TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Im not sure if this has been discussed, but I have heard some rumors that Magnum will be getting some love for its 25th aniversery. Ive heard the possibility of it getting new control panels, its trains getting repainted, and other light refurbs. Im not sure how accurate they are as I heard it from a friend of friend.

Cedar Point is on the High End of Up Charges, so I would imagine the cost being $25-$30 with a Re-Launch $20-$25. I can't believe they are still Charging what they are for Single and Double Flyers on RipCord.

Skyscraper is pretty cheap though at only $10 or 2 for 1 if you have a platinum pass. However this being in the park I am sure will change things.

Hi everyone! I am trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point a bit after I get out of school and was looking for some advice. Originally I planned just on a weekend from the 15th-18th (or perhaps the 22nd-25th) with travel days Thursday and Sunday and two day at the park on Friday and Saturday. I realized that the park is open during week too, and I was wondering if it would be much better to go two days during the week, or if the extra 2 hours the park is open on Friday and Saturday is worth going then. I was also planning on staying in one of the hotels onsite just to make it easier and a bit nicer. Any suggestions there? Any general advice too would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Vigil

Hi everyone! I am trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point a bit after I get out of school and was looking for some advice. Originally I planned just on a weekend from the 15th-18th (or perhaps the 22nd-25th) with travel days Thursday and Sunday and two day at the park on Friday and Saturday. I realized that the park is open during week too, and I was wondering if it would be much better to go two days during the week, or if the extra 2 hours the park is open on Friday and Saturday is worth going then. I was also planning on staying in one of the hotels onsite just to make it easier and a bit nicer. Any suggestions there? Any general advice too would be much appreciated! Thanks!

A big factor will be school groups on the Friday. It could easily be fairly crowded and it could also be pretty dead. I have gone in the middle of the third week of May the past 4 years and had pretty good success. Personally I would say that you would have more success going in the middle of the week of the 19th then on the Friday-Saturday. The previous week is education days and those can get a crowded fast if you hit the wrong one. If you are planning on buying Fast Lane then its probably a toss up as it will allow you to get whatever you want done. We bought Fast Lane last year on a Wed-Thurs and pretty much had walk ons on everything except Maverick.

Anybody else notice the elevator for pipe scream? That couldn't have been cheap. It makes me wonder why they did not just go with a ramp up to the platform instead of the extra cost. They have the room in this area.

Elevators like that aren't too expensive. According to a quick Google search, home models are in the $2000-4000 range. I wouldn't expect the one they got to be too much more than that. A ramp would have fit but it would have been cramped.

Anybody else notice the elevator for pipe scream? That couldn't have been cheap. It makes me wonder why they did not just go with a ramp up to the platform instead of the extra cost. They have the room in this area.

Elevators like that aren't too expensive. According to a quick Google search, home models are in the $2000-4000 range. I wouldn't expect the one they got to be too much more than that. A ramp would have fit but it would have been cramped.

Didn't CP pay for Magnum XL-200 during it's debut season? That's roughly $8 million in 1989 dollars. I'm sure something small like this, even this whole revamped midway, is barely breaking the bank for them.

A two thousand dollar cheap-o home elevator is not the same as an industrial use one. I'd assume the price is closer too, if not higher then fifty grand. On the flip side, I bet the delivery and install on the elevator is quite cheaper then the man hours and other expenses of building a handi-ramp.

I'd peg the midway refurb at around 4 or 5 million dollars with the slingshot addition. Combine that with Gatekeepers 25 million dollar price tag, Cedar Fair has invested 30 million into the Point over the past two years, exactly what they should be putting into the park approximately(in my opinion).

Cedar Point should have themed the queue line better. I expect an air-conditioned queue with couches, tiled flooring, and servers handing out free samples.

But really, this area is turning out very nicely. Should give a nice, clean, yet festive experience for families. Cedar Fair is really starting to impress with their installations.