TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I wonder what restaurants are included in the meal plan? It does not mention anywhere.

If you click on the "buy" buttons a few times eventually you get a list. Pink's is on it, which for me on a not so busy day might actually make it worth my time.

Also, are the in park subways the same quality as outside the park subways?

They're express location: only two types of bread, only cheese available is american. Home of the $12 footlong.

Home of the $12 footlong
HAHAHA. Does anyone have any ideas of the good eateries at Cedar Point.

Pink's is actively good. Toft's has excellent ice cream. Bay Harbor is competent continental cuisine. While chains, the hard truth is that TGI Friday's, Perkins, Johnny Rockets, and Famous Dave's are as good as most anything you'll run across heading back towards OH-2 or I-80/90. I mean, sure, you could go downtown to Zinc, but a lot of the food in the region is the epitome of awful, and at least those chains force Cedar Point to generally use decent stuff. The downside is being seasonal, the staff has a tendency to be lousy at their jobs in the restaurants, so that can be a crap shoot.

Most anything that's in house is probably bordering on inedible. About the only thing that Cedar Point's can do consistently outside the chains without screwing up is deep frying cheese.

On Sunday, June 8th, Cedar Point will once again be taking part in the Coasting for Kids charity event benefiting Give Kids The World. Event details are below. TPR is also supporting this great cause and will have a team of riders participating! Want to join in on the fun? To learn more, head on over to our Coasting for Kids 2014 thread!

Registration time: 7:00 a.m. Resort Gate at Cedar Point

Event time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marathon taking place on: Magnum XL-200 and Gemini

Meal: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. near Gemini entrance

Awards ceremony time and location: 5:00 p.m. near Gemini entrance

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - Four-pack (4) Good Any Day tickets plus four (4) hour tour for four (4) people (valued at $1,029.96)

2nd place - Four-pack (4) Good Any Day tickets (valued at $239.96)

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

They're express location: only two types of bread, only cheese available is american. Home of the $12 footlong.

Lol.

My friend went to the one next to Soak City, and ordered one. The cashier felt sorry for him, and even gave him a free regular-sized water.

Amusement park food is overpriced, and CP is no exception. If they would lower the prices by just two dollars on most things I'd actually consider eating in the park.

Speaking of food, I'm still surprised I never ended up convincing myself to go to Tomo Hibachi last year like I had long planned. I know it's not the only place of its kind in the world, but I still have fond memories (or fond half-memories) of our takeover in 2011. How's it been holding up?

Was part of Camper Village used for the Lighthouse Point project? I thought that this area was a whole bunch of RV sites last year.

Yes, that was where we have been camping every year for many, many years....so in my opinion, this expansion sucks. This is because these were the most reasonably priced RV sites (by reasonable I mean about $70-$90 per night) as they only had water & electric with the public bathrooms/showers in the middle...and it was SHADED!!

Good for the resort for being able to most likely increase revenue by selling the trailers for the high amount of money that they get per night, but it forces middle income families to either pony up for the full hook-up concrete slab sites (almost all are in direct sun & do not feel like campsites) or stay in the cottages, Breakers, Sandcastle or off the peninsula. And unless you either have a huge family, a lot of money or split the cost with four or five other adults, the Lighthouse trailers are very high priced for smaller families.

I can see why they did it, but I personally don't like this move at all because it will most likely put a sentimental end to a family tradition that we have done together since my mother passed.

During Halloweekends we would always see campers in that area return every year and decorate their sites with the same lights and decorations so I know we won't be the only family disappointed with this announcement.

On the flip side, I'm sure that Bayshore Estates KOA and some of the other local campgrounds are going to LOVE this announcement because I believe that this will undoubtedly pull more value-oriented families over to their campgrounds. That will most likely be where we will be staying next year and then we'll just ride over to the park together and use my platinum pass to park for free in the Soak City lot.

Anyone notice on the CP website that Fast Lane Plus is now Dragster and Maverick, not GateKeeper?

A much needed change. A common denominator from employees and guests is that Maverick's standby queue was the most unfairly affected by the basic Fast Lane due to Maverick's lower hourly capacity. GateKeeper eats guests like clockwork, so the increased traffic under the regular Fast Lane should not slow down the standby queue very much at all. Great decision by Cedar Point!

All I can say for this change is thank God. On some of the busiest days we had an hr and half Fast Lane line making the regular queue 3 + hrs it was horrible and always felt bad for the guests in the regular line. And on top of those guest complaning about the 3 hr line we had FL guest also complain at how long they were waiting.

