TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

On X2 at SFMM they literally force you to pay $1 and rent a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo right before you load the train because they don't tell you before entering the line beforehand that you can't have loose articles.

By now, most normal people should know that loose articles are not permitted on any rides. If you feel a need to drag useless items around in an amusement park then you should have to ante up the fee for your stupidity. On the other hand if you have kids or medical reasons, that is a different story.

Honestly I like the storage area at Great Bear in Hershey with the sliding door to cover up the running trains loose articles while the returning train can grab their stuff and get outta there. It seems to work really well.

Also, as a side note... as of today, Snake River Falls is up and running.

Speaking of loose articles... is anyone else completely sick and tired of basketballs being given out as prizes for midway games? EVERY year, I almost get run over by some NBA hopefulls that feel the need to bounce these things all over the park while going from ride to ride...

Maybe I'm just getting old.

-=CoasterBP

Speaking of loose articles... is anyone else completely sick and tired of basketballs being given out as prizes for midway games? EVERY year, I almost get run over by some NBA hopefulls that feel the need to bounce these things all over the park while going from ride to ride...

-=CoasterBP

Yep....worst prize ever.

-=CoasterBP

Yes those are quite annoying, tho it's not nearly as bad at CP as it is at my home park SFMM. Much more inner city crowd so they all wanna be the next Kobe

Speaking as a ride host, I wish we had a no lose article policy for every ride or at least every coaster. It would help us out a lot. Some people do not have the urgency to get back to there seats in a timely fashion to send the train at interval.

^Agreed. Plus there are always issues with people putting their iPhones in bins and someone spilling their souvenir cup all over and blaming the ride hosts. I remember one time (after we had been told that we weren't allowed to take items from guests and put them in the bins for them), a woman who was mad that we wouldn't take her $500 sunglasses and guard them for her threw the sunglasses at us as the train was leaving the station. Not fun.

^Agreed. Plus there are always issues with people putting their iPhones in bins and someone spilling their souvenir cup all over and blaming the ride hosts. I remember one time (after we had been told that we weren't allowed to take items from guests and put them in the bins for them), a woman who was mad that we wouldn't take her $500 sunglasses and guard them for her threw the sunglasses at us as the train was leaving the station. Not fun.

She wasn't ejected from the park??? That's assault by definition...

^To be clearer, I don't think she was trying to hurt us and actually hit us, it was more of a "here, these are your problem now" gesture. Still not acceptable behavior, but again this happened years ago and I don't entirely recall how it got resolved. I'm certain it ended up being handled appropriately. The part that stood out in my mind was a woman who chucked her sunglasses towards us after making a huge deal about how special they were.

The simple solution is to do what six flags has done for the souvenir cups....put racks that are numbered on the platform to store the cups in.

Not only is it a convenience to the guests, but it would promote more sales of the cups as its less of a hassle. And it does not take enough time to impact ride operations to put the cup in it.

I think the big problem is not necessary the people with sunglasses or cell phones, but it's these people that have to carry a backpack and several other large items around with them. If it is medicine, than first aid can help hold it for you at no charge. If it's clothing, than either store it in the car, or pay a couple of dollars for a locker. I couldn't imagine having to carry a backpack around with me all day at a theme park.

Magnum's bins have moved from being turned backwards in the station to under the station, so it is safe to assume that they are gone for good. A friend of mine who works at magnum said that they are now having issues with people jumping over fences to sneak bags into the queue. Also the area in front of the ride is being littered with peoples bags and cups. I understand there is only so much the person at the front entrance can do to stop this behavior, but I would like to see these left items thrown away or taken to lost and found to be claimed. It is annoying to pay for a locker and then see some kids stash their things behind a bench.

I just went to Thorpe for the first time yesterday and was very pleased with their loose article policy that they have on some of the coasters (Saw, Stealth, X, and Swarm). They have a station where you hand them your bag, they put it in a cubby and hand you a wristband that had the corresponding number to the bin. When you get off the ride, you hand the worker the wristband and they get your bag. It worked really well (except for on Swarm as it was placed right at the merge of the normal, fast track, and backwards lines so there was no easy way to access it).

At Kings Island yesterday I was surprised that at Diamondback the employees were taking the loose articles from the riders before they boarded and placed them in the bins themselves and at Banshee they had riders leave their flip flops and the employees would move them to the appropriate area.

^To be clearer, I don't think she was trying to hurt us and actually hit us, it was more of a "here, these are your problem now" gesture. Still not acceptable behavior, but again this happened years ago and I don't entirely recall how it got resolved. I'm certain it ended up being handled appropriately. The part that stood out in my mind was a woman who chucked her sunglasses towards us after making a huge deal about how special they were.

If that were the case, I might have "accidentally" stepped on her $500 pair of sunglasses after the train rolled out of the station and then told her upon return that if she would have properly utilized the bins or left them with a non-rider that they wouldn't have been damaged "accidentally".

But then again, I tend to be a mean person when it comes to people from Planet Stupidity.

Sorry if I sound stupid here, but where did the name "fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo" come from? I know it's a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, but what on earth is that name?

But not knowing is half the fun!

^ When we were there two weeks ago, it was not even a quarter of the way done.

The website says it will open this month, but no specific day was listed. I am sure that they will be able to make good time on it though as it looked like all of the pieces needed were on the back side of Gemini.

174.JPG.6d2ff38ebd54c8e36c7d539c5c282bff.JPG

As of May17th.

Honestly I like the storage area at Great Bear in Hershey with the sliding door to cover up the running trains loose articles while the returning train can grab their stuff and get outta there. It seems to work really well.

