TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This is great news. I don't expect the ride to be amazing but I expect it to be a lot of fun and another solid addition to Cedar Point's lineup. As far as I'm concerned it's the same as adding a new coaster because I never rode Mantis under any circumstances since it was so unenjoyable.

Since it's just a rendering this could mean absolutely nothing and I'm sure it's going to be discussed ad nauseum but I have to bring up the fact that the trim brake on the drop appears to be gone in the video. Hopefully they remove it, it probably won't be necessary with these trains.

Thats an awfully soft release for a park like Cedar Point. When I first heard the rumor from a supervisor in May, it was phrased to me as "Floorless Mantis is in the budget". I can't help but think that they might have something else up their sleeves, but tacked on the Mantis transformation to add a thrill based attraction next year. This year's attendance numbers were down significantly last time I was informed, so finding a quick way to spruce up an existing coaster on the cheap might be a marketing plus for another family oriented experience to be announced for next year. Now they can advertise a "new coaster" and a family addition.

TL;DR: This was likely a last second-ish decision to add marketable attraction to a second year of (harder to market) family additions and (impossible to market) park renovations.

New credit for sure!

Please explain to me how this is a new credit. If this is a new credit then Batman backwards is a new credit and rides like the Giant Dipper in California have been like 4 different credits throughout their history. Also how many people have both Sheikra credits from before and after it's floorless conversion?

Also, does this count as a new credit?

I don't see how anyone could count this as a new credit. If this is a new credit any wood coaster that ever got a new train would have to be considered multiple credits.

I was mainly asking to start the debate. I won't be counting it as a new credit. I just knew the debate would come up. I like the colors and name. (Even if I have a hard time saying it) I wonder if the park is doing anything else for 2015.