TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Does anyone know why CP isn't open next Friday? They were scheduled from 6-10 but now are closed due to private event. I was planning on going to CP Friday and Sunday and Kennywood Saturday. I looked last week and now they are not open.

Answered your own question haha.

Someone came along and bought out the park. Private events this kind of the year aren't unheard of.

REV3 Triathlon is Sunday, the 7th.

So are the rumors of the park having really small crowds the weekend (or this year's case, Sunday) after Labor Day true? I'm thinking about visiting on Sunday September 7th and I hope the stories are real!

^Generally. I haven't been to the park in September in a few years. Last year I was there on the last day of the operating season and the weather was horrible so the haunted houses had longer lines.

The last time I was there on a Sunday in Mid-September, the longest wait I had was Top Thrill Dragster at 30 minutes. Mantis, Magnum & Raptor were walk-ons. Millennium was at 5 minutes.

Hopefully it stays the same for you.

FOR 2015 Announcement: Update on the announcement coming tomorrow. Will just be a press release, no streaming:

(ANNOUNCEMENT STILL SET FOR TUESDAY. THIS WILL JUST BE AN UPDATE ON WHAT TO EXPECT ON TUESDAY) Edited by Coasterguy21

Here's my prediction:

1) Maverick and Dragster get a repaint.

2) Mantis gets Floor-less trains.

3) New inverting Flat ride (Fabbri Cataclysm?) is placed near Mantis and that general area gets a refresh.

Dragster was supposed to get a repaint last season. I'm not sure where it was, but someone asked him and he stated that was the plan. But, I guess they never went through with it.

So are the rumors of the park having really small crowds the weekend (or this year's case, Sunday) after Labor Day true? I'm thinking about visiting on Sunday September 7th and I hope the stories are real!

I went two years ago and everything was a walk on, the gate was open on MF and we could just reride. That's why I am going again this year on this weekend. Also helping things this year is it is opening day for NFL and the Cleveland browns are playing the Pittsburg steelers in Pittsburg , so that should help the crowds.