TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wait a second. We're now defending stand-ups? I though we all hated them! Not that I disagree, but what the heck?

EDIT: Not that I've seen you guys perform a 180 on your general consensus before, but this is just day and night to me. Sometimes you all are a mystery.

Edited by KilroyMcSpunk

Could Matt Ouimet be on a mission to rid all stand up coasters from Cedar Fair parks? Skyrider and Mantis are gone. Next up...Shockwave and both the Vortex coasters.

I would be totally fine with this mission.

I would not shed a single tear for Vortex @ CGA. We can only HOPE Matt will get rid of it.

I would be pretty disappointed if they took Mantis out completely. I really liked the layout, just not the whole standing up part. I guess we'll see later at some point.

And as for Vortex and Shockwave, I didn't think Shockwave was all that bad, neither was Skyrider. Vortex at Carowinds was a pretty awful experience though.

Edited by PVA62

You know, this is really cleaver marketing. They are essentially faking the death of the ride, forever. Next year it will have new colors, new trains and a new name. The GP will think it is "NEW" without a hefty price tag. I also would like to see them change the ride environment a bit too. There were rumors of the second half of the original ride being "Indoors" but due to the ride going overbudget that got canned. Could they revisit this now with a total rebrand of the ride? (One can only hope)

But who knows, maybe we are looking too far into this video and it will be gone. ANYTHING can happen at this point!

Mantis will be replaced with "The LeBron James Experience," which will stand at Cedar Point for 2 years before relocating to a park in Florida and to come back at Cedar Point in 2020.

Unless Cedar Point already fulfilled that bet with LeBron coming back to Cleveland.

I'm very, VERY intrigued by this. My dreams of RMC Mean Streak will be laid to rest for another year though. Anyway, this is so confusing. Cedar Point is being very vague. Just because "last stand" was said doesn't mean it's getting fit with new trains. It could still mean it's going to be toatlly removed. I'm rather indifferent on it honestly. Last summer when I went it wasn't good or bad. Can't wait to see this develop, although October 19th seems like a long time to wait for the rest of this story.

Sure lets have some fun with it, but I really thought they'd announce the full plans today. This is strong enough confirmation of the conversion but we'll still probably have to endure a few pages of Mantis' (non)impending removal.

My only wish is that it gets some badass looking trains. As far as that test paint goes, it looks a little garish.