TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ah! The 2000th page of this thread! I'm pretty sure you will all agree with my mini list.

I don't know about that. I think Mantis with floorless trains would be a lot of fun but I'm sure Raptor would still be lightyears ahead of it. Personally I love Gatekeeper despite the amazing amount of hate that it gets so I have a hard time believing Floorless Mantis would be better than that either though many people would probably disagree with me on that.

I love Gatekeeper!!! Throw the same ride into another park and it wouldn't get near the hate. However, I think thats a back-handed compliment to CP that everyone expects the best.

Ah! The 2000th page of this thread! I'm pretty sure you will all agree with my mini list.

I don't know about that. I think Mantis with floorless trains would be a lot of fun but I'm sure Raptor would still be lightyears ahead of it. Personally I love Gatekeeper despite the amazing amount of hate that it gets so I have a hard time believing Floorless Mantis would be better than that either though many people would probably disagree with me on that.

I would take take Mantis in its current state over gatekeeper! Thats just me. GK is super smooth and a very pretty ride. Just doesn't do it for me. Raptor hands down is the best B&M at CP

Srs? I'd rank GateKeeper above Raptor, and I'd put it just behind Millenium Force & forth overall at the park.

That first drop is quite intense, and fun. The seating arrangements are unique to the park, and fun. The keyholes are fun. The weightlessness you get on the slow role on the way back is unique to the ride. Overall, it's a FUN (did I say that enough?) ride that I couldn't get enough of on my last trip to the park. I love the capacity too.

I would take take Mantis in its current state over gatekeeper! Thats just me. GK is super smooth and a very pretty ride. Just doesn't do it for me. Raptor hands down is the best B&M at CP

Srs? I'd rank GateKeeper above Raptor, and I'd put it just behind Millenium Force & forth overall at the park.

Really? Raptor is my favourite ride at the park (I did not get to ride Maverick) with TTD coming second and MF third. Then gatekeeper. It's not bad, it's rather fun, actually. But not very intense and that ending is terrible. However, I think the worst thing for me was how it seemed to rattle if you sat in the outside seats (which I always do) from the 3rd or 4th row back. The restraints do not help either. Yeah, but that's my opinion.

Really? Raptor is my favourite ride at the park (I did not get to ride Maverick) with TTD coming second and MF third. Then gatekeeper. It's not bad, it's rather fun, actually. But not very intense and that ending is terrible. However, I think the worst thing for me was how it seemed to rattle if you sat in the outside seats (which I always do) from the 3rd or 4th row back. The restraints do not help either. Yeah, but that's my opinion.

I'm starting to feel a vertical rattle on GateKeeper. A year old, and it's getting a rattle?

I'm starting to feel a vertical rattle on GateKeeper. A year old, and it's getting a rattle?

That can't be good for Gatekeeper!

I rode it last year and already felt it. (closer to the back it was pretty nasty)

Are any rides going to be closed during Saturdays in Halloweekends?

No. All rides (minus the water rides) are open on Saturday and Sunday.

On Friday, only the following rides are open (along with the mazes)

Blue Streak

Cadillac Cars

Cedar Downs

Dodgem

GateKeeper

Iron Dragon

Kiddie Kingdom (seven rides)

Lake Erie Eagles

Magnum XL-200

Matterhorn

Maverick

maXair

Mean Streak

Millennium Force

Midway Carousel

Monster

Ocean Motion

Pipe Scream

Planet Spooky

Power Tower

Raptor

Scrambler

Skyhawk

SlingShot

Top Thrill Dragster

Wave Swinger

Wicked Twister

WindSeeker

Link

Banshee has been rattling since opening day near the back of the train. I don't think it's a big deal. A lot of the newer B&M coasters are doing that.

That first drop is quite intense, and fun. The seating arrangements are unique to the park, and fun. The keyholes are fun. The weightlessness you get on the slow role on the way back is unique to the ride. Overall, it's a FUN (did I say that enough?) ride that I couldn't get enough of on my last trip to the park. I love the capacity too.

See I would put Raptor behind Maverick. Number 1 would be maverick, then number 2 Raptor, MF, TTD, so on and so on

I think I'd do Millennium Force, Maverick, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Dragster and then go from there with Mantis finishing dead last by an enormous margin. It's the only coaster in the park that I don't enjoy at all. Mean Streak is a decent ride... nothing special but if you lean forward in your seat it's very smooth this year.

This is the only interesting part of the release.

Additionally, next spring, Cedar Point will hold a first ride auction with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the LeBron James Family Foundation.

I'm assuming that means there's something worth having a first rider auction on that will be open next year which makes the rumors of Mantis being totally removed for a 2016 coaster sound less likely unless of course they pick an existing ride and just have people be the first riders of the new season but I doubt that would generate much interest even if it was for charity.