TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^Sounds like you had a great time. I, personally, don't get the problem people have with Mantis. It might just be my physique or where I tend to ride the ride, but dare I say it: I think it's a great ride and have ridden it up to 4 times a day in some of my recent visits.

Agreed I find it to be very enjoyable and hardly rough. It just has some twists that I think catch people off guard. Still think Floorless trains would be better though..

Hey guys...im gonna be taking my first trip to the park on wed! Got a few questions...will I be able to do everything w/o a fastlane? Im talking about the coasters and some highlight rides. Also, if im there at opening what do you suggest my "game plan" consist of? Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm expecting the changes to mantis, but I believe it might've been Tony that tweeted out a photo of some parkings in between Raptor and Blue Streak. Any ideas of what those could be for?

Cedar Point is making lots for guests to park inside the park. Much easier than walking from the parking lot outside of the park. This is a step-up for Cedar Point, and I hope other parks allow guests to park within the park. Lol.

In all seriousness, I do think that a dark ride could still be possible. Those markings were in the area of the old pirate ship ride building, I believe.

[EDIT] I stand corrected. The markings were by the pavilion, and that's a bit far from the pirate ship ride building.

I'm expecting the changes to mantis, but I believe it might've been Tony that tweeted out a photo of some parkings in between Raptor and Blue Streak. Any ideas of what those could be for?

Cedar Point is making lots for guests to park inside the park. Much easier than walking from the parking lot outside of the park. This is a step-up for Cedar Point, and I hope other parks allow guests to park within the park. Lol.

In all seriousness, I do think that a dark ride could still be possible. Those markings were in the area of the old pirate ship ride building, I believe.

[EDIT] I stand corrected. The markings were by the pavilion, and that's a bit far from the pirate ship ride building.

sorry, typo. Meant markings!

sorry, typo. Meant markings!

I'll take a look the next time I'm at Cedar Point.

Hey guys...im gonna be taking my first trip to the park on wed! Got a few questions...will I be able to do everything w/o a fastlane? Im talking about the coasters and some highlight rides. Also, if im there at opening what do you suggest my "game plan" consist of? Any help would be much appreciated!

No, there is no way you can hit all coasters and flat rides w/o fast lane. Buy one. Best money you'll ever spend.

Are you staying at on-site resort?

^^While FastLane is definitely the way to go, it doesn't sound like he has that option. In case he doesn't get one, here is a decent plan of attack...

Wednesday might possibly be the best day to visit the park in the summer, but I would imagine that it still be pretty crowded unless the weather is iffy. Even if it is a sunny day however, I would imagine that you should have enough time to get the major attractions in one day, but you might have to sacrifice some of the flats, shows and other attractions.

Without a FastLane, I would recommend driving to the back of the park (especially if you have early entry or a Platinum Pass) in the morning and parking in the Soak City parking lot. From there, you can hit up either Maverick or MF first and then maybe zoom around and jump in line for TTD before the line gets really long.

Of course, your game plan depends on the time of day you get there. If you show up at noon or later, then you most likely won't get any advantage parking in the back lot and might just as well just park in the main lot and start at the front and work your way around. Lines will most likely be long for all of the major coasters by then.

If you show up before the park opens and decide to park in the main lot, skip all the rides/crowds at the front of the park and head for the back. MF, Maverick and TTD (inevitable) will most likely already have fairly long lines due to early entry, but you should be able to get short waits on Skyhawk, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Mantis, Power Tower & Mean Streak after 10:00.

Have fun!

I can definitely see an expansion for Soak City. Perhaps we will see the dated challenge park attractions moved/removed to make way for new/relocated slides. Water parks are popular now and a lot of places seem to be doubling down on them. Soak City leaves a lot to be desired considering it is attached to "The greatest amusement park in the world".

Also, the Mantis renovations are happening. It already has paint swatches on the track.

I can definitely see an expansion for Soak City. Perhaps we will see the dated challenge park attractions moved/removed to make way for new/relocated slides. Water parks are popular now and a lot of places seem to be doubling down on them. Soak City leaves a lot to be desired considering it is attached to "The greatest amusement park in the world".

Also, the Mantis renovations are happening. It already has paint swatches on the track.

Maybe those marking around Raptor are for the relocating of SkyScraper and RipCord. That's add some space to the park which they are in big need of.

Where did the idea originate that Mantis was getting floorless trains? Was/is there any real evidence to hint towards this?

There is no concrete evidence whatsoever. The idea originated a few years ago by some fans that thought it was a good idea and could be possibly plausible (never said it was going to happen or anything like that). It took off from there. However, there has been no signs at the park except for some paint on Mantis. As soon as the paint appeared, everyone believed it was a floorless conversion. In reality, it could just be a new name or paint job. But as soon as the paint appeared, everyone just goes right to the "ITS HAPPENING" mentality!

I'm expecting the changes to mantis, but I believe it might've been Tony that tweeted out a photo of some markings in between Raptor and Blue Streak. Any ideas of what those could be for?

There were some out behind Blue Streak and near Point Pavilion as well. This was on his last blog post.

In reality, take the photos in the blog post with a grain of salt. All the photos included in that post were photos he added because of the speculation on PointBuzz. The only one that seems like it is holding a good clue is the markings on the ground near Blue Streak.

He even ended with "Don't Trust the Lemon Chill guy". The last "lemon chill guy" rumor posted on PointBuzz was the Mantis floorless conversion.

I, for one, would LOVE a dark ride like WMG. However, with next years ride being for Teens & Thrillseekers, I believe the Dark Ride will be saved for families (though it would be nice to have an extremely thrilling dark ride). It could be a coaster/dark ride just like WMG. I also would love a really thrilling flat. Basically, I don't care what it is next year...I'm sure I'll love it and will ride it.

Has anyone else seen/heard any more about the rumored construction near Dragster? I still have yet to see any pictures, or even any descriptions of it, including where it even is.

Also, I read that part of the Point Pavilion is currently blocked. Does anyone have any proof/pictures to back this claim up too?