TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'll shut up from now on.

Thanks.

You're welcome, to YOU and the community.

On another note... I hope they replace Mantis with something with a launch, 8 loops, and a splashdown section. Also, I'd love to see a flat with a jump up a tower and a flip 400ft up in the air. It can all fit in the footprint of mantis, right?

Press release certainly says it's closing, it'll be removed. Wonder what will be the replacement?

How many time do some of us tell you? Mantis got a paint test, so it is obviously staying. Possibly transforming into a floorless coaster! Though CP does a good job throwing people off.

Press release certainly says it's closing, it'll be removed. Wonder what will be the replacement?

How many time do some of us tell you? Mantis got a paint test, so it is obviously staying. Possibly transforming into a floorless coaster! Though CP does a good job throwing people off.

How does a paint test confirm it's staying?

Can we all just disagree to disagree? The point is, everything could be anything. CP was deliberately vague in some aspects here. The real question is whether or not they will announce anything else between today and October 19th.

Take the fun out of it, won't you? Wait, you already did. We're trying to figure out the new attraction! Let us speculate and argue!

I don't think it's being removed, but if it's being relocated with a new paint scheme, they might want to see how it looks on a bit of Mantis before ordering lots of paint to repaint the whole thing.

EDIT:^^^ beat me to it

Edited by loop-de-loop

Can we all just disagree to disagree? The point is, everything could be anything. CP was deliberately vague in some aspects here. The real question is whether or not they will announce anything else between today and October 19th.

Take the fun out of it, won't you? Wait, you already did. We're trying to figure out the new attraction! Let us speculate and argue!

Speculation is fine, I don't know something about lots of argument makes me uncomfortable. Seen too many spats in my life I guess. Continue.

Edited by moneygrabber

Yes, we all know that. That was before Cedar Point themselves made this announcement. If it wasn't closing, and it was just becoming a floorless coaster, they wouldn't say it was closing.

Six Flags has teased each RMC project as if they were total removals of the ride that was there before, and each time, in theory they were removed, but rather updated. There's nothing saying that Cedar Point couldn't be doing the same thing with this announcement. Mantis as we know it may be going away, but there's nothing saying that the structure and track may not remain for whatever comes next.

Let's wait until official details are released before we rule out anything.

It's almost not possible to build a whole NEW coaster there. Mantis would close in October, then they have to demolish it, do all the excavating and foundations, then erect, etc, etc. All that BEFORE June? I don't see it. They would had to have started the demolition process sooner, in my opinion.