TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Oh, the way the news article made it sound was Millie was stuck in the actual ride portion, Iron Dragon was a delicate rescue situation and the whole park was without power. The world will end. Back to you in the studio.

Slow news day.

It makes it sound like they were stuck upside down for a few years.

This happened at Valleyfair a couple years ago. Trapped over a hundred feet in the air, having to actually walk down stairs, we report the tragic happenings at Valleyfair.

Not hyped at all.

Are they really complaining about 20 minutes?!?! That's how long they were stacking trains on Bizzaro(SFGAdv) for!!

I'd love to be evac'ed. Imagine the pics you could get from that vantage point! (Yes, my camera is always in a secured, zippered pocket.)

What morning ERT do they have on Saturday (or do you just mean the Millennium walkback and early entry)?

I know they have Passholder ERT Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

As far as crowds they'll probably be very large but not totally unmanageable. We'll be there that weekend also.

What morning ERT do they have on Saturday (or do you just mean the Millennium walkback and early entry)?

As far as crowds they'll probably be very large but not totally unmanageable. We'll be there that weekend also.

Do they not still do the 9AM early entry every day for platinum passholders? (Maverick, MF, Iron Dragon & Gatekeeper were the options last year, I believe)

And is there any option for my buddy to join me on the Milliennium walkback without him having to join a coaster club directly (ie can I add him to mine or just bring him as a guest or something)?

Do they not still do the 9AM early entry every day for platinum passholders? (Maverick, MF, Iron Dragon & Gatekeeper were the options last year, I believe)

And is there any option for my buddy to join me on the Milliennium walkback without him having to join a coaster club directly (ie can I add him to mine or just bring him as a guest or something)?

I've asked Tony about this, and no, it is ONLY for coaster club members.

I've asked Tony about this, and no, it is ONLY for coaster club members.

What's the walkback like? Would it be worth paying the $38 for my buddy just for that? He's not really *that* into coasters, so I don't know that he'd get anything else out of the membership beyond getting to go with me for that (and I couldn't very well just leave him in the car for an hour while I go and do that). Or would Robb maybe let me just add him as a "family member" to my membership for $5?

Wait, Did power Tower get stuck? Also Mantis is still on the Webcam.

S&S towers (at least the one I use to operate) are designed to lower slowly back to the ground in the event of a loss of power.

Correct. Even if the E-Stop is pressed (Which basically tricks the PLC into thinking there's a power interruption) the passenger cart will VERY slowly return to the load/unload position. Supreme Scream @ KBF as an example, will take a good 5-8 minutes to return to the ground.

What's the walkback like? Would it be worth paying the $38 for my buddy just for that? He's not really *that* into coasters, so I don't know that he'd get anything else out of the membership beyond getting to go with me for that (and I couldn't very well just leave him in the car for an hour while I go and do that). Or would Robb maybe let me just add him as a "family member" to my membership for $5?

It's nothing too special, I've done it twice, all you do is get taken back to Millennium 10 minutes before early entry for the first train of the day! They'll also let you go straight from the unloading platform right back into the station until a line builds up.

^^ That's a great reason why the term "emergency stop" doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially on an S&S tower. On an space shot/double shot anytime after the ride has launched, it's best just just let the ride run normally since it's the fastest way to bring the ride down.

Also, In that small window of time from when the shot tank is filled and the ride hasn't launched yet, bringing the ride down (e-stop or not) will keep the restraints locked for a few minutes until the tank has depressurized. That would also be bad in an emergency.