TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Well What is going on then. I certainly don't know what the attraction is going to be.

I think they may use the WWL building for another purpose, like a show, restaurant, or something else like storage.

As far as what the coaster will be in 2007 I don't know anyone who has definitively said it will be this. We've all heard the rumors but those are rumors, sure would be nice to know.

Looking towards history the CPLE tracks were moved 5 feet when they put in MF but for this new attraction I hear they have been moved 14 feet. This doesn't tell me what the ride may be though.

Looking towards history the CPLE tracks were moved 5 feet when they put in MF but for this new attraction I hear they have been moved 14 feet. This doesn't tell me what the ride may be though.

I wouldn't look much into that.

Probably just means there's more free room on the former WWL site compared to where MF sits.

It's like 95% sure that this site is for the 2007 coaster. However the specifics about what type,etc will still be somewhat of a mystery for awhile.

My money's on a dueling flyer. Though really it's a crap shoot at this point.

^

I agree that the WWL site is the location of the 2007 attraction. I would also love to see the dueling flyer but I also wouldn't mind seeing a 500 footer. The only thing is the 500 footer I would want needs to be at least 7000 feet long.

Like you said though who knows what it is going to be at this early stage. If you're in "the know" your also in the group that isn't allowed to talk about the ride. It does look pretty certain that the ride will be called MAVERICK though. Unless the release of this information causes them to change the name but I highly doubt it.

Not suprisingly, there are now tons of trees missing from that site. Typical Cedar Fair construction work!

Cedar Fair's motto: We hate history, we hate trees.

As far as those who know: Those who know keep their mouths shut, sit back and are amused by those who have no idea.

-Bryan "500 has nothing to do with 2007" Wood

With all the hints the CP Blog has been dropping, I think it's plain that CP will be getting the World's First Inverted Flume ride! I hear it will be called the Floominator.

I, for one, cannot wait to ride suspended below the water! It'll be nuts!

With all the hints the CP Blog has been dropping, I think it's plain that CP will be getting the World's First Inverted Flume ride! I hear it will be called the Floominator.

I, for one, cannot wait to ride suspended below the water! It'll be nuts!

There was already one of these at the Wisconsin State Fair. Two actually, and they dueled. And they were LIM launched. And at the end you flew through the mouth of a gigantic golden statue of Robert Oppenheimer.

So intense.

Well, CF went through it's Intamin phase... buying Steel Venom, Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster basically back to back, and in 05 we had nothing new from them at CF parks. Right now, they seem to be buying up B&Ms left and right, Patriot, Silver Bullet, Hydra.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a B&M coaster in that location, but I'd expect it to be something unusual, considering GL (which they know own) has Dominator, which make sme think a floorless isn't novel enough. I'd guess either a flying coaster or a dive machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting, I really haven't paid all that much attention to the new rumored ride but this gets my attention! So, my prediction is that is will be a coaster but I hate random guessing on what type of ride it is. So its probably a coaster, and that's good enough for me.

_six

Just so you all know from the beginning, my money is on a launched coaster from S&S (Powder Keg style) that is the longest coaster in the world.

Yeah, kind of sounds over the edge, but I have a hunch. Who knows. Just a silly prediction, right?