TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Was going through some old pictures and found some Maverick circa 2006 as it was under construction!

Enjoy!

This is when it ran the best! No QDC - "quick direction changes" to beat you up. Especially your neck with your arms up riding. I still can't believe they haven't replaced the restraints with the soft ones like I305. That would make it more comfortable for me. Come on Cedar Point!!!

Honestly I've never had an issue with Maverick's restraints at all. I'm not sure why so many people complain about them.

Same here. Rode it for the first time last year, had a little bit of an issue. After that, no issues during our ERT. Do people get on a ride and sit there like a rag doll?

I personally love Maverick's restraints because of how loose they are but my friend had issues with the ride because of the neck pains others have complained about. I think that's more because of how sudden and tight Maverick's turns are. My best advice is to brace your head by leaning it the same direction as the turn. Once I did that I couldn't feel a thing but even my first ride my neck barely bothered me.

I'm going to the park the week of June 9th. Should I have seriously long line issues, or should I be fine if I just want to hit the credits only? What would be the best day to go, and what would be the best course of action to ensure maximum coaster riding? I believe the plan is to go from opening to closing with small possibility of staying at Breakers.