TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What if they retrofit the existing trains with the new vest-like restraints as part of a makeover?

I'm not sure if B&M is going to do that for Mantis!

This is just my prediction if B&M would really push themselves to do this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

kjt.jpg.e9d3668efb8f26eaaf4f00465ff306ec.jpg

Excuse my terrible drawing skills.

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG!! I love Cedar Point. It's one of my favorite places in the world, definitely one of my favorite parks. But I've been having much better experiences at other parks lately.

Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating.

^ Agreed. He came off as a tool. Both times...

If it is being completely removed, that would be dumb IMHO. Why take out one of the parks largest coasters? Aren't they trying to claim the coaster title again?

^I'm not sure they they'd choose Mantis, maybe that's the area they've chosen as the location of the next coaster. And i'm not sure that is what they're focusing on, no.

They called the Disk-O coaster a coaster, so I'm sure they are trying to claim the title again.

CP never claimed to be attempting to go after the coaster title. It seems like CP cares more about quality over quantity, as opposed to SFMM. Most parks count Disk-O-Coasters as roller coasters.

I'm planning a trip to CP on Saturday, and just got an email about "Point Fest." Has anyone been there during that? How much of a sh#tshow should I be anticipating? I'm hesitant to pre-purchase Fastlane because of weather, and would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

If a floorless mantis has the same restraints as gatekeeper... I would probably also whine about that, while secretly loving a floorless mantis.

I would be happy about a floorless Mantis, but I do not like the restraints on gatekeeper. I would much prefer the standard otsr's on a B&M floorless coaster

I'm planning a trip to CP on Saturday, and just got an email about "Point Fest." Has anyone been there during that? How much of a sh#tshow should I be anticipating? I'm hesitant to pre-purchase Fastlane because of weather, and would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

I was there last year and I didn't even realize it was going on(forgot to check the website). I got on most of the coasters and only rilized what was going on when in I could see it in line for Gemini.

Thanks!

I was there last year and I didn't even realize it was going on(forgot to check the website). I got on most of the coasters and only rilized what was going on when in I could see it in line for Gemini.

Cool, thanks. That makes me feel much better.

Thanks!

Hmmm...what was the weather like when you went last year?

We have camped in Camper Village during Point Fest at least twice. The first time was back in '09 and the photo below is what the parking lot looked like from the Space Spiral.

The next time we went during Point Fest (about three years ago), we went to Put In Bay on Saturday and then came back to find the park packed once again - even though the concert had already started.

My advice to Magnum Freak would be to have the cash (or credit card) handily available for FL if needed, or visit on Friday night or Sunday. The weather looks like it's going to be decent (albeit cool) on Saturday so that could bring out the large crowds for the concert and the first weekend of Halloweekends.

195655370_Halloweekends_09148.jpg.ecead5289b3de673d33cd76b4b17f1be.jpg

Packed parking lot.

Is there a reason pointcast isn't held on the luminosity stage? Would it block up the midway or something along those lines? (A couple of the artists are pretty well known, especially Newsboys)

Also, do you think that This guy might be the opener?

That midway is too small for a large concert like Point Fest. I think they learned that when they had Carly Rae Jepsen play in 2012 when the only easy way from let's say Dragster to Millennium was to walk around the back of the park.

Crazy thought: What if Cedar Point puts new trains on Mantis and renames it Cavalier - Then they theme each of the three trains to one of the Cavalier's star players Lebron, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving. If they were to put vest restraints on the trains, they could easily make them look kinda like Basketball Jerseys.

Crazy thought: What if Cedar Point puts new trains on Mantis and renames it Cavalier - Then they theme each of the three trains to one of the Cavalier's star players Lebron, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving. If they were to put vest restraints on the trains, they could easily make them look kinda like Basketball Jerseys.

Why bother.

I think after all the potential copyright and trademark issues that could encountered with the "King James" coaster promise, Cedar Point is silently distancing themselves from that shenanigan. Perhaps whomever manages their social media , got a stern talking to once it was realized the commotion they caused through such a promise that can't be afforded or practically followed through on. Us Cleveland Sports die-hards can get a little too excited when our teams show signs of hope, and catching onto the LeBron James free agency saga like Cedar Point did is a good example of it