TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We'll also be doing early entry so want to get the most out of this 1 day up there.

Check the park first and then make your decisions.

Do Maverick, Millennium Force, and Dragster during your early entry. If you have extra time, do GateKeeper, but that needs to warm up and it's faster at night.

^Plus it is usually a much shorter wait in the evening, as is Raptor. I see a lot of people talking about doing GateKeeper during early entry but every time I have been at CP the last few years (admittedly always during the week) it has never been more then 20-25 minutes at most in the evening. I think your early entry time is much better spent on MF and Maverick and getting in line for Dragster then on GateKeeper.

If a dark ride actually happens, I wonder if CP will count it as a coaster like CW did with WMG

Most likely. I mean, they do consider Pipe Scream a coaster, according to their website.

Technically, this type of ride is a (powered) coaster. However, the majority of people (GP included) recognize it as a flat.

^Plus it is usually a much shorter wait in the evening, as is Raptor. I see a lot of people talking about doing GateKeeper during early entry but every time I have been at CP the last few years (admittedly always during the week) it has never been more then 20-25 minutes at most in the evening. I think your early entry time is much better spent on MF and Maverick and getting in line for Dragster then on GateKeeper.

Thanks for adding on. CP is my home park so I'm the "geek".

Ok- I'm staying at Breakers Express. Where should I park and which entrance for MF & Maverick early ride? After that I will do Dragster.. Then we'll see from there if I'll need a Fast Lane pass.

If you want to hit Maverick first then park in the Soak City lot and enter by Challenge Park/Magnum. Since that gate is by Dragster you could hit that one first then walk back to Maverick.

When I went dragster wasn't open for early entry. What I did with early entry tickets was park in the soak city lot and enter by magnum, then I went straight to maverick and rode it twice with about a two train wait both times. Then I went to Millennium force and had to wait about ten minutes for it and only rode it once. Early entry time was nearing an end at that point so I walked over and got in line for dragster at around 9:55 and waited until the ride opened at ten.

Oh.... good job Tony. I think something by Raptor/Point Pavilion, floorless trains on Mantis, and Mean Streak is being torn down. Just read this post.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Thanks-For-The-Fun?mobile=0

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Mean Streak being torn down.

He knows of the rumors and speculation. It's made PRETTY obvious all over the internet, so he knows what we're looking at and what we think is happening. Therefore of course he's gonna throw a few things in there to try and throw us off. The park isn't gonna just give everything away like that. It's Cedar Point for gods sake! That being said, He also probably knows exactly what's happening in 2015 so he probably gave some obvious hints that we'll feel stupid for overlooking once they're revealed. Like when they did the Gatekeeper reveal in 2012, I remember a few days prior they posted an animated rendering of raptor with "Isnt Raptor AWESOME?" and something about the big announcement on the 13th of August. yadda yadda yadda that animated picture ended up being the view inside of the keyholes on the Gatekeeper Front Entrance rendering.

1637077187_exhibitA.JPG.5dbfe58107f7a8dae9a8f0d43a8f2aef.JPG

The mentioned facebook post. If you look, you can now tell that the new entrance is right on the bottom of the picture and the keyholes on either side.

gatekeeper01_300dpi_11x17.jpg.96a624ba76ebce114e4568e5190df350.jpg

The zoomed out picture, released the day of the announcement

So though I know its not the same exact idea behind Tony posting all those pictures, I'm just saying, they know how to give *just* enough away as to not confirm/reject anything, but they also are crafty at how they do this, making it fun for Coaster Enthusiasts and even the General Public to speculate.

Oh.... good job Tony. I think something by Raptor/Point Pavilion, floorless trains on Mantis, and Mean Streak is being torn down. Just read this post.

What's that Aquatrax thing about anyway? I found these characters under the picture of a pond: AquaTrax!111!!$1880!)!!?

I wonder....... must just be CP teasing us, the AquaTrax thing seems unlikely......

What's that Aquatrax thing about anyway? I found these characters under the picture of a pond: AquaTrax!111!!$1880!)!!?

I wonder....... must just be CP teasing us, the AquaTrax thing seems unlikely......

Yup that's a inside joke since we all thought Maverick was going to be a AquaTrax.

Anyways, I think we will see a new halloweekends maze (building by Gatekeeper) more pavilions (all the picknick area photos) something to do with Mantis (new trains/sitdown type conversion or cheap redo like SF did). I think that the other 3 photos are throw offs.