^Six Flags Great America has started using that sliding door this year for a few of its coasters, though I don't know if any other Six Flags parks are using that system.

Six Flags Mexico use that system since a couple of years and it works really good!

Is sling shot almost done being constructed??

I wonder how much it will cost compared to other parks

Also, anyone know when it is scheduled to open?

According to that aviation website, the construction frame was supposed to be from March to June, so it should be finished soon.

Went to the park today and forecast said rain all day which luckily never even happened! It was partly cloudy pretty much the whole day. The downer of it, was the wind... Gatekeeper, Raptor, Sky Ride, Windseeker and TTD (half of the day) were closed all day due to wind.

So started off the day going right to Gatekeeper, sat around for 20 minutes at the entrance to have no action occur (we had hope since one train did a test run as we were entering the park). Moving on... walked over to Iron Dragon. 2 train wait. Good ride per usual. Next up was Millennium and the line was just at the bottom of the ramp! Awesome! Next up was Maverick and the line was just a little bit in the queu house. Great ride as usual! After that we got some food at the Roundup and got two chicken tender combos... each was 14.99 each with a drink, fries, and strips. Seemed a little steep seeing as for two baskets it was like 32 dollars.

Next we rode the antique cars which was a walk on, then after that we walked onto Mine Ride, then went to Mean Streak and waited about one cycle for the front row. Hey, we got to be the only people on the train too! We then decided to take the train up front to see if GK and Raptor had opened back up. No luck. Walked over to Blue Streak and had a pretty good ride and then rode Giant Wheel after. Next we went over to Magnum and once again, another walk on! At this point it was getting kind of hot so next we went to Shoot the Rapids... pretty much a walk on like most rides of the day. Checked out the new petting farm next. It was actually kind of cool. They got llamas, baby pigs, and some other animals too. We then took a spin on Mine Ride again and next took a spin on Gemini. With the light crowds it was good to see them running both sides. As far as Slingshot goes... well, no progress has really been made since opening day.

Next we wanted to ride TTD since it seemed to be running well all day! Too late, closed for the day. High winds? Mechanical? No clue. We then walked over to ID and took a spin on that again, then took another spin on Millennium as well.

Dinner time rolled around and we decide decided to head over and check out Chickie and Pete's, on the way we took a ride on Cadillac Cars.

I was throughly disappointed in the place. The menu was very limited I thought and the prices were pretty steep even for CP standards. 10 bucks for just a burger! Then add 9 for crab fries. Almost 20 bucks for a burger and fries. The fries were decent I guess but not as good as everyone claims them to be. The burger pretty much sucked too. Very dry. Friday's blows it out of the water. Heck even Game Day Grille was much better in my opinion.

So as for the wind policy. Is it too strict? It was breezy but only about 20 mph winds. I can udnerstasnd Sky Ride being shut down for the day but GK and Raptor? How can Mantis run all day but not these two?

Went to the park today and forecast said rain all day which luckily never even happened! It was partly cloudy pretty much the whole day. The downer of it, was the wind... Gatekeeper, Raptor, Sky Ride, Windseeker and TTD (half of the day) were closed all day due to wind.

So started off the day going right to Gatekeeper, sat around for 20 minutes at the entrance to have no action occur (we had hope since one train did a test run as we were entering the park). Moving on... walked over to Iron Dragon. 2 train wait. Good ride per usual. Next up was Millennium and the line was just at the bottom of the ramp! Awesome! Next up was Maverick and the line was just a little bit in the queu house. Great ride as usual! After that we got some food at the Roundup and got two chicken tender combos... each was 14.99 each with a drink, fries, and strips. Seemed a little steep seeing as for two baskets it was like 32 dollars.

Next we rode the antique cars which was a walk on, then after that we walked onto Mine Ride, then went to Mean Streak and waited about one cycle for the front row. Hey, we got to be the only people on the train too! We then decided to take the train up front to see if GK and Raptor had opened back up. No luck. Walked over to Blue Streak and had a pretty good ride and then rode Giant Wheel after. Next we went over to Magnum and once again, another walk on! At this point it was getting kind of hot so next we went to Shoot the Rapids... pretty much a walk on like most rides of the day. Checked out the new petting farm next. It was actually kind of cool. They got llamas, baby pigs, and some other animals too. We then took a spin on Mine Ride again and next took a spin on Gemini. With the light crowds it was good to see them running both sides. As far as Slingshot goes... well, no progress has really been made since opening day.

Next we wanted to ride TTD since it seemed to be running well all day! Too late, closed for the day. High winds? Mechanical? No clue. We then walked over to ID and took a spin on that again, then took another spin on Millennium as well.

Dinner time rolled around and we decide decided to head over and check out Chickie and Pete's, on the way we took a ride on Cadillac Cars.

I was throughly disappointed in the place. The menu was very limited I thought and the prices were pretty steep even for CP standards. 10 bucks for just a burger! Then add 9 for crab fries. Almost 20 bucks for a burger and fries. The fries were decent I guess but not as good as everyone claims them to be. The burger pretty much sucked too. Very dry. Friday's blows it out of the water. Heck even Game Day Grille was much better in my opinion.

So as for the wind policy. Is it too strict? It was breezy but only about 20 mph winds. I can udnerstasnd Sky Ride being shut down for the day but GK and Raptor? How can Mantis run all day but not these two?

CP has a notoriously draconian weather policy. I imagine GK's trains catch the wind, and I guess Raptor is not quite as aerodynamic as some other coasters. Mantis, I do not know. Sky Ride shuts down for practically any wind at all.