TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Great additions! The old and tired looking Gemini games area is gone and it looks like we'll have our version of KI's Surf Dog. Nice that they are also investing in a set of Flying Scooters. Surprised by the name change and relocated entrance of Jr. Gemini but it makes sense to make it more a part of Camp Snoopy though it looks like the two Hampton umbrella rides in front of it are being removed sinc ethey only mention the Frog Hopper being relocated.

I'm excited for the new additions. They help fill in an area what I always considered weak at Cedar Point - the family demographic where kids are too big for Camp Snoopy but are not ready for the big time rides.

They can go to the city and ask for a variance or ask for an easement on the lake. They own out to the water line, but then it becomes public property. However, that is why things like an easement of use and variances exist.

No they can't - the city doesn't own the land, the state controls the lake through a trust and at least from the few court cases I saw while living in the area a few years back was that it isn't the easiest thing to convince to state to let you build out in the water.

^Most of the marina was actually dug into the peninsula vs building out and more recent additions are floating docks that aren't permanent. I'm sure if they really wanted to they can find a way - but in all my research on the park they never really touched the issue save for having the U.S. Army Corps help on some projects in the 50s and I sense it just isn't worth the legal battle that it would take.

The Flying Scooters look good. I'm curious as to why they went with a Skater coaster as opposed to a DiskO coaster. Either way, that still looks great as well.

I was getting excited for a dark ride. Soooo when are they going to do a Iron re-do of Mean Streak? It's going to happen eventually. They'd be stupid not to do it.

I'd rather they Implode Mean Streak and have RMC build a New Coaster there from Scratch.

Cedar Fair is clearly getting a discount on Flying Scooters.

The Flying Scooters look good. I'm curious as to why they went with a Skater coaster as opposed to a DiskO coaster. Either way, that still looks great as well.

I'm guessing but do the skater coasters feel tamer than riding a disko? I assumed with the video they are aiming for rides that fit the whole family and I know some of my younger students will happily ride the rockin tug at Everland but have no interest in the disko at Lotte World.

Am I the only one that thought the family in the commercial was cheesy as all hell? I found that almost painful to watch and I found their last name to be quite telling. Breakers? meh especially for $174.99 a night without park tickets, If I stay at a hotel in sandusky its the Maples. Call me cheap but $200 to just sleep is insane, I'll sleep in my car and take a shower at soak city for that kind of cash. I'm happy to see some much needed new flats going in especially the flying skooters!

I will go so far as to say moving and retheming the frog hopper is all well and good as is the removal of the pretty sub par arcade but the renaming of Jr Gemini is tantamount to blasphemy. Also I saw no mention of the kiddie bumper boats, are they being relocated or just removed as well?

^I'm so glad someone else has said it!

That was a TERRIBLE video. That family made me want to kill myself. I'm assuming those children will also now be constantly bullied at school because of it.

Also, I don't see how this is so great for families!?!? First off, we haven't seen any height restrictions. Secondly they're pulling out some of the old kiddie rides to do this. Anyone who followed our Cedar Point report with a 45" tall child knows what I'm talking about and this small 2014 addition won't help.

The new rides really help fill-in a weakness at Cedar Point. Camp Snoopy looks to really improve with the Frog Hopper and Jr Gemini going to that section of the park. Based on experiencing Surf Dog at King's Island, I probably can only ride Pipe Scream once before I start to feel a little queasy. I am unfortunately the same way with Max Air and to a much lesser extent on Sky Hawk. I am really excited about finally getting some flying scooters to the Park, especially if they are snapable!

That was a TERRIBLE video. That family made me want to kill myself. I'm assuming those children will also now be constantly bullied at school because of it.

Agreed--that video was way too cheesy. Comments for that video are disabled on You Tube. Go figure.

Edited by cfc

I personally do not think the video was bad. It did what it was intended to do, and the family acted just as they did in their audition video. I have definitely seen way cheesier videos, ex. Fun Spot "ITS HUGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!" Overall the refresh looks great and will be a great addition to the Point! Woohoo, No more Blacktop!!!

Also, I don't see how this is so great for families!?!? First off, we haven't seen any height restrictions. Secondly they're pulling out some of the old kiddie rides to do this. Anyone who followed our Cedar Point report with a 45" tall child knows what I'm talking about and this small 2014 addition won't help.

I really hope that was a joke, especially because I personally know the family. Sure the video might have been a bit cheesy, but I am pretty sure this is meant to appeal to the general public/family crowd and not the coaster enthusiast community.

So much bitching over this, atleast the park is getting new FAMILY rides. It is not like the park received a nice shiny coaster or something last year...

I look forward to this improvement, helps to spruce up an area of the park that really needs it!

I really hope that was a joke, especially because I personally know the family. Sure the video might have been a bit cheesy, but I am pretty sure this is meant to appeal to the general public/family crowd and not the coaster enthusiast community.

So much bitching over this, atleast the park is getting new FAMILY rides. It is not like the park received a nice shiny coaster or something last year...

I look forward to this improvement, helps to spruce up an area of the park that really needs it!

Elissa is merely expressing his suspicions concerning height requirements for these new "family" attractions--Cedar Point's track record for riders between the ages of six and twelve is not particularly good.

Edited by cfc

^^If you 'personally know the family' then you should also be making fun of them!

That was not a 'bit cheesy' that was a full on Wisconsin cheese fest galore!

I know when/if I've had to do crap like that my friends and family also make fun of me, because it's terrible! Most of TV is not like that, yet some producers and production companies love making stuff like that.

I also think most of you saying how great this is don't actually have families. I stand by my previous post. They're not actually increasing the number of family rides and we haven't seen height requirements.