TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think getting rid of loose item bins (everywhere) is a great idea. It slows the loading and unloading of the trains. I bet Cedar Fair goes to what they are running on Banshee.

I love the way they run Banshee with the exception of the grouper. Because of the grouper rows were constantly going out empty as they always missed entire rows and I do think it's annoying when you can't wait for the front or back seat if you choose to do so. Sometimes they let you wait, other times they don't and it just depends on who's working. Just let the people who want to wait wait and put the next group in the next empty row (to their credit some people were doing this).

What I was impressed with was the locker policy and flip flop policy. They just tell everyone to take a seat and they'll take the flip flops for them ( It's a great idea as it's the only loose article you do have to be concerned with just because of the nature of inverted coasters.), and if you have any other loose articles when you reach the platform you have to take them with you or not ride. They don't waste time with overweight riders either... they'll give one or two pushes on the restraint and then they have to leave. They're not mean about it, but they don't waste time either.

The only thing I take issue with is the souvenir cups. Parks should always allow you to store them for free, otherwise they'll end up losing money because a lot of people will stop buying them. I'm not saying you should store them on the platform, but they should have special storage locations for them somewhere... even Six Flags figured this out.

For those that don't already now (unless this is news to everyone), GateKeeper has been removed from Fast Lane and added back to Fast Lane Plus. So, that means Maverick is back on regular old Fast Lane? Nope. FL+ is now three additional rides over FL. Prices have also been hiked on both tickets since 2013, and no new rides have been added to the system this year.

I'm not too happy with this decision. For those that can only visit once in the summer, like myself, prices are even higher than advertised, and are hiked to over $100 for FL+. Flash Pass, anyone?

^It's supply an demand. I would expect them to continue to rise until they find find a price point that is no longer maximizing profit for the park. GateKeeper is usually less then 15 minutes on weekday evenings anyway.

For those that don't already now (unless this is news to everyone), GateKeeper has been removed from Fast Lane and added back to Fast Lane Plus. So, that means Maverick is back on regular old Fast Lane? Nope. FL+ is now three additional rides over FL. Prices have also been hiked on both tickets since 2013, and no new rides have been added to the system this year.

I'm not too happy with this decision. For those that can only visit once in the summer, like myself, prices are even higher than advertised, and are hiked to over $100 for FL+. Flash Pass, anyone?

This is disappointing, but at the same time I understand completely why the park is doing it. If they continually sell out of passes, it is a good idea for them to raise the price until demand just starts to slip. If it means short lines, I have no problem paying more for Fast Lane as I rarely get a chance to visit the park and have limited time there. For example, I'll be going this year and only have a day and a half. When I last visited (2008), I only had one day. As I have no idea how long it will be before I visit again, the investment makes perfect sense.

The one qualifier on this, however, is that there needs to be enough benefit to Fast Lane to justify the cost. IMO, at the prices they charge, the pass better be limited enough so that lines are 15-20 minutes max. I wouldn't be very happy to spend $100 on a Fast Lane and still wait 45 minutes per ride. If I spend 3 times the average visitor and can't do at least 3 times the number of attractions, it is just a rip-off.

By the way I'm not sure if this has been discussed but it looks like Shoot the Rapids has reopened.

I can confirm this. Shoot the Rapids and Thunder Canyon are both open. However, Snake River Falls has been silent all week and not a soul has been seen near it all week either....

-=CoasterBP

This is disappointing, but at the same time I understand completely why the park is doing it. If they continually sell out of passes, it is a good idea for them to raise the price until demand just starts to slip. If it means short lines, I have no problem paying more for Fast Lane as I rarely get a chance to visit the park and have limited time there. For example, I'll be going this year and only have a day and a half. When I last visited (2008), I only had one day. As I have no idea how long it will be before I visit again, the investment makes perfect sense.

The one qualifier on this, however, is that there needs to be enough benefit to Fast Lane to justify the cost. IMO, at the prices they charge, the pass better be limited enough so that lines are 15-20 minutes max. I wouldn't be very happy to spend $100 on a Fast Lane and still wait 45 minutes per ride. If I spend 3 times the average visitor and can't do at least 3 times the number of attractions, it is just a rip-off.

Your point is exactly what I was getting at. I had regular Fast Lane for one day last summer, and by the afternoon the Maverick FL queue was completely full, which was probably at least 45 minutes, if not more. Because if this, I understand why they moved Maverick over to FL+. However, they kept GateKeeper on FL+, which lowers the value of regular FL by being three rides less instead of two not offered. The price increase over 2013 lowers the value (meaning whether it's worth the cost) even more.

