TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If Mean Streak gets Iron Horse treatment I don't think they'll go with Iron Streak since it copies too much off of Six Flags, although I do like the name Iron Streak. Maybe they'll just leave it as Mean Streak.

I've noticed a lot of people say "using the word Iron copies TOO MUCH off of Six Flags", Which I can understand your point but I just want to point out that the only RMC Coaster through Six Flags using Iron in its name is Iron Rattler, so I wouldn't go as far as to say Six Flags repeats that for its RMC Coasters or that if Cedar Fair used Iron in one of their RMC Coasters it would be copying Six Flags too much. Not trying to argue or anything, I just wanted to say my piece on the matter lol!

I wouldn't get our hopes up for RMC treatment on Mean Streak. I'd look for CF to have RMC do a redo of a smaller ride and see how that pans out before allowing RMC on the point.

Keep in mind, we may very well be looking at 2020 for the next major coaster in Sandusky. That'll be the 150th anniversary of CP, so something big will probably come. Between now and then, I can see a family coaster coming. But it's been a while since a family coaster has been installed. Depending on the future of Planet Snoopy, we may see a family coaster pop up there.

Keep in mind, we may very well be looking at 2020 for the next major coaster in Sandusky. That'll be the 150th anniversary of CP, so something big will probably come. Between now and then, I can see a family coaster coming. But it's been a while since a family coaster has been installed. Depending on the future of Planet Snoopy, we may see a family coaster pop up there.

It took 7 years to get their latest coaster - Gatekeeper. They obviously are not in the new coaster race anymore. That's too bad...

It took 7 years to get their latest coaster - Gatekeeper. They obviously are not in the new coaster race anymore. That's too bad...

DISCLAIMER: the following is nothing more than an funny concept. I don't believe this to ever happen. Reader discretion is advised.

I always thought it'd be neat for CP to install like four coasters at once and over take the coaster count for their 2020 celebration (assuming they have one). Imagine a zac spin, an el loco, a GCI, and a Mack Wild Mouse. Could all be done for under $25,000,000.

I know you're a SFMM Fanboy so this will probably fall on deaf ears, but what's so terrible about not being in the coaster race!?!?!?

I applaud Cedar Point for getting out of the 'race' and letting SFMM *win* but fail as a park as a whole!

Cedar Point is a multi-day family destination with lots of rides and attractions. It shouldn't be competing with SFMM as it's in a different class and category.

It also seems like Cedar Point is really working towards making the overall experience a better one by improving the resorts, the front gate, dining options, restrooms, etc. This makes for a much MUCH better trip than an arbitrary number of coasters.

DISCLAIMER: the following is nothing more than an funny concept. I don't believe this to ever happen. Reader discretion is advised.

I always thought it'd be neat for CP to install like four coasters at once and over take the coaster count for their 2020 celebration (assuming they have one). Imagine a zac spin, an el loco, a GCI, and a Mack Wild Mouse. Could all be done for under $25,000,000.

I imagine that they would probably put in a smaller scale coaster or two between now and 2020, but then go all out for the 150th with something big.

I think it would be nice to see Iron Dragon removed (granted I do enjoy the ride, I just feel its space could be better used) and a record breaking (Tallest, Longest, AND Fastest) GCI placed in that land. That would be a great hit for CP! It could be a capacity monster, It would appeal to the GP, and it would be a reliable investment that would last a life time (granted there are no fires )!

I know you're a SFMM Fanboy so this will probably fall on deaf ears, but what's so terrible about not being in the coaster race!?!?!?

I applaud Cedar Point for getting out of the 'race' and letting SFMM *win* but fail as a park as a whole!

Cedar Point is a multi-day family destination with lots of rides and attractions. It shouldn't be competing with SFMM as it's in a different class and category.

Hey Elissa, to each his or her own. I was just stating a fact that it took Cedar Point 7 years since their last coaster - Maverick, to put in a new one. It's 2013, so 2020 would be 7 years from now.

I think it would be nice to see Iron Dragon removed (granted I do enjoy the ride, I just feel its space could be better used) and a record breaking (Tallest, Longest, AND Fastest) GCI placed in that land. That would be a great hit for CP! It could be a capacity monster, It would appeal to the GP, and it would be a reliable investment that would last a life time (granted there are no fires )!

With the small amount of space Iron Dragon would free up, I just do not see that being possible at all.

With the small amount of space Iron Dragon would free up, I just do not see that being possible at all.

While I don't see Iron Dragon going away anytime soon, it actually does take up a fair amount of space. Have a look at the pic below. I think it many take up just as much space, if not more, as Mantis does.

Make no mistake about it, they could most certainly make use of that area to build a big ride.

--Robb

image.thumb.jpg.2e7efcb0205db6c717da2bdb30d86646.jpg

..... How?

Iron Dragon is one of the very few coasters at the park where the kids are tall enough to ride. I hope it stays around for a while.

My exact thoughts. Personally, I'd like to see it get some love, some upgrades, and lower the height restriction to 42" like all the other non-Cedar Fair Arrow suspended were.

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah Iron Dragon could certainly use some love. It's a great starter coaster, something Cedar Point is lacking in at the moment. The ride just feels very unloved these days. Some minor enhancements could go a long way towards making the ride a better experience for the budding coaster enthusiasts out there

Iron Dragon is one of the very few coasters at the park where the kids are tall enough to ride. I hope it stays around for a while.

And that's just it. They have already removed Wildcat and Disaster Transport, which they should still replace with another good size family coaster.