Edited by 3Mutts

I went to Cedar Point earlier this week from the 21st-23rd. Just like with Kings Island, I didn't take many photos, but I thought I would share my experience and opinions from my visit.

[General park thoughts] I have been to Cedar Point before back in 2012, so I already knew what to expect ride-wise. However, since then, GateKeeper was added as well as the renovated Gemini Midway. Anyway, I have to say that I love Cedar Point. Sure, a few of the rides are overrated, but it is a great park with great rides, great service, and a great location. I really have nothing bad to say about the park, really. Here are my thoughts on the rides. Some of my opinions have changed since my visit in 2012.

[Millennium Force] I know, it is one of the most overrated coasters in the world, but I still love it regardless. The first drop is simply amazing, the speed is well-maintained, and the hills provide decent air, especially in the back cars. I just love to throw my hands up and have a great time on this ride. It firmly holds the #2 spot on my list.

[Top Thrill Dragster] Honestly, I don't really get this ride. It's very fast and very tall, but that's about it. It's over with before I can even process the ride. I like Xcelerator quite a bit more due to its more intense launch and slightly longer layout. TTD #8 on my list.

[GateKeeper] This was my first B&M Wing Coaster, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! After reading for the past year about how it is sort of a let down, my expectations were quite low. But I thought it was a very good, solid ride. It's not OMG INTENSE, but it isn't supposed to be. It does exactly what a wing coaster should do, and it does it well. It doesn't crack my top 10, but that doesn't mean it's a bad ride.

[Maverick] Here is the star of the show. This coaster has everything--a quick lift, an awesome drop, "twisties", insane airtime, a launch, and banked turns. It is phenomenal in its simplest form. My only complaint are the restraints (I305 restrains would be nice), but that doesn't prevent it from proudly holding the spot as my #1 coaster. It is great. Truly great.

[Magnum XL-200] I rode this once back in 2012, but hardly remember anything about it other than some roughness. I decided to give it another whirl, this time in the "magic" seat (car 1, row 3). That airtime was CRAZY, but it wasn't exactly comfortable. I still think it's a great ride, and it sits right behind TTD at the #9 spot.

[Wicked Twister] This has got to be one of the most underrated coasters. It's a very unique ride that seems to get shadowed by bigger rides. The back rows are my favorite--twisting up the back spike is such a cool feeling. It doesn't crack my top 10, but like GateKeeper, it is still a neat ride. Definitely re-rideable too.

[Mean Streak] Rough and boring. Enough said.

[Mantis] Ouch. This thing could surely use some floorless trains. The ride still wouldn't be super great, but at least one could ride it comfortably.

[Raptor] A very good B&M invert. I prefer Banshee, but it's still a great ride. I think Raptor on par with Silver Bullet (yes, I like Silver Bullet and think it gets a lot of crap it doesn't deserve).

[blue Streak] Nothing much to say here. Standard, classic wooden coaster.

[Power Tower] I think it's worth mentioning that I love Power Tower's launch side. It's very fast and cool, however I like Drop Tower at KI better because of its insanity.

And I think I got most of the major rides out of the way. Overall, I love Cedar Point. It's such a great park. Some parts of it are overrated, but I will always love it and want to visit again and again and again in the years to come.

^Sounds like you had a great time. I, personally, don't get the problem people have with Mantis. It might just be my physique or where I tend to ride the ride, but dare I say it: I think it's a great ride and have ridden it up to 4 times a day in some of my recent visits.

I'm calling it now: When 2015 attractions are announced we're gonna look at this and wonder how we figure it out. Here's my prediction though, 2015: Dragster Gets repainted and then Mantis gets repainted and receives floor-less trains while the surrounding area receives and update. 2016: New dark ride (in the old Pirate ride building) and new pavilions along with a refresh of the Midway by Blue Streak. Also Mean Streak will close in august. 2017: Mean streak will be most likely replaced by a very large(150-180 FT tall) GCI or Skyline Attractions woodie and the surrounding area will be refreshed.

I would love for Mantis to get a re-paint and go back to the Banshee name, though it is too close to KI to ever do that. Though I do think the floorless trains are coming.

I do agree with the new haunt near Gatekeeper. Would be a good additional spot since there are no longer any haunts in that area of the park since DT has been demolished.

For the picture with Mean Streak. I think that was just thrown in there to get peoples hopes up, only to be disappointed with another year of rough brain damage.