TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I was just cruising ebay, and found these rare pictures of some past cedar point attractions. I thought you guys would enjoy these.

1942067239_(KGrHqZHJEEFGvim4EYRBRtpKLoBH!60_3.JPG.f0c762f2dc2ca19f946eb485dec17ef6.JPG

Troika used to be where dragster is now. Aprox where the entrance to the line is now.

1104388718_(KGrHqZHJFEFI6uJnP3qBSTeND7tS!60_3.thumb.JPG.0840588a8f79047899c815490ef08373.JPG

Here is the best picture of scamper that I have ever seen. this is where matterhorn is today. The scrambler still remains in the same spot today.

716116244__57.thumb.JPG.c63a2da2a1e4c36ccb8369a313d74e6f.JPG

I remember buying fruit drinks like this at the park when I was a kid.

272325212_T2eC16N!yUE9s6NDMq2BSG!Q41Cs!60_57.thumb.JPG.a93c23bcf0dededb0ee29da56e826a62.JPG

This is the best picture of the tiki twirl I have ever seen. The ride replaced the scamper, and then was removed for matterhorn. The tiki twirl was almost the same as calypso.

0d94ad0aa475d4d5519ec58bb83d6610.jpg.8098a711694335461c132d9f640efc38.jpg

The rotor used to be where choas was. The ride had seen a few differant locations in the park.

three kids’ areas, live shows, unique and interesting places to eat and spend the night, Cedar Point offers something fun for everyone.”

Does this mean Gemini Childrens' area will be consolidated into Camp Snoopy?

I've always thought of it as being sub-par, and don't see why CP claims it to be it's own childrens' area.

He guys,

Me and my wife are going to visit CP on the 12th and 13th of may.

The site offers a ride and slide 2 day-ticket with an online price of $87,99

2 questions:

Is it the best way (aka cheapest) to order tickets for a 2 day visit?

Is it valid for 2 consecutive days at CP? Or 1 day CP and 1 day Soak city?

Thanks for the help!

Paul

Bad news, apparently, according to a Cedar Point News twitter- "@cedarpointnews: Iron Dragon's height requirement has been changed from 46" to 48" for the 2014 season."

Well, that stinks...

Heck, even Magic Mountain's Ninja has a 42" height limit.

I thought one of the reasons it was still popular was because it was a "family coaster", even though the height requirement was still pretty tall. I wonder what caused the change?

Well, the other two Arrow suspends at Cedar Fair parks both have 48" height limits.

This is really dumb. There is no reason that a family coaster this tame should have a height requirement of 4 ft! As stated above, a much more aggressive coaster of the same type has a requirement that is 6 inches shorter than Iron Dragon. It still makes me wonder why the hell CP (or Kings Island) has the highest height restrictions on their coasters. So if John Doe was 46 inches last year, but is not quite 48 inches this year, they are going to deny the kid a ride and he will definitely feel its unfair. I understand if there was some major modifications to the train, but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Edited by Koasterking48

Also lets remember that Ohio has very strict ride laws in order to let the park operate the rides, so if anything, we can blame worthless state laws...

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland has a 48" height limit and the last time I checked, Ohio didn't conquer Ontario...

Typically, the state never forms the safety policies for rides, they only require that parks follow all manufacturer specifications. Potentially the insurance company could have had some influence, but that seems very unlikely because there haven't been any incidents. I'm willing to bet this is the product of Cedar Point all the way which is really sad because it does seem very restrictive for no particular reason at all. Kinda funny, once you are finally tall enough for Iron Dragon, Blue Streak, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, you also become tall enough for Millennium Force. Watch, next Millennium Force gets the boost to 60."