I don't live near Cedar Point at all, and visited my first and possibly only time last summer with my family, and was luckily able to convince my family to splurge for regular Fast Lane keeping in mind we may never be back. We got the early entry, but even with all this, could only ride Maverick once during the day because the FAST LANE line was spilling out of the queue. Granted, I expected large crowds visiting July 4th weekend, but for spending almost $80 each on top of ticket price, I was disappointed. It really isn't right for CP to sell so many skip the line passes. Its unfair not only for those waiting in the standby queue, but even for those that plopped down hundreds of dollars to have a great day that they'd like to remember. If I'm paying that much money to skip lines because I only have one day, I want to get what I paid for, and I certainly did not.

May I ask how not ridding 1 coaster out of the 25 rides they offer on FL not to mention the other 30 + attractions were not what you paid for. Were there any other rides you were not able to ride because of this? And to mention if they had stopped selling FL before you were allowed to purchase them would you of been upset and complained that they weren't selling enough? After all you did visit on one of the busiest days CP has during the summer season.

Out of the major rides on FL this is the only that had an significant problem and the others their FL lines never got longer the 45 min. I'm sorry you guys had a bad time but just because I was not able to ride ONE ride more then once ( assuming like how most families visiting for the first time do or once a summer) would make me feel like I wasted my money. Now I will take this all back, if there is more to your story that you're not telling. But to me you're letting one problem dictate how that trip went.

I knew going in that it was going to be very busy the day I went, and I am not blaming CP at all for that. In fact, I thought CP's operations were stellar. However, when we paid around $80 each to skip lines, what we expected was to get the extra rides that we paid to get. As to whether I would have been upset if they ran out, we knew that they may run out, which they probably did at some point, so we ordered them online far in advance.

Our trip was returning to the east coast after a college visit with my brother in Indiana. We decided to stay in Breakers Express for a night and buy Fast Lane tickets in hopes of riding as many coasters as we could. Adding this all together, between hotel/tickets and Fast Lane, we probably added and extra $350 or so to our trip expense.

We knew we wanted to get multiple rides on MF, Maverick, and Dragster. We got 2x on MF, 1x on Maverick, and 1x on Dragster right when it opened because you had to pay an extra $15 for Fast Lane Plus, which we didn't feel was worth it.

My point is, if you are paying that much extra in order to skip lines, that is what you should get. I don't think it's right to still wait over an hour after paying to do the opposite. Selling less would fix that, but I understand that's probably not going to happen, which really is a shame for as I said, those waiting in the regular line for 3 hours for Maverick, and not much less for $80 more.

My goal wasn't to come on here and just complain, I had a fantastic day at Cedar Point and hope to get back there sometime soon if possible. I just wanted to point out a problem to get some feedback, because I don't think it is fair to advertise skipping long lines when you are really just waiting in a separate, slightly shorter line.

I am going to CP for the first time this summer for two days. I am getting fast lane plus both days. Will i have any problems like the ones above?

What days do you plan to visit? Weekends or weekdays? June isn't generally too bad. Being a seasonal amusement park, July and early August are the busiest times of the year. July weekends the heaviest days of the year, except for October Holloweekend Saturdays. Since the 4th of July is on a Friday this year, that weekend is going to be a complete zoo. The absolute best time to visit is the weekend after Labor Day Weekend. Lines can be very short. I try to go every year on that weekend.

So I thought the winter chill out would start this discussion, but I guess not. We know CP is working on their next big roller coaster. What do you think it will be?

I think we're in for a wild mouse that is something special. Racing maybe, longest, etc. it'll be somewhere on the Blue Streak midway. Maybe replacing one of the car rides? Just some ideas.

What do you think?

I think CP is realizing that they need something with a big draw and high capacity. A wild mouse would be cool, but I think a dark ride like CW's guardian would take care of that. Speaking of that, if that is a success, CP is probably next on the list for that.

I've heard talk of a polar coaster because they said something about coasters being in their DNA at the winter chill out. I've heard Six Flags say that before, so I don't think the fact that a polar coaster sorta looks like DNA is hinting at that. Even though it could reclaim the height record from Kingda Ka, I dot see CP getting that until it's a proven success, if it ever is.

So what are they going to get? I've heard rumors about some kind of flying coaster over water, but I don't see that happening as GateKeeper is trying to get the park further off the beach. Maybe RMC Mean Streak, but I'm not so sure on that one. We'll see.