give the people what they want!

OMG Some of you people in the thread, I will never get. I don't understand how people are seriously complaining about color scheme and signs. Come on people, stop the useless complaining.

Anyway... I'm excited for this announcement. To me, this is the year Cedar Point said, "Listen everyone, we get it. So you don't like Mantis all that much? We'll fix it. You say our Hotel is aging? We'll fix it!" I really have to hand it to Cedar Point this year. They're really taking great steps to improve their park. It's about quality, not quantity.

Maybe they'll listen about Mean Streak next year!

Anyway this is excactly what I wanted and I guess I'll have to get one last ride on Mantis.

It took them this long to finally do something about something people have been complaining about for a long time?

And then you could say...

At least they listened and did something about it!

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I think this could be very painful. Why? Because this ride was designed for standing, not sitting. Heartline design, of course, puts all of the forces centered on your heart. Now that we'll be sitting on this ride, all of the forces will be focused higher on our bodies. This means that the forces will probably focused right on our heads. That could mean some SERIOUS pain during the finale.

I'm going to trust the B&M engineers on this one.

Looks like they threw in another addition when they posted the 2015 page:

Groups looking for a unique setting for their event or meal will enjoy the Lakeside Pavilion. Located at the former Coral Courtyard, Lakeside Pavilion features covered meeting space and a view that just can't be beat.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/New-In-2015/Lakeside-Pavilion

The Perfect Setting For Your Group Event

Groups visiting Cedar Point in 2015 will have the option to have their meal or event in the new Lakeside Pavilion!

Nestled along the boardwalk with panoramic views of Lake Erie, the Lakeside Pavilion will feature covered meeting space for groups of 50 or more. In addition, entry into the Lakeside Pavilion will be easy and convenient with its new entrance located near Planet Snoopy and WindSeeker.

School groups, large groups, clubs, family reunions and more are all welcome to take advantage of discounts on park admission, meal deals and more. All you need is a group of 15 or more and you'll save.

To reserve your event at the Lakeside Pavilion, call 1.800.448.2428, option 1, and speak with a Group Sales representative. Or click here to learn more about our 2015 Group Sales programs!

LSP01.jpg

LSP02.jpg

This also looks like a very nice addition to the park.

It took them this long to finally do something about something people have been complaining about for a long time?

And then you could say...

At least they listened and did something about it!

Maybe they didn't need to do anything about it because ridership couldn't justify changing it... Maybe B&M wouldn't accommodate the change until recently... Maybe, just maybe, CP was too busy adding other capital investments, and it didn't make financial sense to add it until this year...

So, yes. You can say they listened and did something about it.