TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

From my understanding, arent QBots more expensive than FastLane?

Depends on which one you get. There are 3 levels - regular, gold and platinum. I always try to go for platinum if I have the money. This way even a Saturday will be a great day at the park and not a rush.

Regular - "Spend less time waiting in line! Your reservation will be equal to the current wait time."

Gold - "50% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 50%".

Platinum - "90% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 90%. and RIDE TWICE IN A ROW without leaving your seat".

(copied them descriptions from Six Flags Fiesta Texas website)

From my understanding, arent QBots more expensive than FastLane?

Depends on which one you get. There are 3 levels - regular, gold and platinum. I always try to go for platinum if I have the money. This way even a Saturday will be a great day at the park and not a rush.

Regular - "Spend less time waiting in line! Your reservation will be equal to the current wait time." Currently about $40 at Fiesta Texas

Gold - "50% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 50%". Currently about $70 at Fiesta Texas

Platinum - "90% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 90%. and RIDE TWICE IN A ROW without leaving your seat". Currently about $110 at Fiesta Texas

(copied them descriptions from Six Flags Fiesta Texas website)

Edited by alilstronger

The Gemini midway isn't the only improvement coming to Cedar Point in 2014!

NEW IN 2014! HOOTERS Hooters.jpg.5505e3c0c9ebedf84bc398e3c3a4b212.jpg Cedar Point is a great day-time park, but Hooters will be a great attraction at night. Grab a couple of man friends and get up-close and personal with nearly exposed breasts! You'll be so distracted with the boobs that you won't even notice that your f***ing wings are dry and your fries taste like a rear end! Located near Mean Streak.

"Hooters- depriving women of self respect and clothes for over 30 years!"

(fake)

Stupid School Ipad blocked it.

Shouldn't you be learning and not on TRP?

The future of America...LMAO

Actually, I was in silent reading and my teacher said I could do whatever, since I finished my book.*TPR not TRP

Guess HE should've stayed in school and not on TPR Kidding

Stupid School Ipad blocked it.

Shouldn't you be learning and not on TRP?

The future of America...LMAO

Actually, I was in silent reading and my teacher said I could do whatever, since I finished my book.*TPR not TRP

Guess HE should've stayed in school and not on TPR Kidding

Haha! This is why I am an Engineer and not a Journalist! Lol!

Not to muddy this "coaster or not" debate too much, but I recall Cedar Point trying to say how Six Flags Magic Mountain's Superman: The Escape was not a coaster in order to discredit SFMM's coaster count. It just makes me chuckle when Pipe Scream is much more debatable as a true roller coaster than Superman ever was, but Cedar Point was so quick to announce Pipe Scream as a roller coaster addition.

^I wouldn't say that. SFMM is adding coasters for the sake of adding coasters to reach 20 and attract people to the park. Cedar Point adds coasters (family flats?) in order to improve the park and guest experience, and although advertising it as a coaster is good for marketing, that, IMO, is not why they are adding it. SFMM has NO reason to add a fourth family coaster after adding so many recent coasters. We all know that, it's just a cheap way to help reach 20. Cedar Point adds coasters when they think it will benefit the park and guest experience, and while they have almost as many coasters as SFMM, they aren't really competing. Cedar point has already won the "coaster competition," but with quality, not quantity.

SFMM is adding coasters for the sake of adding coasters to reach 20 and attract people to the park. Cedar Point adds coasters (family flats?) in order to improve the park and guest experience, and although advertising it as a coaster is good for marketing, that, IMO, is not why they are adding it. SFMM has NO reason to add a fourth family coaster after adding so many recent coasters. We all know that, it's just a cheap way to help reach 20. Cedar Point adds coasters when they think it will benefit the park and guest experience, and while they have almost as many coasters as SFMM, they aren't really competing. Cedar point has already won the "coaster competition," but with quality, not quantity.

*claps* couldn't have said it better myself.

^Raptor is a very high capacity coaster. It's usually slammed in the mornings but fairly often it's a walk-on in the afternoon/evenings. No need for it to be on fastlane plus. Out of MF, TTD, and Maverick, MF has the highest capacity and I totally agree with having Maverick and TTD on the plus. I can imagine MF may make its way to FastLane Plus some day, but for now, I think two rides will suffice. We shall see though!

Agreed. Ish. It's really annoying seeing everyone say OMGGG ITZ A POLARR COASTERRR because they said the word "DNA". He said "coasters are in our DNA." He could have said "Coasters are what we specialize in" or "We're pretty good with adding coasters" and no one would have thought anything of it even though they mean the SAME THING. When he said it's in our DNA, he meant that CP will always be adding coasters. Everyone was looking into this WAY too much to think that because a Polar Coaster (which one hasn't even been built yet!) looks like DNA, it's coming to CP. Everyone needs to sit back and relax and let whatever happens, happens.

Amen! Amen! Amen! When I first read the "DNA" statement, all I took it was that Cedar Point is still committed to being a roller coaster capital, and that it's obvious that new coasters are a part of their future. Yes, they might be taking a short break from major coasters right now, but they also did from 2007-2012. Who knows when, where, or what type of coaster is next. We can speculate all we want, but can we at least save the heavy speculation for when a real hint comes out (a.k.a. what Knoebels did)?

Not to mention that in one of the Point Cast's they did or in some interview in 2012, the Lady also said "Coasters are in our DNA" I don't know about you but when I see GateKeeper I don't exactly picture a DNA shape of any sort.

ADD ON:

Just out of curiosity, why do people consider the Pipe Scream or any other Disk'O coaster to be a roller coaster? And what is a "true coaster"? the way I see it its some sort of car/train on a track that goes through some sort of cycle. Debate could continue all day and one could probably argue that Wicked Twister isnt a true coaster if they really felt like it. To prove my point heres what Dictionary.com calls a roller coaster: a small gravity railroad, especially in an amusement park, having a train with open cars that moves along a high, sharply winding trestle built with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers.

Not exactly the most specific definition to cause so much controversy and debate over what is and isnt a coaster. just saying

^You may want to check out the recent thread about exactly that. There's also a lot of overlap with the various credit counting threads. Personally, I would never think to count it as a "credit," but don't really care whether it's a "coaster."

Not to muddy this "coaster or not" debate too much, but I recall Cedar Point trying to say how Six Flags Magic Mountain's Superman: The Escape was not a coaster in order to discredit SFMM's coaster count. It just makes me chuckle when Pipe Scream is much more debatable as a true roller coaster than Superman ever was, but Cedar Point was so quick to announce Pipe Scream as a roller coaster addition.

That's funny, because I have a coaster book that explicitly classifies Cedar Point's Demon Drop as a roller coaster. This was after Superman: The Escape opened, but it was still considered a revolutionary new technology at the time.