TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Curiosity makes me ask this. I have never had a problem finding Mantis, but what do you think if CP also moved the RR crossing about 100 feet closer to Rougarou? That way, everyone sees the signs or crosses right beside the hammer game and are at the entrance to Millennium Force? I mean, they had to put a gate in for Shoot the Rapids, why not just move it and show off their newly renovated ride and ride entrance sign?

Thoughts?

Wonder if we'll see the trim on the first drop remove

Seconded. The entire reason Mantis started sucking was because of that horrible trim. If it isn't removed the ride will still be sub par. It has potential to be an excellent coaster with that layout! Just let it be awesome, CP!

I think that making the MCBR brake the train less would make a bigger difference as it's in the second half where I felt it was lacking speed (and it has some potential in those transitions).

Frankly, while I imagine the new trains will make the Ride Formerly Known as Mantis more enjoyable, I'm a bit more interested to see how the hotel renovations work out. Cedar Point really does need a first-class hotel, and the old Breakers was pretty dated.

It's good that they're focusing on the overall guest experience by improving the resort, too.

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I think this could be very painful. Why? Because this ride was designed for standing, not sitting. Heartline design, of course, puts all of the forces centered on your heart. Now that we'll be sitting on this ride, all of the forces will be focused higher on our bodies. This means that the forces will probably focused right on our heads. That could mean some SERIOUS pain during the finale.

I think that making the MCBR brake the train less would make a bigger difference as it's in the second half where I felt it was lacking speed (and it has some potential in those transitions).

I wouldn't know about that. When I rode (last visit was way back in 2001) the MCBR didn't grab you at all.

I must be in the minority when it comes to the track colors, because I absolutely hate them. Cedar Fair coasters, to me, always had the more vibrant color schemes compared to other parks' coasters, and this just feels like a cop-out. I can see this working well in a Six Flags park (since they have, like, 9 coasters in the chain with the same colors), but... eh, that's my gripe. Nice to see that Mantis is going floorless. Better luck next time, Dorney.

Now everyone can quit whining about an announcement. The new colors look good. It's the same layout so I'm not that happy. It needs to be stretched out. You know 5 pounds of sh*t in a 1 pound bag. We'll see next season. I'll definitely ride it. With Mantis there I just skipped that ride.

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I think this could be very painful. Why? Because this ride was designed for standing, not sitting. Heartline design, of course, puts all of the forces centered on your heart. Now that we'll be sitting on this ride, all of the forces will be focused higher on our bodies. This means that the forces will probably focused right on our heads. That could mean some SERIOUS pain during the finale.

We have discussed this before. With the floorless trains, the center of gravity will be about the same since the trains have elevated seating positions compared to sit-down trains.

Curiosity makes me ask this. I have never had a problem finding Mantis, but what do you think if CP also moved the RR crossing about 100 feet closer to Rougarou? That way, everyone sees the signs or crosses right beside the hammer game and are at the entrance to Millennium Force? I mean, they had to put a gate in for Shoot the Rapids, why not just move it and show off their newly renovated ride and ride entrance sign?

Thoughts?

You're proposing they re-route the train tracks. For a sign.

Not exactly, the heartland of floorless and stand-ups are pretty close!

This will definitely revive the ride a bit, I can not wait to ride an inclined loop on a floorless!!! Such a fun element!

^On top of that, it would never be much of a problem as standup rides can't have the same fast transitions and rotations as normal ones. Maybe going from a sitting one to a standup would be an issue, but not this.

Thoughts?

You're proposing they re-route the train tracks. For a sign.

No Re-Route, but move where the gates come down. all they would move is the sidewalks a little, and it's basically just adding a sidewalk, and moving the crossing gates. No moving of the train tracks.

Interesting color scheme, wasn't expecting the Orange track. Looks very similar to Dominator down at KD. Hopefully they take out that trim on the drop and it should be a great ride.

So it looks like the only modifications come after the break run (no more corkscrew)?

Nope, here's a couple POV's to prove it. I bet the loss of the trim will be the only other change, along with the retheme and new trains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6cRTrx82gI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXPyAWe2Ig