TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It sounds like Cedar Point is getting a pretty interesting Halloween show this year. If I had to guess, I would say that the show will be located at the Luminosity stage. It could also go to the Goodtime Theater, but Luminosity stage makes more sense to me.

Park News - (3/20/14) Cedar Point will offer something special this fall during HalloWeekends… a live multimedia special performance series by the well known horror music, Midnight Syndicate. “Midnight Syndicate Live - Legacy of Shadows” will perform every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night from Sept. 12 through Nov. 1st.

http://screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Here's the information about the show from the Midnight Syndicate website:

Friday, March 14, 2014

Midnight Syndicate Live! to launch at Cedar Point's HalloWeekends 2014!

After seventeen years, fourteen studio albums, three soundtracks, and a motion picture, Midnight Syndicate is proud to announce that they are teaming up this fall with world famous amusement park Cedar Point to launch their first live performances! Midnight Syndicate Live! Legacy of Shadows, a multimedia horror-themed concert blending live music, theatre, and film will run Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays from Sept. 12 through November 1 at Cedar Point's 18th annual HalloWeekends event.

Midnight Syndicate Live! Legacy of Shadows will mark the first live performances for Edward and Gavin as Midnight Syndicate. In November of last year, the band cancelled their Midnight Syndicate Live! Kickstarter campaign citing an "exciting possible opportunity" that they needed to explore that would result in a "win-win" for both the team and fans alike. "HalloWeekends is the perfect place to launch the first Midnight Syndicate Live! experience," said Douglas. "The venue is awesome and will allow us to fully realize the exciting, one-of-a-kind show we first envisioned. We're also really psyched to be working with a legendary amusement park that Gavin and I grew up with." Charles Bradshaw, Corporate V.P. of Entertainment for Cedar Fair, added, "Working with these industry leading music producers on a live show is an exciting prospect. The final product is going to amaze."

Among those already attached to the project are special effects legend Robert Kurtzman (From Dusk Till Dawn, KNB EFX) and his Creature Corps, David "House" Greathouse (Face Off, Mushroomhead, Dark Legacy), Beki Ingram (Face Off), director Gary Jones (Boogeyman, Axe Giant), 529 Films (Lost), EFX-TEK, and Screamline Studios.

Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, is the largest amusement park in the world. With an unmatched collection of 72 world-class rides, including 17 thrilling roller coasters, three huge kids' areas, live shows, unique and interesting places to eat and spend the night, a mile-long sandy beach and more, it's easy to see why Cedar Point has consistently been named the "Best Amusement Park in the World."

midnightsyndicate.blogspot.com/2014/03/midnight-syndicate-live-to-launch-at.html

Pipe Scream is moving along.

1504130_603843453042097_1167417473_n.jpg

CP Rundown

Looks amazing, to my knowledge, isn't there going to be a path under Pipe Scream? I hope the GP isn't stupid enough to try to touch the track. It might just be the way I'm looking at it, but the airtime hill or center hill looks tall enough for someone to jump and touch it.

if you use that guy in the picture as reference, you can see theres no way someone could just jump up and touch the track under the hump. That guy's head comes up just over the track and thats at its lowest point on the ground. Itll be fine..

Considering how well Cedar Fair transformed KBF's Boardwalk, I have no doubt that this and VF's Route 76 will be just as good, if not better.

This area definitely felt dull on my visit back in 2012. I'm glad Cedar Fair has been doing these little "family area" additions to their parks. It's yet another step in the right direction for them.

Considering how well Cedar Fair transformed KBF's Boardwalk, I have no doubt that this and VF's Route 76 will be just as good, if not better.

This area definitely felt dull on my visit back in 2012. I'm glad Cedar Fair has been doing these little "family area" additions to their parks. It's yet another step in the right direction for them.

I agree. I can't wait to see the finished product. Valleyfair's too.

I have yet to see it when I'm not in a hurry, but I've checked the cam a few times and seen what looks like a crane in the general area Slingshot will be going up, so I'd keep an eye out for that as well.

If I see it again, I'll screencap it and post it here.

Looks amazing, to my knowledge, isn't there going to be a path under Pipe Scream? I hope the GP isn't stupid enough to try to touch the track. It might just be the way I'm looking at it, but the airtime hill or center hill looks tall enough for someone to jump and touch it.

Something similar to these two would work.

13454344295_7eabd20a92.jpg

It looks like there should be plenty of room under that hill without any real clearance issues:

UnderSurfDog.thumb.png.76ad603069cc847f095a951ebd7c13d8.png

Here's Surf Dog at King's Island. There is the canvas to protect the track, but I'd say it's well out of guests' reach unless they're on par with Mario's jumping ability.

CF is using this gap to its advantage at Valleyfair as well, where the new antique car ride will pass beneath Northern Lights' hill. Creative idea if you ask me.

That said, I wonder how many more of these rides we might expect in years to come at other CF parks.

^ Finally we will be able to go under some "coaster" track at Cedar Point.

Glad that area of the park is finally being upgraded. It used to be so bland, and now it's going to be beaming with two fun family friendly rides, and one giant slingshot.