TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Than 2 pages after that! Well, you know

I don't like the idea of the floorless conversion, but if that's the case, I might go out to ride it. However, I wouldn't count it as a new credit though.

You should ride coasters for the enjoyment of riding, not for the coaster count

Noted

I would love to see Mantis get scrapped and CP put something really nice there. Yes the layout is pretty good compared to GateKeeper, Jr. Gemini, Gemini and CCMR, but CP has a lot of coasters with much better layout than that of Mantis.

No park deserves such an evil ride. I would really like to see a video of CP tearing a B&M down. Is it weird?

I have an interesting idea....

Mantis becoming the very first B&M Multi-coaster! What I mean is that Mantis will have three separate trains with different features. A sitdown train, a stand-up train, and a floorless train. Three different kind of trains, three different ride experiences.

I have an interesting idea....

Mantis becoming the very first B&M Multi-coaster! What I mean is that Mantis will have three separate trains with different features. A sitdown train, a stand-up train, and a floorless train. Three different kind of trains, three different ride experiences.

There is no difference in ride experience between a sit down and floorless train. No difference at all. And stand up trains are terrible. This isn't an interesting idea. It's a bad one.

Plus, the station would be a mess of people wanting to ride on a certain train.

Plus, the station would be a mess of people wanting to ride on a certain train.

Not unless you build a second load/unload platform specifically for the style of ride you wanted and even if you did that there still would be hardly anyone riding the stand-up trains.

Why are we even having a conversation about this? It's a dumb idea that no major park will ever consider.

I honestly don't think they're going to completely remove it. It's a reliable, expensive, high capacity B&M. They have a perfect marketing opportunity right now to make this a "new" coaster and I'm sure thats exactly what they're doing. My prediction is that we'll get some green paint, a new name, and new trains, floorless or sit down with the new B&M restraints. Less likely, but another idea is that they could run the trains backwards as a gimmick so it gives the park a little more diversity in terms of coaster opportunities. GateKeeper, Raptor, and Corkscrew are sit down looping coasters, so the backwards factor could give it that appeal.

I honestly don't think they're going to completely remove it. It's a reliable, expensive, high capacity B&M. They have a perfect marketing opportunity right now to make this a "new" coaster and I'm sure thats exactly what they're doing. My prediction is that we'll get some green paint, a new name, and new trains, floorless or sit down with the new B&M restraints. Less likely, but another idea is that they could run the trains backwards as a gimmick so it gives the park a little more diversity in terms of coaster opportunities. GateKeeper, Raptor, and Corkscrew are sit down looping coasters, so the backwards factor could give it that appeal.

I hope you mean a backwards sit-down/floorless coaster, because a backwards stand-up would be total hell.

^If Batman can do backwards trains then almost any of the B&M coasters could do backwards trains. Not saying that they should (I personally didn't care for Batman backwards), or that B&M is willing to develop a train capable of running backwards for other coaster types, just that intensity alone wouldn't prevent it.

I find it really amusing to read all the speculation in this thread, as I have a feeling there are only three realistic possibilities for Mantis (most to least likely): 1. New theme, new paint, new trains, and possible minor layout changes, 2. Relocation to another park in the Cedar Fair chain, or 3. The ride is dismantled and put into storage until someone is willing to buy it. The ride is not going to get scrapped; if Cedar Fair doesn't want it someone will, and the ride is not going to receive a major redesign adding several inversions, more elements, and/or launches. Now, I could be 100% wrong, but I wouldn't bet on anything other than options 1, 2, or 3.

If they are doing train conversions, I'll hedge a bet that they'll do what Thorpe Park did to Swarm, but with floorless trains - the first six rows will face the front, and then the two in the back will face backwards, or maybe since it will be an entirely new experience for the ride they will do four forward and four backward.

If they are tearing out, I'm hoping for a Dive Machine. We need more Dive Machines

No, it's not incorrect... batman is a short ride only 40 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes, Mantis is a full minute, complete with some quick direction changes before and after the MCBR. I can see MANY more people becoming nauseous on Backwards Mantis than Backwards Batman...

If anything, I could see a split train like swarm where they turn in the last two cars facing backwards... Best of both worlds if you will

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. Well all just have to wait and see what they do...

Maybe Mantits will get the floorless conversion, painted new colors, AND relocated. That way whatever park it goes to will have an "All New Coaster"

Probably not, but just saying...

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

I REALLY want floorless trains. If Mantis doesn't change into a floorless coaster, then I am gonna' have to make plans to go to Dorney Park. But I think it is highly possible that we'll see floorless trains with all these hints we are getting, or we can just get thrown off like SFFT had been for Batman: the Ride.