TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Thanks for the advice! Hmmm you're right...I saw the Math and Science week this week, but I didn't see the Leadership Day or the Amusement 101 thing next week. Hopefully, that won't be too much of a problem, and we'll at least have the nights after they leave? Anyone have any suggestion for places to eat. And does anyone know when Thunder Canyon and Shoot the Rapids open?

Thunder Canyon and Snake River Falls always open up the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Shoot the Rapids would be open normally by now but because of what happened last July I have no clue. Apparently on the winter tour they said it would be reopening, but I wasn't on that tour so yeah not sure on the status of that ride.

We decided last night that we would go this weekend to renew our PP's and take advantage of the night ERT on TTD on Friday and MF/Maverick on Saturday night (provided it doesn't rain, of course).

I was impressed that they were offering $89 per night two bed rooms at the Breakers and $79 at Breakers Express for their season pass appreciation days. Of course when I booked last night, the two bed rooms at the Breakers were sold out and a one king room for two nights ended up costing me something like $235...but that's still not that bad for Breakers for two nights. And if it rains, at least we can walk down to TGI Friday's and drink our sorrows away!

Anyone know if the Breakers room refurbishments are complete? Seeing some photos on here looked like they were still working on the exterior, but I was wondering if all of the internal remodeling was finished?

I was wondering if we will be getting one of the refurbished rooms or one of the circa 1950 style rooms.

No...only the exterior of the hotel is being done this year. Next year they will focus on the inside. That seems pretty high for a room. To be honest, the rooms at breakers are nothing special and not worth the dollar amount they are asking. Look at the reviews on trip adviser.

There are a TON of local hotels in the area that you can book for 1/4 the price of breakers that are actually nicer as well. If you need help or suggestions, I would be more than happy to help you. We have stayed at most hotels in the area over the years.

^ ^We have stayed at the Breakers a few times and you are right in that they are not the best, but if you want the convenience of being near the park entrance, $117 per night isn't too horrible. I think that the high season weekend rate is much more than $115, no?

We got a room last year at the Motel 6 near the Rt. 2 Rye Beach exit for about $50/60 per night, but the drive from the park to the hotel after walking around a park all day wasn't as nice as being able to just walk back to the hotel and kick your shoes off & have a drink whenever you want (and the new room styles are horrendously decorated).

We have also stayed at the (Thirsty Pony) Quality Inn hotel and the Rodeway Inn (both ghetto & overpriced) so haven't had a ton of success with hotels close in proximity to CP.

I guess that I just didn't do my homework as I thought that the older rooms were being remodeled during the off season and that the exterior would be a work in progress. I knew that it was a two year project, but was figuring that the older rooms would be the first to be done over the winter.

^ I love Hampton Inn's but their price for two double beds for this Friday night is $159 (minus taxes and fees)???

Edited by Philrad71

^ ^We have stayed at the Breakers a few times and you are right in that they are not the best, but if you want the convenience of being near the park entrance, $117 per night isn't too horrible. I think that the high season weekend rate is much more than $115, no?

We got a room last year at the Motel 6 near the Rt. 2 Rye Beach exit for about $50/60 per night, but the drive from the park to the hotel after walking around a park all day wasn't as nice as being able to just walk back to the hotel and kick your shoes off & have a drink whenever you want (and the new room styles are horrendously decorated).

We have also stayed at the (Thirsty Pony) Quality Inn hotel and the Rodeway Inn (both ghetto & overpriced) so haven't had a ton of success with hotels close in proximity to CP.

I guess that I just didn't do my homework as I thought that the older rooms were being remodeled during the off season and that the exterior would be a work in progress. I knew that it was a two year project, but was figuring that the older rooms would be the first to be done over the winter.

^ I love Hampton Inn's but their price for two double beds for this Friday night is $159 (minus taxes and fees)???

I just stayed 3 nights for opening weeeknd at the motel 6 in huron for $37 a nite. the room was clean and refurbished. cant beat that price.

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on rye beach road for $40 a night. Clean rooms, indoor pool and hot tub...very nice.

That is the same Motel 6 that we stayed at last year.

I agree that it was clean & cheap, but I am definitely not a fan of the new layout of the rooms with the laminated faux wood floors and putrid coloring & decorations of their rooms. Yes, it's a clean bed and a bathroom with a tv, but who in the heck was their interior design engineer? Good Lord...lime green with laminated wooden floors? Akkkk!!

Caveat: Hotel Breakers in it's current state is certainly nothing to write home about either (especially for the price) so I am definitely not trying to play the CP resort fanboy here. I just really dislike the new design of the Motel 6 hotel rooms.

I recommend staying on site. --------- Nothing like walking back to the room for a few midday drinks, or hanging out on the the beach to end the night. Not to mention being able to enter the park an hour early,and never having to leave the peninsula. There are many perks that negate the premium you'll be paying for the hotel room.

I have been to cedar point twice. Once I stayed at Breakers, The other, I stayed off the point. I firmly believe that staying on the point is worth the premium. It is very nice to be able to walk to and from the park. We would go back to the room for lunch everyday. It was a great chance to get out of the sun for a little while, and eat some food that is much less greasy than park food.

I may be in the minority here, but those motels near the park are beyond creepy. I am surprised a larger chain hotel has not been built (Hilton for example), likely due to the seasonal nature of the area. Breakers Express was nice though when we stayed overnight when working at the park.

I would never stay at any of the budget motels myself though... Yes, it is just a place to sleep... But I want it to be VERY clean and know there are standards being followed in terms of cleanliness. I would gladly pay more for that comfort.

Curious how Breakers will look after the renovations... We may have to check it out next year when it is complete on a weekend when we are there. I only live an hour away though, so staying over is never really required. But it could be nice on a weekend.

I may be in the minority here, but those motels near the park are beyond creepy. I am surprised a larger chain hotel has not been built (Hilton for example), likely due to the seasonal nature of the area. Breakers Express was nice though when we stayed overnight when working at the park.

I would never stay at any of the budget motels myself though... Yes, it is just a place to sleep... But I want it to be VERY clean and know there are standards being followed in terms of cleanliness. I would gladly pay more for that comfort.

Curious how Breakers will look after the renovations... We may have to check it out next year when it is complete on a weekend when we are there. I only live an hour away though, so staying over is never really required. But it could be nice on a weekend.

A bunch of them are ghetto. I like the hotel that has the "Ghetto" painting of the CP Skyline on the side.

Or should I say, I like the painting. Not the hotel.

I'm not sure what the motel name was that we stayed in. But, it was the one right across the road from the big CP entrance sign. The lobby has a microwave, and you have to turn a dial to the certain time.