TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Its not going anywhere. Whoever posted the old Bizzaro discussion I commend you. They're going to slap new floorless trains on it and market it as the only floorless in Ohio.

Floorless trains, but backwards..

"world's largest backwards looping coaster"

Woah. That would interest me. I'll take this offer

Interesting...

My favorite part of the video is "Goodbye is never easy. In this case, it is." I'm pretty sure this is a reflection of the general consensus of Mantis.

"Take your LAST STAND" and "Mantis is GETTING SQUASHED on October 19" have got to be big clues about a potential conversion. Of course, if they actually remove the ride, it would probably be relocated.

Edited by SFOGdude25

I find this kinda sad. While sure stand-ups aren't the best, the B&M ones are kinda fun. If anything they are rare and unique. I remember liking the straight drop on this one, gave some airtime that others I've ridden don't really have.

I don't think anything can be read into those 'standing' puns at this point, it could go either way.

If this ride doesn't get converted or relocated, would that make this the first defunct B&M?

Edited by IndoorSurvivalist

Interesting...

My favorite part of the video is "Goodbye is never easy. In this case, it is." I'm pretty sure this is a reflection of the general consensus of Mantis.

"Take your LAST STAND" and "Mantis is GETTING SQUASHED on October 19" have got to be big clues about a potential conversion. Of course, if they actually remove the ride, it would probably be relocated.

"In this case, it is." could also be a conversion hint, because it's easy to say goodbye when you're not actually saying goodbye.

Interesting...

"In this case, it is." could also be a conversion hint, because it's easy to say goodbye when you're not actually saying goodbye.

I thought they meant it's easy because it sucked

I want to go back to what rob said. Last year i didn't think cedar point was getting a new ride. I thought we would of seen more dirt moving or track on site before We did. They also did all the track work for the ride in just a few weeks in one of the worse winters in the last 20 some years. I think we will know more as the weeks pass but i would not rule anything out at this time

If CP is willing to do a conversion with B&M (rumor), then the RMC conversion possibility has increased.

How does putting a different type of train on Mantis increase RMC chances?

It shows that they are willing to do something about their older rides, and transform them into something new.

I'll join the side of those thinking Mantis won't leave entirely. I really think they are going to make some changes to it, I just have little idea what. The "darkness falls" wording makes me think they are turning it into a dark ride. Maybe not the whole ride, but perhaps part of it. I can't see them removing it and building a new dark ride (or otherwise) in its place between November and May/June. If there is going to be a brand new ride for next year, it will be going in a different location, I'm sure.

As much as I selfishly wanted everything released today I think this is really smart.

First of all they can get more people in the park who want to ride Mantis for the last time. I'm sure on the last day they'll have some kind of event that probably features ERT on Mantis which will get people in the park on a generally slower day and make them stay all day if the event is after park close (they'll be busy as it's their Halloween event but not as busy as a Saturday so this may boost attendance a bit on that Sunday). If they said right away that they were just converting it people might not care as much.

Second of all they now make headlines and local news outlets twice. They'll be in the news today for announcing the removal of Mantis and again in a few weeks for the announcement of the "new coaster". If they had announced today that they were updating Mantis they would have only been in the news once. Now they get twice the exposure and free publicity.

I'm surprised that they're doing this but I think it's a great move. I would think it would be tough to justify the expense of adding new trains to Mantis if they would have to spend a lot of money on them and wouldn't get much of a return on investment. The best way to get people through the gates is to market the ride as "new" with a cool new feature. As far as I'm concerned this is as good as them getting a new coaster because it's taking a ride I just ignored and never rode and converting it into a ride that will likely be very enjoyable.

Sure they haven't officially announced a conversion but I'm assuming that's what this is as all of the signs are pointing to it.

Obviously another Rocky Mountain conversion. Steel frame. Wood track. Brilliant.

Na man are you blind? Vekoma is re-tracking this into the first Floorless Mine Train Boomerang it's obvious.

Guys, stop being silly! It's a 529 foot tall wooden aquatrax.

Really? It's gonna be the world's first inverted jet coaster!

I find this kinda sad. While sure stand-ups aren't the best, the B&M ones are kinda fun. If anything they are rare and unique. I remember liking the straight drop on this one, gave some airtime that others I've ridden don't really have.

I don't think anything can be read into those 'standing' puns at this point, it could go either way.

If this ride doesn't get converted or relocated, would that make this the first defunct B&M?

How are the B&M stand ups "rare"? They're still operating at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags America, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags over Georgia, California's Great America, and Carowinds.

Edited by cfc