TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Has anyone on the boards done a VIP tour at Cedar Point? If you have, was your guide able to watch your belongings while you were on the ride? Were you able to pick your seat every ride? Did you tip your guide? If so, how much? We have never done anything like this before and have no idea what common courtesy would be.

Thanks.

Nothing like a good 2015 tweet by Tony Clark to get those rumors running wild

[attachment=0]new2015.JPG[/attachment]

I was surprised to see nobody discussing that tweet today.

It's quite exciting. But where in the world would they have room for ANOTHER coaster?

Iron mean Streak?

It's quite exciting. But where in the world would they have room for ANOTHER coaster?

Anywhere they want.

What if they built a coaster that went onto the lake? That would b kinda cool.

I honestly don't EVER see this happening. Cool as it may be, a good part of the peninsula is surrounded by a two lane road, another part by a beach, and the far end is covered by campers. Nit only is there to really a good spot for this, but I can only imagine the cost of doing that would be outrageous. And IMO possibly an eyesore.

Cedar Point got the giant macaroni noodle sculpture (AKA #Jonathan) from Kings Island. I've seen one pic of him and he seems to be near the Gemini Midway. (Yes, KICentral's official name for the sculpture is #Jonathan including the hashtag, although I just call him Jonathan.)

Planning first trip up there for a Fri & Sat mid October.

Which Airport to fly to?

Best transportation to hotel & park? (Should I rent a car)

Cheap hotel or one that includes early entry?

Should I do fast lane Friday? (Will definitely do it Sat)

Thanks

I know these questions have been asked plenty of times but I want my upcoming trip (July 21-24) to be an unforgettable experience. Which hotel would be the best fit (convenience/comfort wise) and most importantly, which are the best seats on each coaster ? We'll be driving from Chicago and any tips would be greatly appreciated!

We are going to go to Cedar Point after we attend Banshee Bash. We are going to drive to Sandusky on Saturday the 26th - go to the park that afternoon / evening - and spend all day Sunday the 27th at the park. We are planning on getting Fast Lane on Sunday.

If you all were me - how would you do the park?

We are not staying at the breakers.

Thanks

David

which are the best seats on each coaster ? We'll be driving from Chicago and any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The only rides where I think the seat really matters are:

Top Thrill Dragster: The ride is fun everywhere but it's OMFG insane in the front. This might add up to an hour to your wait time but it's worth it because it's a completely different ride in the front. I suggest riding it twice, once in the seat with the shortest wait so you guarantee yourself a ride as the ride breaks down frequently and then again in the front.

Gatekeeper: I really like this ride in the front seat, specifically on the side of the train that loads over by the Midway and Maxair.

Raptor: Raptor is one of the best coasters at the park and is an incredibly intense and snappy ride. Because of this it has a few moments where it throws you around a tiny bit. To avoid most of that ride it in the front... you get the added benefit of an awesome view and a wait that's only one or two trains longer than the other rows.

Gemeni: Sit on the ride of the train closest to the other train and near the middle. That way you can slap hands with riders on the other side when you go around the slow turns.

A lot of people prefer specific seats on Magnum but I find the experience to be the same everywhere... rough and mediocre. Personally my favorite seat is the front but it's up to you. Maverick and Millennium Force are equally amazing in every seat. I'd suggest one front seat ride on Millennium Force just for the view though. In the back the train feels like it's ripping you through every turn which is also awesome.

Edited by coasterbill

I'd suggest one front seat ride on Millennium Force just for the view though.

And for the bugs! Seriously, if you ride MF in the front row (which is spectacular), keep your mouth closed as much as possible when you're near the ground. My brother and I rode in the front row (in the evening, I think - it was at least 7 years ago) and our white shirts ended up with a lot of dark specks on them.