TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not impressed with the marketing campaign so far.

We are basing our vacation next summer on new attractions, it looks like six flags will get my money in 2015. We are in the planning stages now, so can't wait any longer for an announcement.

So far we are doing a few six flags parks, and Busch Gardens. Also going to carowinds. Can't wait.

Not impressed with the marketing campaign so far.

We are basing our vacation next summer on new attractions, it looks like six flags will get my money in 2015. We are in the planning stages now, so can't wait any longer for an announcement.

So far we are doing a few six flags parks, and Busch Gardens. Also going to carowinds. Can't wait.

Somewhat basing my on this announcement as well. Have been there before, but would like to go back. Might skip this go around, we will see.

People are overreacting so much...

Even if they tease us for months and announce the new ride in Jaunuary if it's a good looking ride people will still go ride it. Also, this wasn't overhyped at all by the park. They made 1 tweet and then it was overhyped by enthusiasts.

Did anyone actually think anything interesting would be announced today?

Same, this is annoying IMHO. Cedar Point needs to go ahead and announce their 2015 attraction. And stop teasing us with dumb announcements. Is Mantis closing really an announcement? Six Flags never said it was an announcement their rides were closing. And donating money to a foundation definitely is not an announcement.

Even if they tease us for months and announce the new ride in Jaunuary if it's a good looking ride people will still go ride it. Also, this wasn't overhyped at all by the park. They made 1 tweet and then it was overhyped by enthusiasts.

This right here encapsulates everything I was thinking.

I think that though the announcement today wasn't about what their 2015 plans are it was still a great PR announcement. It's not their fault that so many people assumed it was going to be a ride announcement. They never once said in their tease that the announcement today would be of a new ride, so why expect it?

I can almost guarantee once the actual attraction announcement happens there's going to be 5-10 pages of people complaining and and moaning then too for not being what they want.

Aside from a few unproductive comments, I actually don't think anybody is overreacting at all, just being critical and expressing disagreement. Also, if PR keep utilizing all caps on words like "bigger" and "better"and emphasize an "announcement" as a marketing technique, they are already inherently generating hype and attention at base.

The comedic gold of the Cedar Point Discussion Thread in the past few weeks is worth the wait for an announcement of what is exactly happening to Mantis or the location of Mantis. Keep it up Cedar Point! I love watching everyone squirm in their seats and get upset and bent out of shape over the approach of announcing plans for 2015. Don't worry everyone, the sun will still rise tomorrow and your life will go on if you don't yet know exactly what is happening at Cedar Point in 2015.

Cedar Point loves it when they can draw the process out and have more and more people talking about the park. It's Marketing 101.

It truly is not really bothering me, they can take the rest of the year for all I care. My plans for a trip there would not come to fruision until next year anyway. The announcement(s) are just something to look forward to for me to get through the day. However, it would be nice to let us know "sometime" soon.