TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

My brother and I are going to Cedar Point soon. We would like to know if the money we are paying is worth it. We are staying at Breakers Hotel, and are getting the two day ticket package. With the hotel and the tickets, our total comes out to around $900. We are driving all the way from Minnesota, which is about an 11 hour drive. We do live very close to Valleyfair, and we would like to know if driving all the way there is worth the money. Since we will be there for 2 days, do you think it is worth it to get the fast lane? Thanks!

So im going to Cedar Point tomorrow. Is the fast lane worth it. I checked prices online and its $90 thats crazy!! I hate waiting in lines but $90 sounds over the top.

If you are going to CP on a Saturday and hoping to ride a lot, I'd go for it if I were you. Otherwise, most of your day will be spend waiting for the Intamins and B&Ms (expect 1.5 hours + depending on time of day), and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the lineup and big flats were over an hour.

My brother and I are going to Cedar Point soon. We would like to know if the money we are paying is worth it. We are staying at Breakers Hotel, and are getting the two day ticket package. With the hotel and the tickets, our total comes out to around $900. We are driving all the way from Minnesota, which is about an 11 hour drive. We do live very close to Valleyfair, and we would like to know if driving all the way there is worth the money. Since we will be there for 2 days, do you think it is worth it to get the fast lane? Thanks!

Yes, driving to Cedar Point is worth the money .

Breakers can be a lovely experience, not just for on-property convenience, but also for the beach, pool, getting late drinks at Friday's, etc. Having said that, if it's just you and your brother, and if you're also a bit younger, I'm guessing saving $ would be more important to you than the perks of Breakers, which would make more sense to me if you were going in a social different dynamic -- spending a weekend with a date, having young kids with you who'd need a rest or clothes change every now and then, etc.

I think you should be able to save money staying at another hotel off-property. Some even have deals offering discount park tickets, and although they wouldn't grant you early entry, it wouldn't surprise me if you could scrape together tickets, parking passes, a decent hotel near the park, Fast Lane, and still spend under $900.

In regard to Fast Lane, if you don't go to the park often, want to ride a lot, and happen to be going on a weekend, then I'd say yes. If these are weekdays you're talking about, you might be able to get by with lesser crowds. And although there is some risk of the park selling out of the passes, you could head to the park without Fast Lane and wait until you get a feel for whether you need it. The kiosk has been open for business each time I've gone.

So im going to Cedar Point tomorrow. Is the fast lane worth it. I checked prices online and its $90 thats crazy!! I hate waiting in lines but $90 sounds over the top.

If you are going to CP on a Saturday and hoping to ride a lot, I'd go for it if I were you. Otherwise, most of your day will be spend waiting for the Intamins and B&Ms (expect 1.5 hours + depending on time of day), and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the lineup and big flats were over an hour.

Thank you! I think i will end up getting it. I live in NY so i dont get to go very often and this is a very big treat for me. How are the crowds at night? Is it still like hour waits or is it more like 30 minutes for most rides?

My turn for a last minute park visiting quandary! I'm coming to the park this Wednesday, and I was wondering how the single rider thing on slingshot works... I myself am the only one planning to ride this thing and I was curious, do they have like a line of single riders they mash together? Or are you on your own to find a buddy to ride with? I live closer to Darien Lake and their slingshot is known to have basically no lines at all, so I'm not sure what to expect at Cedar Point with this... Thanks!

Thank you! I think i will end up getting it. I live in NY so i dont get to go very often and this is a very big treat for me. How are the crowds at night? Is it still like hour waits or is it more like 30 minutes for most rides?

I'm not sure if Ohio schools kick back in (they do in PA), but if so, then I would imagine crowds would indeed thin out at night, and would be further reduced during the day compared with the usual summer crowds. Just note that people like to pick their favorite coasters to get that last ride. This usually means continued lines at Maverick and Millennium Force, and each one attracts its cult-like fans near closing time. This can actually make for a very fun, almost TPR/ERT-like social experience. A nightly ritual, the riders on these two are full of extra energy, with lots of excitement, orchestrated clapping, and high-fiving among strangers -- it can be a blast.

I've noticed others snagging a quick ride on Raptor or Gatekeeper near the main entrance as they head out the door, but I've had walk-ons with lots of other coasters at night: Mantis, Gemini, Power Tower, Magnum, Wicked Twister, and sometimes even Dragster.

So glad I got the fast lane plus! I got to go on everything except Corkscrew and Iron Dragon, and I even got two rides on Maverick. $110 was crazy but it was easily worth it or else I would have had hour plus waits for almost everything. (yeah it was PACKED) I arrived with my family at 10ish but we had to leave since everyone was done while I still wanted to stay :/ oh well. I'm on my way to college in Chicago so I'm sure over the years I will take a "quick" stop before I head home. Great day fabulous park and I FRICKIN LOVED MAVERICK!!!!

So glad I got the fast lane plus! I got to go on everything except Corkscrew and I even got two rides on Maverick. $110 was crazy but it was easily worth it or else I would have had hour plus waits for almost everything. (yeah it was PACKED) I arrived with my family at 10ish but we had to leave since everyone was done while I still wanted to stay :/ oh well. I'm on my way to college in Chicago so I'm sure over the years I will take a "quick" stop before I head home. Great day fabulous park and I FRICKIN LOVED MAVERICK!!!!

Awesome! Your post put a smile on my face - I'm really glad you had a good time! I don't love the price of Fast Lane, but it's really become the thing that separates a frustrating day from a great one when the park is oppressively busy.

I was thinking about next year and I think I came up with a plan that could very well happen.

1) Maxair gets Lebron James re-branding. I think that makes the most since of all the rides.

2) Mantis gets new trains and re-theme to Rougarou.

3) Mean streak gets Iron horsed. This is probably the least likely but I think it could happen. I know that they haven't opened an RMC yet but since CP plans their rides ahead 5-ish years they would have waited till NTG was finished than decide on Mean Streak. Also since they haven't started construction I think that they are waiting for Halloweekends to end because of that maze near that is pretty big. They also could keep construction going with out interrupting anything because its so out of the way.

^ I think we would've heard about Mean Streaks closure by now if it was closing. I have my doubts about it happening at all, but I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up for it happening next year. Don't get your hopes up because you'll probably be really disappointed when it doesn't happen. But at some point, I do expect Cedar Fair to go with RMC. Its only a matter of time...

I think that CF will eventually build an RMC, they have to have noticed that everyone of their rides have been some of the best in the world. They will probably start by have RMC putting topper track on Ghost Rider at Knotts first though. Also has anyone noticed that Mantis has been on the live web cam for the past 4-5 days? It's probably just to annoy us and start speculation but Maybe it is an actual hint to the Rougarou rumors.

I dont understand what there is to test out? Go ride NTAG and iRat and see what amazing coasters they have both become. MS is a beautiful ride to look at. I almost think it would be silly to not have Rocky Mountain do their thing with it.

Cedar Point suffered a power loss tonight:

Cedar Point Loses Power

SANDUSKY, Ohio — According to people at the famous theme park, Cedar Point experienced a power surge Sunday evening – stranding people on some rides for nearly an hour.

FOX 17 freelancer Jon Beckett says the surge happened around 7:30 p.m., while he and his girlfriend were on the Iron Dragon – a suspended roller coaster. Beckett says they were stuck hanging from the coaster for about 20 minutes.

Across the park, Beckett says the Millennium Force – another traditional roller coaster – was stuck for almost an hour. Cars on the track halted near the bottom of one of the coaster’s large climbs.