TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Maverick - Has two inversions and isn't focused on them.

So much so that I don't even think of them as inversions even though they are, and they don't feel like inversions when on the ride.

I'm in fudging love with your posts, you need your own TV show for Travel especially in the UK with your somewhat dark humor

All of my mean spirited humor gets cut from the Travel shows...

Producer: "You can't call people pussies!"

Me: "But they ARE pussies if they are going to bitch about a stupid restraint on a perfectly good ride."

Producer: "I know that, but you just can't say it on the show."

Me: "Then what do you want me to say?"

Producer: "I dunno, tell me how tall the ride is or something..."

*sigh*

But yes, people who complain about Maverick's restraints are, in fact... pussies. And they deserve whatever pain they get while riding.

LOL (I seriously did), post of the year. I can just imagine Robb having that argument with the producer, that was a hilarious visual!

Here's what I'm expecting:

Mantis in itself isn't going anywhere. I'm expecting floorless trains (which alludes to Mantis being "squashed" as I think the floorless trains are slightly shorter than the stand-ups), the ride to be repainted and to be renamed. The Mantis name gets used for a ride at another CF park, which alludes to Mantis being "relocated."

Well what is interesting is that squished reference is the local tv media outlets last night reported that Mantis is being "dismantled".

Here's what I'm expecting:

Mantis in itself isn't going anywhere. I'm expecting floorless trains (which alludes to Mantis being "squashed" as I think the floorless trains are slightly shorter than the stand-ups), the ride to be repainted and to be renamed. The Mantis name gets used for a ride at another CF park, which alludes to Mantis being "relocated."

Well what is interesting is that squished reference is the local tv media outlets last night reported that Mantis is being "dismantled".

We all know how accurate the news is with amusement-parky stuff.

How would they handle the different heartline if they switch to seated trains?

Sheikra

Sheikra's heartline didn't change, they "simply" removed floor sections to make them more open. They've also always had the tiered seating if that is what you're thinking about...

As for Mantis, it is the only coaster I've been on that came with groping. For some reason, every time I rode that thing, the attendants in the station would not hesitate to just go all touchy feely in that area. Every. Time.

I don't know what yall are talking about. Mantis being squashed doesn't directly mean it's going to change into a pure floorless ,but a floorless stand up. There is still the bicycle seat, and it will be the exact same trains, just with no floor. Mantis is not going to be squashed, our nads are!!

How would they handle the different heartline if they switch to seated trains?

Sheikra

Sheikra's heartline didn't change, they "simply" removed floor sections to make them more open. They've also always had the tiered seating if that is what you're thinking about...

As for Mantis, it is the only coaster I've been on that came with groping. For some reason, every time I rode that thing, the attendants in the station would not hesitate to just go all touchy feely in that area. Every. Time.

Moving the heartline a few millimeters lower will transfer in newtons. Which is, my guesstimate, approximately a .25m change in heartline. Which is a change of 0.25 - 0.50 Gs. Food for thought.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

I say that the Mantis name get "relocated" to one of the "Flight Deck" coasters!

At least "The Bat" dodged that bullet.

That leaves Cedar Fair with two "Flight Deck" coasters left, so my wild guess is that Cedar Fair renames one of the "Flight Deck" coasters to "Mantis" and Cedar Point converts the coaster formerly known as "Mantis" to something else as a floorless coaster!

Months ago, a poster came into this thread and told everyone what was happening for 2015, including a floorless Mantis among other things. it seemed legit. I'd prefer if they just replaced Mantis with a new B&M of some kind (Dive Machine!) but where there's smoke there's fire.

I think 2016 is a brand new coaster.

I can't tell if your complaining about the groping, or not... I'm going to go with not!

I say that the Mantis name get "relocated" to one of the "Flight Deck" coasters!

At least "The Bat" dodged that bullet.

That leaves Cedar Fair with two "Flight Deck" coasters left, so my wild guess is that Cedar Fair renames one of the "Flight Deck" coasters to "Mantis" and Cedar Point converts the coaster formerly known as "Mantis" to something else as a floorless coaster!

Mantis becomes Flight Deck. Your head explodes.

I don't know what yall are talking about. Mantis being squashed doesn't directly mean it's going to change into a pure floorless ,but a floorless stand up. There is still the bicycle seat, and it will be the exact same trains, just with no floor. Mantis is not going to be squashed, our nads are!!

Thanks for the laugh tonight. Let's call it Nadtis!

Nope!

* Roller Coaster

* Coaster

* the Ride

* the Staminator (Onion reference )

* Magic Un-floored Thrill Ride Machine Device 1996-o-matictron!

* Magic Shock

* Dragon's fairy dust

or

*the Magic Rampage of the Mystical, Humorous, Floating Donkey!

Cedar Fair would be insane not to choose those names!