By the way I'm not sure if this has been discussed but it looks like Shoot the Rapids has reopened.

It has. My friend and I rode both it and Thunder Canyon. Not much is different about STR since the accident. However, they still don't load the middle row of each boat.

I think getting rid of loose item bins (everywhere) is a great idea. It slows the loading and unloading of the trains. I bet Cedar Fair goes to what they are running on Banshee.

I love the way they run Banshee with the exception of the grouper. Because of the grouper rows were constantly going out empty as they always missed entire rows and I do think it's annoying when you can't wait for the front or back seat if you choose to do so. Sometimes they let you wait, other times they don't and it just depends on who's working. Just let the people who want to wait wait and put the next group in the next empty row (to their credit some people were doing this).

What I was impressed with was the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy and flip flop policy. They just tell everyone to take a seat and they'll take the flip flops for them ( It's a great idea as it's the only loose article you do have to be concerned with just because of the nature of inverted coasters.), and if you have any other loose articles when you reach the platform you have to take them with you or not ride. They don't waste time with overweight riders either... they'll give one or two pushes on the restraint and then they have to leave. They're not mean about it, but they don't waste time either.

The only thing I take issue with is the souvenir cups. Parks should always allow you to store them for free, otherwise they'll end up losing money because a lot of people will stop buying them. I'm not saying you should store them on the platform, but they should have special storage locations for them somewhere... even Six Flags figured this out.

When I was at CP last year we just hid our cups in bushes around MF and TTD. But there should be a better system for that.

Magnum removed the bins from the station. They are currently directing people witg bags and other stuff to the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo by TTD. I can see Cedar Point going the way of Six Flags on loose articles.

While this benefits capacity (which Cedar Point is known to excel in already), I see a wave of complaints about how Cedar Fair is just being money grabbers coming in if they further implement this to all of the coasters. I do wish the one time use lockers were free for 2 hours max though...

Magnum removed the bins from the station. They are currently directing people witg bags and other stuff to the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo by TTD. I can see Cedar Point going the way of Six Flags on loose articles.

While this benefits capacity (which Cedar Point is known to excel in already), I see a wave of complaints about how Cedar Fair is just being money grabbers coming in if they further implement this to all of the coasters. I do wish the one time use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo were free for 2 hours max though...

They used to be like that. Then they brought bins into the stations like, I dunno, 6-7 years ago?

Hey everybody, for the Millennium walk backs for the first ride in the morning during the weekend, how do you get to the marina entrance? First, am I correct that the marina entrance is the one by Famous Daves? Second is there parking over there, or do I have to park in the main lot then walk around?

If HW can provide free soft drinks, why can't CP (who makes tons more money than HW) offer free locker rental in the queue station? And to prevent people from taking advantage, having their locker pop wide open the second the hour is up

If HW can provide free soft drinks, why can't CP (who makes tons more money than HW) offer free fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental in the queue station? And to prevent people from taking advantage, having their fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo pop wide open the second the hour is up

Because thats the reason they make more money than HW lol

My biggest gripe about loose articles is the souvenir drink cups. Why is there no place on the platform to store these?

I like what six flags has done and put a storage bin with numbers on it for the cups. Not only is it a convenience for guests, but it would promote the sales of the cups as well.

While this benefits capacity (which Cedar Point is known to excel in already), I see a wave of complaints about how Cedar Fair is just being money grabbers coming in if they further implement this to all of the coasters. I do wish the one time use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo were free for 2 hours max though...

At least they are giving you the option to use a locker before you load for the ride, so I see it as a plus. On X2 at SFMM they literally force you to pay $1 and rent a locker right before you load the train because they don't tell you before entering the line beforehand that you can't have loose articles.

And I don't know if it's just me, but I really hope CF isn't going to go in a minor "Six Flags direction". With the addition of FunTV (which, in the end, is for ads and promoting sales) and the enforcement of renting lockers, I hope it stays to a minimum. The last thing I would like with this new Cedar Fair era is putting ads all over the park (not saying it will happen, but some small minor changes sort of point that direction...)

While FunTV does endorse meal plans and platinum passes, I really actually think it's done tastefully. You aren't getting slapped in the faces with the advertisements and I see nothing wrong with self promotion. I don't see it in a way like Six Flags who will promote almost anything to make a buck. After working at the park this season and being next to a FunTV for many hours already, it really is a majority of trivia, fun facts and music videos, with a Cedar Fair promotion working itself in there during that cycle.