TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Our family decided to head to the park to get our tickets refunded. The park is doing everything they can. They're even handing out bottles of water for free! Yet people are still screaming at employees and acting like the park had been planning on this happening!!!

I'm at the park as well. Got two rides on MF before the closure. Blah... Any other suggestions for the Sandusky area?

For those who are here, they're giving exit passes to season pass holders instead of ticket refunds.

Looks like the park will not open at all today.

Very sad, feel bad for everyone involved.

Early this morning, the City of Sandusky experienced a water main break on the main line that supplies water to Cedar Point. The City of Sandusky is currently working to repair the system. Without our normal water supply, and due to safety concerns, the park is unable to open today. All guest tickets will be honored on future dates this season. Please visit cedarpoint.com for the latest updates.

I'm at the park as well. Got two rides on MF before the closure. Blah... Any other suggestions for the Sandusky area?

For those who are here, they're giving exit passes to season pass holders instead of ticket refunds.

Not too far away is a cool zoo!

At around 10:25 this morning, I used the bathroom in Hotel Breakers and flushed. Then the water main broke. Coincidence?

Yeah, but still.

My girlfriend and I took a late morning and didn't get up till 10. We were miffed about not having water for a shower but the severity of the situation didn't hit us until we got to the lobby to check out and saw a madhouse of angry people. Someone in a dress shirt with a Cedar Point name tag told us that rooms reserved for last night and today will have total refunds. It was at that point I asked a random person what was going on.

We've been stopped on Perimeter Rd. the past 15 minutes, which has gotten us past Millennium Force. I type this next to the train bays and the dorms. There's quite a few people walking on the road, and my best guess is that they need to get back to the hotels but can't cut through the park. It's crazy.

I feel for everyone who now has a ruined vacation, Cedar Point employees who have been berated by angry guests and the park itself for losing out on what should be one of the first busy Saturdays of the season. We're lucky that we were heading out anyway but this is a completely awful situation all the way around for everyone involved.

Edit: It dawns on me that this is also the first day for a bunch of shows. The Snoopy ice skating show, the Broadway show, and I think one more. This is a disaster is every possible way for absolutely everyone involved. Ugh.

Edited by nesdude

- Millennium Force! Wow! I'm in the "it's fun but forceless" camp but it was hauling yesterday (even in the morning) by night ERT it had been running for 16/17 hours and I don't think I've ever see it run faster. The hill next to station was ejector air as was the return hill from the island (not as powerful but not the usual just floater). Am I crazy or did anyone else sense it was running really fast? Like I said even in the morning it was flying - you can always tell by how fast it hits the final brakes.

I completely agree with what you've said about Millennium. I was blown away with how well the ride was running yesterday during the morning ERT and at night especially. Comparing it to my previous visits to CP, the floater air on the big hill felt much stronger than usual and the tiny hop next to the station was delivering with some really sweet ejector air by the end of the night. I ended up riding 8 times yesterday and by the end of the event I was glad that MF was swapped out for TTD being down..

I feel for everyone who now has a ruined vacation, Cedar Point employees who have been berated by angry guests and the park itself for losing out on what should be one of the first busy Saturdays of the season. We're lucky that we were heading out anyway but this is a completely awful situation all the way around for everyone involved.

Just goes to show how stupid people can be. Yes, it's a bummer that it happened and I feel bad for families that just had their expensive vacation ruined, but it wasn't the parks fault and they should be smart enough to realize that without getting belligerent.

Do these idiots think that CP would deliberately shut the park down on a beautiful Saturday afternoon losing tons of revenue just to spite their family? And what does berating the poor employees accomplish? Hearing & seeing people act in this manner of entitlement just sickens me anymore...what a bunch of tools.

For those in the area looking for something to do, I bet it would be a great day to take the ferry over to one of the Lake Erie Islands. Put In Bay is great for the over 21 crowd with lots of bars, shops and restaurants and there are some things for the younger crowd (rent bikes, golf carts, etc)

Another option would be to head to Cleveland. I believe that the water park at Geauga Lake is still open for those that may have Platinum Passes. Either that or hit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...or as one other person mentioned, hit the Cleveland Zoo.

It rained for the majority of the two days when we were there last time, but instead of pissing and moaning about it, we just went out and found stuff to do while we waited for the rain to stop - which it did and then the park was dead!

Edit: Glad to hear about MF running faster. It was definitely sluggish when we were there, but I assumed it was because it was quite chilly.

ouch. that sucks. Cedar Point is gonna take a major hit from this.

From what I understand, they are honoring all tickets and such for future visits. I know it sucks for people who traveled long distance and made this their vacation, but I don't imagine it should take more than a day to repair. Hell, here in our little small town we have that happen and it is good to go by the next morning...

As for MF, I rode it last night and while fast, it wasn't really ejector as much as it was long, semi-intense floater. Maverick was running insanely fast last night, however.

I got my first rides ever on MF and Maverick this week. Both are my top two coasters, with MF being #1. Maverick would be #1 if the OTSR's weren't so horrible.

As for MF, I rode it last night and while fast, it wasn't really ejector as much as it was long, semi-intense floater. Maverick was running insanely fast last night, however.

I got my first rides ever on MF and Maverick this week. Both are my top two coasters, with MF being #1. Maverick would be #1 if the OTSR's weren't so horrible.

For me, the OTSR's sucked the first couple of times I rode it because I had no idea when twisty bits were coming to brace appropriately. Now that I know the coaster better, it's easy to avoid smacking them. It sucks that you have to know how to ride the coaster to enjoy it, but it is what it is, I suppose.

Yeah, Maverick is a great ride, but the restraints really make it less enjoyable. Millennium doesn't have nearly as much airtime, but it's a fast and crazy ride with comfortable seats.

Also, GateKeeper was one of the biggest surprises of the trip. I found it to have lots of forces (not really as much as older B&Ms, but fairly close) and some fun elements. I think I enjoyed it more since I went in with low expectations.

Raptor was disappointing. I didn't experience any of the forces people seem to be racing about. I also found its layout to be pretty boring. It's a good ride, but not as good as people seen to say it is.

RESORTS UPDATE (2:31 p.m.) - The Cedar Point Resorts properties on the peninsula, which include Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites and Lighthhouse Point, will be closed tonight, June 7th and Sunday night, June 8th. Guests can contact the reservation office at 419-627-2106 to cancel or reschedule your reservation. Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark Resort and Breakers Express remain open.

Things seem to still look bleak...

Raptor was disappointing. I didn't experience any of the forces people seem to be racing about. I also found its layout to be pretty boring. It's a good ride, but not as good as people seen to say it is.

I love raptor but I wasn't positively surprised by it: it was exactly what I expected, actually. It may not have the Gs of the batman clones but I felt it was close and the longer layout makes up for that. It's not so much about hitting a certain amount of Gs, I think, but the way the elements are taken (especially the zero G and corkscrews) that makes me like it a lot (even the jerky turn into the brake run seems to contribute to that). If thee was something I could change it would be the straight between the corkscrews (which sort of breaks the pacing) and the really slow MCBR, even though that has the advantage that it can't take a lot of speed from the train.