TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^

When I read that article, I found a link to a picture of some paint testing that they seemed to be doing on Mantis (picture is from CPfansite in July). I'm still betting on floorless trains (and possibly renaming to King James).

10423690_707547719291614_6800824079270246677_n.jpg.e2f911732c86a310b1a48eaddda334b6.jpg

Mean Streak was extremely smooth this year when I rode it at CoasterMania. It just has such a boring layout, like every other Dinn coaster in existence.

I had a very good ride on Mean Streak last year. I don't know why a lot of people complain about it, because there are a lot worse coasters than this. The only Dinn layout that was ever good was Predator, but you get the hell beat out of you every ride (at least in the back).

My Official Final Prediction: Mantis conversion and flat/dark ride. If dark ride, then it'd be the WMG version. Which I guess you could technically also call a coaster. Mantis will be renamed King James.

Lets see how correct this ends up being!!

My OFFICIAL final prediction that will happen is that Magnum will sink into Lake Erie next year. It's too bad, it's one of my favorite coasters there.

My official prediction IS that Cedar Point is DEFINITELY getting a massive Lebron James head on top of WindSeeker and renaming the ride 'King James' Spinning Scepter.' They will also move Millennium Force onto a pier in the middle of Lake Erie, bill it as a new coaster and call it 'Lake Force.'

My Final Thoughts on a 2015 new ride for the Point/Improvements:

• Drop Tower off of Dragster -or- Spinning/Inverting Thrill Ride

• Retheme of Mantis with or without a Sit-down conversion

• Finished refurbishment of the Breakers hotel (confirmed)

• Rethemed restaurant/perhaps a new chain

• Other new food options

• Refurbished Picnic Pavilions

• More other aesthetic improvements

^^Must have found that somewhere else. I have been following this since the very beginning and that was definitely NOT one of his tweets.

I'm going to keep my predictions fairly realistic (they get more out of hand as they get down . But like the weather forecast, anything past Day Three is a Crap Shoot). It'll be a great next few years at the park as the 150th Anniversary Season is worked towards.

My official prediction(s) for 2015:

-Major Flat Ride Addition (Don't know what, but something of that sort)

OR

-Dark Ride Themed to the Old West (though, unless they really upped this, I feel this would be more of a family ride than a thrill ride. See WMG)

OR

-GCI Wooden Coaster (fairly cheap and can be built in a smaller time frame)

OR

-Another S&S 4D Free Spin with higher capacity (can also be built in a smaller time frame)

We already know that they are pumping lots of money into the Hotel Breakers renovation (which is extremely exciting). Last year's additions and changes were also great. I'm sure we'll see much more in the way of park improvements as well. We may also, as long as the behind the scenes work went well, see a coaster renamed King James. Whether it be temporarily or permanently, we'll soon see.

I'm excited no matter what is announced next season. Anything for a park is exciting to me because they always seem to be good moves, no matter what the general consensus is otherwise.

Whatever it is...High Noon to me screams out Frontier Trail/Frontiertown.

Edited by Coasterguy21

Since it seems we're all posting what we WISH CP would build, I will add to that:

LOST Cedar Point (a la Lost Kennywood)

Featuring the return of Pirate Ride (the building is still there) and (in my dreams) Earthquake!

Some classic flats: Double Ferris Wheel, Tiki Twirl, Star Jets, Bayern Kurve, and of course Schwabinchen!

But in reality, I am good with the money going to infrastructure and improvements. While the GP would prefer a flashy new ride or mega coaster every year, the smart investment is on lodging and making the park as attractive as possible. Maintain the historical aspect while updating aging structures to appeal to a larger demographic.

Hotel improvements, sit down/floorless Mantis, and possibly a flat or two.

I'm so glad Cedar Point had the live web cams this year. I've spent many an afternoon at the office wishing that was me on Millennium Force or Power Tower. Nice to see Skyhawk running both sides today, too!

^I do like the position of the webcams today. Looking straight down on Power Tower so you can see the ride operating=AWESOME!

Then of course the Millennium Force, Mantis, Iron Dragon, Frontiertown view. Digging it!

I still think that third webcam location may be for construction. That's off of Gemini looking back towards the woods/Millennium Island/Frontiertown. But who knows, it could just be a "third webcam" too

^Yes it could. But I was just going with his "maybe a thrill ride" line. We know it'll be a thrill ride that caters to teenagers.

Just remember, WindSeeker is a thrill ride too. I must say that I am afraid of heights and was scared crapless my first time on that ride. But after that I have come to appreciate the view from the top.